GU67 - CAT Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Jamiss, Jul 8, 2013.

1. slippery Well-Known Member

Not when you have to change within a zone, which is often the case.
    Alenna likes this.
  2. Deveryn Well-Known Member

Maybe I'm not being clear enough. What I'm suggesting is another build, different from the other two a person has that covers all the skills required in that zone.
  3. Silzin Active Member

the way AA and Prestige options work for most of the HM mobs, is that you need a Build that will work for that mob and is all but useless on ALL other mobs. so there is no all fitting Spec that can be made for the Zone since u need just the right AA and Prestige build do get the job done.
    Alenna likes this.
  4. Solzak Member

Wow, guys... EQ2 is creating what is likely the most flexible, customizable achievement attribute points system available in any MMO, and you complain that the presets aren't up to par! The devs are working their proverbial butts off to get this new content and interface out to us, a week earlier than planned!, and you want them to focus on something anyone will be able to change and swap out on the fly.

Thule take us if we should actually be required to learn our abilities and choose our attributes with wisdom. No... it should be cookie-cutter simple! eesh....
    Feldon likes this.
  5. Feldon Well-Known Member

I could be wrong, and I hope nobody is offended by this, but I think the Presets are for folks who don't:
    • Use EQ2U or Dragon's Armory
    • Install addons like EQ2MAP
    • Read the EQ2 Forums
    or are:
    • New to the game
    Guiscard and Alenna like this.
  6. Quabi Active Member

I think the presets are important because 1) there are very few guides for this game and 2) spending hundreds of points across several trees is a lot more complicated than most other games. Plus, copying a spec from a top end raider might really **** you if you aren't reaching the caps they are, ect (and if your gear level is bad, you'll need all the help you can get). And anyway, some dev took the time to design the specs, so we might as well give feedback on it.
  7. Lyndro Active Member

In an upcoming beta update (Next couple days), mounts will be castable in any zone. You just won't get the mount/speed portion.
    Lodrelhai, Alenna, Mindsway and 4 others like this.
  8. Caith Developer

The Server templates are just that. They are specifically set up for new characters, and more specifically for new players. I tried to design them to avoid adding complexity, while still performing their role. They are designed to add a respectable setup while leveling.

What the server templates are not designed for. Replacing player built AA specs. Every character plays a bit different, even two otherwise identical characters are going to spec a little differently, or use a slightly different cast order for any number of reasons.

And of course, trying to make these top end specs would require constant revisions to stay current. I do not want is to be changing these specs often once they are live, as that would be changing specs that players may be currently using.

I'm certainly not going to be offended by any comments on the templates, and if anyone has any further feedback on them I would love to hear it so I can go over it. Beta has all of the current builds based off of some of the previous feedback which identified some fairly significant flaws, such as tanks not picking up Body and Mind in the Heroic tree for their group template!
  9. Silzin Active Member

Thank you SO much for working this in during Beta. it will make using this system realistic for a lot more people.
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  10. Dedith Well-Known Member

@Caith - The guardian tanking template (group) has a minor flaw. There are two Enhance: Rescue options, taking one is usually more then enough to get recast at it's cap, but maxing both is a waste of points.
  11. Chronus Active Member

For sorcerers, have the Heroic tab endlines be:
    Ethernere Chains or Sanguine Sacrifice - Solo
    Sanguine Sacrifice - Group
    PvP - Mystical Field

Also on the warlock prestige in the group preset section there should be 0 points in noxious attunement, and instead have 3 points in each of Empowered Bolt, Perfect Influx and Occult Energy.

In the warlock tab in the group section there should be 10 points in Enhance: Magi's shielding in my opinion as every high level warlock takes it, though if you wish it to be for sub-90 people (where it's still really good) then I guess you could leave it as is.

In the warlock prestige presets for both Solo and PvP there are points unspent. PvP needs to take Miasma to complete the build you want, while Solo needs Noxious Spellsinger.

I don't understand why shroud of bertoxxulous has any points in it anywhere in the Group preset, seeing as putting Grasp on everybody is a much better use of concentration slots.

In the warlock Solo preset I don't understand why you've half-way housed Distortion in the warlock tab, with 5 points in Enhance: Distortion and 0 points in Distorted mind. It would be best to take 5 points from either Enhance: Dark Nebula or Enhance:Shroud of Bertoxxulous and put them in Distorted mind.

None of the warlock presets have any points in Enhance:Curse of Void, when this is actually always in groups and usually solo as it increases the amount of intelligence you gain from Draw from the Void.

These are the definite oddities and poor choices, others I can sort of see the point in and can see why a lower level would find them useful (agility line for example). I'd hope that any warlock seriously looking into their spec would read Mogrim's guide but eh well, with the changes above it would at least give them a good base to start from.
  12. Ynnek Well-Known Member

And: solve the ongoing irritating problem of switching stat mounts in zones... A two-fer!
  13. Mindsway Well-Known Member

Thank you SO much!
  14. Alenna Well-Known Member

the problem is that it is only one fight in one zone that needs the hook arrow or what ever the rest don't and the raid needs the dps on the others.
  15. Alenna Well-Known Member

Thank you.
  16. Tabri Well-Known Member

I dont understand why we need to lose the mount speed although Im glad we at least get our stats if the mount disappears now. If you would just make all mounts the same run speed and air speed then it can just be a buff instead of an equipment slot item no matter if your in a zone or outside of a zone you would then be able to have any mount you want instead of being stuck with a specific one. I dont see an exploit in run speed so why not just make all mounts the same? On pvp your stuck in combat anyway if you get hit right so run speed doesnt matter there either? On pve servers it doesnt really matter either nowadays I can go buy a horse for 5 silver and run 130 speed or whatever whats the difference if a flyer does that on the ground or a glider?
  17. Misia Active Member

I can see them not wanting us to swap mounts to have ground mount speed between encounters, especially when they've built zones so that after we clear an area we have to run to uncleared areas, or that after any wipe here wouldn't be that possible penalty of someone having to run back possibly with flying mount speed if no one passed out rezzy items etc. Having the choice to swap and ending up with no mount speed makes sure you'll still use those run speed items/abilities. Crafters of totems would complain as well probably.

However, it would be nice if the AA swap in zone just wouldn't affect the mount (unless they're just wanting it to be a penalty of the choice). However, making this change to keep stats, but not run speed will still have us zoning out for mount swaps at times. IE Call out to guild, swap mount, take flag & tinker or just vet call etc.
  18. Silzin Active Member

I think the change with not getting the mount speed is going to be the same is it is on live atm.

atm on live u can cast a mount outside of a zone, get the buff and the movement speed. then zone into a indore zone and have the buff and no movement speed. I think (and hope) the new system will work the same but with indore zones we will get the buff and no speed but outside zones we get both.
  19. Ucala Well-Known Member

tbh I don't think you have mount speed in instances anyway (with a few exceptions like PoW)
  20. Tabri Well-Known Member

@Ucala yeah but you could
    @Silzin you really like poking along through zones? Im glad you do I dont
    Speed totems, speed cloaks, speed blah blah usually a lot of it doesnt stack and it takes up a massive amount of bag space I would have an entire bag free if i didnt have this junk in it seriously, make all this junk for in combat run speed instead then it might be useful and for God's sake make all of this stuff STACK, as it stands my woodworker doesnt even make the sabertooth totems they arent worth it on the broker why would anyone gripe not having them or if they were changed to in combat instead of out of combat speed instead? Can even change SOW to in combat run speed instead then and scouts and troubs etc.