GU67 - CAT Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Jamiss, Jul 8, 2013.

1. Jamiss Developer

[Feedback Requested] Alternate Advancement Templates are on Beta!
    As of this morning (Monday July 8) the beta server has the new Character Advancement Template system. We are testing out an early version of it. This system allows you to swap between Alternate Advancement / Prestige specs in the field!

You can load one of our server-stored profiles or create your own! You can also export your spec out to a file for your friend to load on their computer.

You can access this at any time by opening your Alternate Advancement window.

Hop on Beta and give it a look!

If you have any feedback or notice any bugs, please post in this thread and let us know.

Please use this thread as feedback for the Character Advancement Template system only.
  2. Ucala Well-Known Member

if only I could get in
  3. Silzin Active Member

i hate having to ask questions that i should be able to find out with experimentation in game... but i can not get in Beta so i am going to ask.

Will loading a new profile or making changes to your existing AA profile Dismount their character?
  4. Enric_of_Neriak Member

I just swapped between the preset profiles and my own several times. My mount and my harvesting tool buffs remained up. The system itself will take a little getting used to. However in it's current state it will make swapping between mass production, experimenting and refining much more convenient. These days trade prestige specs are the only thing I really need to swap on my ranger anyway.

Edit: Looks like I spoke too soon. I can respec all I want without my mount dropping. As soon as I zone however my mount drops.
  5. Priority Well-Known Member

It's not loading my Prestige abilities such as Rapid Salvo when I switch specs. Exploit Weakness grants the ability with no issue, however the Prestige line appears to be having issues.

Also, why do I have to zone for these to take affect? That completely defeats the purpose of this idea. This does nothing but let's you zone around in overland zones and respec. I thought the point was to allow us to switch specs mid-instance for different named fights.
  6. Enric_of_Neriak Member

[IMG]
    Looks like some of the window elements get a little wonky after playing with the feature for a bit.

[IMG]
    That's another one.
  7. Oldtimer Active Member

Hijack! Is there a way to fast patch the beta server like last time please? I'm willing and happy to spend my free time testing stuffs and /feedbacking but I dare not start the patcher if it's going to take 10 days ;p PM or reply would be lovely thank you.
  8. Ucala Well-Known Member

you could just copy all Test server files into the Beta server file..same as last time. not that it matters since the login servers are packed atm it seems. been trying to get in for like 30 min now and I just keep crashing on "entering game on.."
  9. Priority Well-Known Member

I'm getting the exact same thing on mine. I only have 3 lines coming off of my window though.
  10. Deveryn Well-Known Member

I'm having issues with my Tradeskill Prestige spells not loading when I login. It seems I have to hit commit every time to get them to register.
  11. Chronus Active Member

It cancels mounts still, therefore it makes no difference to me whatsoever and would rather not see it implemented. This was just because of normal respeccing which happens every time I zone!

However.

It broke my prestige, while I get my other AA abilities none of the prestige enhancements to my abilities work and I don't get occult bolt. This is a leftside specced warlock. Negative void buff doesn't apply, flames buff doesn't, plaguebringer reset doesn't, occult bolt isn't even in my spell book.

Also the pre-set AAs for warlocks are trash, Ethenere chains in group? What the heck, that would get you kicked from a pug, Sanguine sacrifice please.

This should be the group one with remaining points spent as a personal preference of devs. Sta vs int line can also be switched at which devs think is better. 10cb vs 10 pot in heroic can also be interchanged imo.
    http://beetny.com/eq2aa/#GU65;mt074...505@311t3a00a0@3aa8001t503302100103003@30@311
  12. Jamiss Developer

This GUI weirdness should be fixed with the next update.
    Eshaac and Enric_of_Neriak like this.
  13. Jamiss Developer

Also, most of the application / zoning problems should be fixed with the next update as well.
    Eshaac likes this.
  14. Mogrim Well-Known Member

They should just read my warlock thread on flames and put the warlock options as "Mogrim says".
  15. Alenna Well-Known Member

will my copied main be able to keep the metallic reptile backpack in the first inventory slot with out it going into overflow whenever I log in or zone
  16. Sambril Well-Known Member

It is probably unintentional, but my level 42 paladin was able to spend points beyond the normal limits for that level. I don't just mean pre-allocate points for a profile, but actually spend them and have abilities granted.
  17. Anaogi Well-Known Member

Blessedly intentional! (The old limits were a PITA anyway...)
  18. Jamiss Developer

Do you mean spend more Achievement points than you have? Or spend more than used to be allowed for a level 42 character? If the former, that's not intended, if the latter, it's as Anaogi said.
  19. Sambril Well-Known Member

I hadn't seen the patch notes when I posted, I just noticed that I was able to spend more than live - so it's all good, thanks. :)
  20. slippery Well-Known Member

The thing on the right that lets you undo your choices, it should really have some sort of mouseover that tells you what it does and what you are removing, and probably a confirmation box warning you about what you are about to do.

But really, to do it even one better, would not be to do the undo like that at all. It seems kind of counterintuitive to me that if the first point I spent was wrong and I realize it at the end, I have to undo every single point I've done since then. I'd rather a system like Beetny where I could right click to remove, and even better hold shift/control to spend more then one point at a time. It should only unspend more than that if what I unspend would disallow something further down the tree. If you make a mistake early on and then have to do EVERYTHING again it really kind of stinks, especially when it is removing AA's spent in different trees.
    Doog, Twyxx, Ranga and 5 others like this.