GU32 info (fixes and bugs add in here)

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Shonshazzitt, Feb 13, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Tokamak Guest

[p]Oooh Im a provisioner and Im going to Unrest[/p][p] *bouncy bouncy*[/p][p]There had better be coffins, Ilu, or Im coming round your house with puppies and parsnips.[/p][p]And while Im being random - the picture of Bayle above the message body box. Is she being rogered from behind, or does she just always bend over with her mouth open like that??[/p]
  2. ARCHIVED-Shonshazzitt Guest

[p]Far from the truth, Adv sage 20, and I think the same book for tailor, I didnt have for years, cuz either they werent available, or outrageously priced cuz they were the rarest books in the game.[/p][p]And nor do I actually care where the books come from, I was making a comment =) but it might deal with my playstyle tho hehehe =P Not !! =)[/p]
  3. ARCHIVED-Noaani Guest

Kendricke wrote:
    [p]Exactly.[/p][p]I'd love to see crafting quests added to the game. I'd love to see actual "rare" recipes drop from some mobs. I'd love to see faction based crafting. I'd love to see racial based crafting. I'd love to see raid quality crafting.[/p][p]Of the above list, it seems one is about to be implemented. The others are all things that you should all loudly and cohesively ask for. This is not about quest based recipes, this is not about faction based recipes, nor racial based recipes. This is about raid level recipes, that produce raid level gear, that is avalible to raiders. [/p]
  4. ARCHIVED-Meiox2 Guest

If you look at the status quo, you see that every 'interesting' or say rare recipies over T1 are drops from mobs. You can buy the T6 rare recipies if you have faction, but you need coins, which are drops from mobs or do adventuring quests. Therefore some just fight against this trend. Is it not enough that the raws will be drops from epic mobs ? If you want that only raiding crafters get the recipies make them no trade. Crafters allready 'lost' the secondary tradeskills, because people only wanted the mobile mender without raising 2 TS Skills at once.
  5. ARCHIVED-Noaani Guest

[p] I'm sorry... what?[/p][p]Could you maybe rephrase this in some way, as I have no idea what you mean, nor where you may be going with this.[/p][p]As for the rest of your post, yes, advanced recipe books have always been common mob drops. Thats not likely going to change any time soon. Its not perfect for anyone really, but it is the way it is.[/p][p]Those common books are just part of tradeskilling now. It is expected that every level 70 crafter of any given profession has every advanced book, reguardless of his adventure level.[/p][p]That has nothing to do with recipes for fabled items dropping in raid zones.[/p]
  6. ARCHIVED-Shonshazzitt Guest

[p] [/p][p]Originally secondary tradeskills were based off your tradeskill level only. But, the adventurers won out with enough ranting, that they didnt want to have to raise both skills to use just the secondary skills. So SoE changed the requirements to Adventure/Tradeskill level to be able to use the secondary skill set.[/p]
  7. ARCHIVED-Deson Guest

And it was a smart idea that avoided the mess we got into with the KoS heritage quests.
  8. ARCHIVED-Shonshazzitt Guest

[p]But originally it was promised to Tradeskillers only. Then when it was changed, Tradeskillers got the short end of the stick once again by Adventurers. And it led to a huge commotion in the tradeskill community, but as you have seen, it hadnt made a difference.[/p][p]And as for KoS HQ's, do them or dont, they are not required in the game to do them. I have done 2 KoS HQ's total out of all my toons. Can I do them ?? Sure I can, still a choice on my behalf.[/p][p]And to fix that problem, was the other reason the consignment system was introduced. So people that didnt want to do the tradeskilling, did not have too, and ranting would stop once again, and there was peace over the land. [/p]
  9. ARCHIVED-Deson Guest

I was upset with how they did it-doesn't change it being a smart move. As for KoS, the damage it did was not just the heritage, it was that it made many who otherwise would not have crafted not only do them for those heritage quests but also planning for a potential future.
  10. ARCHIVED-Noaani Guest

[p]Wrong![/p][p]Pre NDA being lifted it was stated in a HoC dev chat that transmuting and tinkering were going to be based off of either adventuring or tradeskilling, whichever was higher. Both during beta and when it went live this was not the case, but there had been no official word as to wether ot not it was intended. Eventually they fixed it to what they had origionally intended. It was not a case of adventurers whining, or as Meiox2 put it, adventurers wanting mendors without raising 2 tradeskills at once.[/p][p]Again, they changed it to what they had origionally stated it was going to be, and never once said anything else was intended.[/p]
  11. ARCHIVED-Deson Guest

Besides that single blurb before beat and never officially stated, the alternate crafts were marketed, tested and sold as crafter content and no one ever had any reason to believe otherwise- even after tinkering was launched completely different from the way it was tested. I agree it's wrong to blame "whining" for the changes but really, they shouldn't get a pass for what happened.
  12. ARCHIVED-Noaani Guest

[p]Tinkering and Transmuting ARE crafting content. The hours and hours i spent at the jeweler-table-thingie tells me I was crafting...[/p][p]OK, so it is based off of either adventure or crafting level. You still need to CRAFT to level it.[/p][p]That makes it crafting content in my eyes. [/p]
  13. ARCHIVED-Deson Guest

BY crafting content I meant tradeskilling content and no they are not the same thing but, the arguments were done to death on the old boards. If someone else wants to rehash the whole thing they can go right ahead.
  14. ARCHIVED-Noaani Guest

[p]Yeah, I read them. Think I posted in one or two of them as well. What I *really* dont get is why people think there are all these adventurers out there leveling up in transmuting that havn't already leveled up in a normal craft. Tinkering is diffrent, you can't sell much a tinkerer makes, so competition doesn't matter.[/p][p]If I can not be bothered leveling up a crafter to 70, what makes you think I would be bothered leveling up a transmuter to 350?[/p][p]I would say the affect of making it adventure/crafting level is that people like me were able to choose to level transmuting up on a toon that had not hit 70 crafting, even if i had an account full of 70 crafters. Thats about it really. If i didn't have the patience to level crafters to 70, why would I suddenly find it for transmuting? [/p]
  15. ARCHIVED-Noaani Guest

Tokamak wrote:
    [p]I know I am going to regret this...[/p][p]Parsnips?[/p]
  16. ARCHIVED-Deson Guest

Noaani wrote:
    Having seen it and considering it's a more valuable profession, the answer is, because it's actually worth something.

I said it was a good move. Took another poster to convince me of it but, it was really a smart play- especially in light of how they were implemented. Really my only beef with either of them now is that they compete directly with actual trades in their already thin market areas.
  17. ARCHIVED-Kendricke Guest

That's fine, too. I would prefer being able to sell them to non-raiders once our members scribe their fill, but either option is fine from my perspective.
  18. ARCHIVED-Noaani Guest

[p]If it comes down to value of the profession, in terms of how much coin you can make with it, no level 70 adventurer would level up transmuting at all. I am able to make about twice the coin I can get from transmuting from simply killing trash in Barren Sky and selling body loot.[/p][p]Income is not something that will put a level 70 adventurer on to any form of crafting.[/p]
  19. ARCHIVED-Deson Guest

True but I certainly wasn't speaking in terms of monetary worth alone. Everyone has a different psychology. Like I said, I've seen it already. Some did it to keep from having to buy them and for many it was a team effort that was faster and involved a lot less grinding and harvesting than any other primary trade than perhaps sages. Also though, there are many who have taken it up without being level 70 anything and level it as they level. It's a very broad spectrum affected by it.
  20. ARCHIVED-Rhonara Guest

You still could have the guild income, just sell looting rights to a supernumerary or two each time you farm the zone. Rho