GU32 info (fixes and bugs add in here)

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Shonshazzitt, Feb 13, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Shonshazzitt Guest

**** New Updated List at the Bottom of this Posting from the Test Server Notes ****

Ok I had a copy of this, you can add in any bugs or add onto this list, but this is the fix list that I seen someone had asked for :lol:

An update on some more things, stuff for GU32 (not GU31!):

The recipe for Elddar's Grasp is now correctly flagged as a level 64 recipe.

Tinkering summoned tradeskill devices will now properly face players. In some cases, the appearances of the crafting device may have changed.

The prose for the Tailoring reaction art 'Stitching' now accurately reflects the effects of the spell.

The prose for the Metalworking art 'Anneal' now accurately reflects the effects of the spell.

Tailor made crude/shaped/tailored/pristine woven etched leather armor now properly has a wisdom bonus instead of an intelligence bonus.

The recipes for the Ornate Cambric Rug and the Horned Leather Rug now require a loom rather than a woodworking table as other rugs.

The recipe for the Xegonite Wall Sconce now requires the use of a forge rather than a woodworking table as the other sconces do.

Level 60 sage recipes in the volume 59 books for priest apprentice spells will now properly use 51-60 components/fuel instead of 61-70.

Level 60 sage recipes in the volume 59 books for priest adept spells will now properly use 51-60 components/fuel instead of 61-70.

Level 60 sage recipes in the volume 59 books for mage apprentice spells will now properly use 51-60 components/fuel instead of 61-70.

Level 60 sage recipes in the volume 59 books for mage adept spells will now properly use 51-60 components/fuel instead of 61-70.

Level 60 jeweler recipes in the volume 59 books for scout apprentice spells will now properly use 51-60 components/fuel instead of 61-70.

Level 60 jeweler recipes in the volume 59 books for scout adept spells will now properly use 51-60 components/fuel instead of 61-70.

Level 60 alchemist recipes in the volume 59 books for fighter apprentice spells will now properly use 51-60 components/fuel instead of 61-70.

Level 60 alchemist recipes in the volume 59 books for fighter adept spells will now properly use 51-60 components/fuel instead of 61-70.

Fixed an issue where level 60 fighter spells created by alchemists wouldn't properly return their rare components if the product was slagged.

Carpenter recipes which incorrectly stated that they needed a sawhorse now correctly say that they require a woodworking table.

Advanced carpenter recipes for vendor recipes should now show their products as mastercrafted.

Artisan essentials recipes through Carpenter essential recipes (1 to 70) should now show their products as Handcrafted.

Slightly increased the initial damage on Flickering Molten Bindings.

Reduced the damage over time on the Sparkling Molten Bindings to be more in line with the other heat damage bindings.

Foresting in the Pillars of Flame will return the correct number of items gathered to the chat box.

The tradeskilled cobalt hearths were renamed 'ashen hearths' to avoid confusion with needing cobalt clusters in their creation. (Yeah, I know, I should have changed this for these things going into GU31, but I just didn't catch it in time. =/)

Tradeskill created Xegonite idols will now properly be equippable at level 62 instead of 67.

All 1% tradeskill success modifications created through tinkering are now usable at level 20 instead of a range from 2 to 20. This will not impact characters who have the items, as to equip them, the character previously already needed to have the tradeskill class. This change, along with the two below should create a more level playing field for tradeskillers working through these levels.

All 2% tradeskill success modifications created through tinkering are now usable at level 33 instead of a range from 33 to 41.

All 3% tradeskill success modifications created through tinkering are now usable at level 54 instead of a range from 59 to 68.

The level 28 alchemist recipes (apprentice & adept) Essence of Barrage are now named Essence of Berserker Barrage to properly reflect the combat art they make.

The 59 jeweler normal & rush order writs 'My Precious!' now display the proper icon for the nacre orb.

The Apprentice Blueprints 0.001 recipe scroll now has a slightly better progression for new tinkerers. The recipes inside the blueprint pack were all slightly reduced in level so that new tinkerers will have a recipe to create that doesn't start out at 'Very Hard'.

The tradeskill tutors for the Seeking a Profession IX quest will now properly tell players that they will need a Fashioned Lead Hoop instead of a malachite ring.

This is obviously a partial list, mostly just things I've hit since my last update. Things I'm currently working on getting ready for you guys (and gals!) in GU32, but aren't done yet:

Adding mystics/defilers to tradeskilled tridents. (See, just because it's something that's a wishlist item doesn't mean it's something that won't get done!)

Addressing the poor stats on tradeskilled tridents.

Adding some love for high end tradeskillers. More on this as it gets out onto test. I'll probably enlist a couple people to take a look at these on Test, but please don't send me PMs about it.

Quadrupling the number of arrows created by tradeskill recipes for them. (Not just arrows, but also thrown items!) The new numbers will look like 25/50/75/100 arrows/objects depending on success.
    **edited the 99 arrows to 100 as per a lower posting**

Bumping up stats on tradeskilled arrows, and making them a wee bit more obvious as to their functionality.
    Hoping to get arrows to display their stats for GU32, but we'll have to see on that.

The rounded (field point) arrows will have better range and accuracy, but poorer damage.
    The bodkin (broadhead) arrows will have higher damage, but lower accuracy and range.
    The standard arrows will be a balanced mix of all three.

Storebought arrows will come down in stats, probably ending up at about 3/4ths as good as the tradeskilled standard arrows.

Anywho, that's about it for right now. Back to work I go!

Oh, one more thing -

I'm planning on making imbued tradeskill items adornable, as well as the rewards for the Qeynos claymore, Godking & Prismatic quest rewards. This will not apply to any weapon which can transform (example: the Godking halberd), because transforming the weapon would destroy the adornment, and that's not something we can address right now.

GU32 Udates added in here
    Crude, shaped & worked versions of the Tailored Tranquil Dragon's Breath Slippers now have the appropriate divine resist
    The pristine tailored tranquil dragon's breath blouse, shawl, pantaloons, mitts, cuffs, and cap should all now have the correct amount of divine resistance
    'Environmental' is now spelled properly in the following items (and their effect text): Worn Arcane/Elemental/Noxious Environmental Suits, and the Full Body Arcane/Elemental/Noxious Environmental Suits.
    The worked version of the halasian boiling pot will now properly show the Handcrafted tag.
    All 1% tradeskill success modification items created through tinkering are now usable at level 20 instead of a range from 2 to 20. This will not impact characters who have the items, as to equip them, the character previously already needed to have the tradeskill class. This change, along with the two below should create a more level playing field for tradeskillers working through these levels.
    All 2% tradeskill success modification items created through tinkering are now usable at level 33 instead of a range from 33 to 41.
    All 3% tradeskill success modification items created through tinkering are now usable at level 54 instead of a range from 59 to 68.
    Tradeskill created Xegonite idols will now properly be equippable at level 62 instead of 67.
    Tradeskill hearths now have appropriate sounds when lit.
    The River Rock, Ashen and Sandstone hearths now all properly carry the 'Handcrafted' tag.
    The portable tradeskill devices may now all be used at level 41, rather than a range of levels from 41 to 47.
    Fixed a typo in the description for the Elaborate Stove & Keg prose.
    Tinkering summoned tradeskill devices will now properly face players. In some cases, the appearances of the crafting device may have changed
    General:
    The merchants Newman Hines and Garfa Gillgrinder will now properly sell incense for new crafters going through the tutorial.
    You will now get a failure message if you do not attempt to counter a tradeskill event.
    Numerous corpse items that claimed to be useable in crafting have had their description changed to remove this legacy data.
    You should now see an interrupted message when you move while transmuting.
    The tradeskilled cobalt hearths were renamed 'ashen hearths' to avoid confusion with needing cobalt clusters in their creation.
    Commisioned Work:
    If a lore component is required for a recipe then the character commissioning work must provide it.
    Recipes:
    The level 28 alchemist recipes (apprentice & adept) Essence of Barrage are now named Essence of Berserker Barrage to properly reflect the combat art they make.
    Fixed an issue where level 60 fighter spells created by alchemists wouldn't properly return their rare components if combine completely failed.
    The recipe for Elddar's Grasp is now correctly flagged as a level 64 recipe.
    Level 60 sage recipes in the volume 59 books for priest apprentice spells will now properly use 51-60 components/fuel instead of 61-70.
    Level 60 sage recipes in the volume 59 books for priest adept spells will now properly use 51-60 components/fuel instead of 61-70.
    Level 60 sage recipes in the volume 59 books for mage apprentice spells will now properly use 51-60 components/fuel instead of 61-70.
    Level 60 sage recipes in the volume 59 books for mage adept spells will now properly use 51-60 components/fuel instead of 61-70.
    Level 60 jeweler recipes in the volume 59 books for scout apprentice spells will now properly use 51-60 components/fuel instead of 61-70.
    Level 60 jeweler recipes in the volume 59 books for scout adept spells will now properly use 51-60 components/fuel instead of 61-70.
    Level 60 alchemist recipes in the volume 59 books for fighter apprentice spells will now properly use 51-60 components/fuel instead of 61-70.
    Level 60 alchemist recipes in the volume 59 books for fighter adept spells will now properly use 51-60 components/fuel instead of 61-70.
    The recipe for the Xegonite Wall Sconce now requires the use of a forge rather than a woodworking table as the other sconces do.
    The prose for the Metalworking art 'Anneal' now accurately reflects the effects of the spell.
    The prose for the Tailoring reaction art 'Stitching' now accurately reflects the effects of the spell.
    Tailor made crude/shaped/tailored/pristine woven etched leather armor now properly has a wisdom bonus instead of an intelligence bonus.
    The recipes for the Ornate Cambric Rug and the Horned Leather Rug now require a loom rather than a woodworking table as other rugs.
    'Old Fashioned Dwarven Wire' now has an appropriate description.
    The recipe for cambric rugs now requires the use of a sewing table (or loom, if you prefer) rather than a woodworking table.
    The recipe for Amplify (Adept III) now correctly calls for copper instead of lapis lazuli.
    Recipe Books & Scrolls:
    The Apprentice Blueprints 0.001 recipe scroll now has a slightly better progression for new tinkerers. The recipes inside the blueprint pack were all slightly reduced in level so that new tinkerers will have a recipe to create that doesn't start out at 'Very Hard'.
    The recipe for Minor Lucid will now properly show up in the level 4 artisan books instead of the level 3 books.
    Woodworker Essentials volume 24 now contains recipes for cold, disease, divine, magic, poison and mental imbued ash wands.
    Advanced Woodworker volume 25 now contains recipes for disease, divine, heat and magic imbued fir wands.
    Writs:
    The 59 jeweler normal & rush order writs 'My Precious!' now display the proper icon for the nacre orb.
    Woodworker tradeskill writs which previously called for 150 arrows or thrown items now call for 600. This is the same number of pristine combines as before the recipe change. Where applicable, the writs also reflect the correct new name of the arrow type (broadhead or field point).
    Woodworker tradeskill rush-order writs which previously called for 75 arrows or thrown items now call for 300. This is the same number of pristine combines as before the recipe change. Where applicable, the writs also reflect the correct new name of the arrow type (broadhead or field point).
    Fixed a typo in the 'A Little Rusty' & 'A Little Rusty (Rush Order)' tradeskill writs.
    Ammo:
    All store-bought ammunition now has a max stack size of 100. Previously it fluctuated between 99 & 100 depending on level.
    All tradeskilled ammunition now has a max stack size of 100. Previously it fluctuated between 99 & 100 depending on level.
    All tradeskilled ammunition recipes award 25, 50, 75, or 100 items depending on the tradeskill success.
    All tradeskilled ammunition should correctly show up as 'HANDCRAFTED' rather than 'UNCOMMON'.
    Specific to arrows, the following changes have been made:
    Store-bought arrows have the lowest damage potential, range and accuracy.
    Ranger summoned arrows have mid-line damage potential, range and accuracy - these arrows have not changed from their current state on live.
    Tradeskilled arrows now have the following properties:
    Broadhead arrows: High damage, low range, low accuracy, slashing damage type. (These arrows were formerly known as hunting arrows.)
    Bodkin arrows: Medium damage, medium range, medium accuracy, piercing damage type.
    Field point arrows: Low damage, high range, high accuracy, crushing damage type. (These arrows were formerly known as rounded arrows.)
    *** Adornments ***
    No tradeskilled or store-bought ammunition may be adorned. All tradeskilled arrows should now have the ORNATE flag to reflect this.
    The initial damage on Flickering Molten Bindings has been slightly increased.
    Reduced the damage over time on the Sparkling Molten Bindings to be more in line with the other heat damage bindings.
    The effect on the 'Xxxx of the Magi' adornments will now properly state 'Xxxx of the Magi' rather than 'Xxxx of the Pontiff'.
    Fixed an issue that was preventing adornments with procs triggered on casting from working.
    Tradeskill Related Quests:
    If a character deletes (accidentally or otherwise) any of the 'Seeking a Profession' (II to IX) tradeskill quests, they can now return to the questgiver and continue with their progress again.
    The quest 'Seeking a Profession IV' now requires a level 3 scroll be scribed (Light Strike) to match the quest level, rather than the level 5 scroll, Arcane Bindings.
    The tradeskill tutors for the Seeking a Profession IX quest will now properly tell players that they will need a Fashioned Lead Hoop instead of a malachite ring.
    *** Zones ***
    Emerald Halls:
    Rare Tradeskill recipes can now be found in Emerald Halls.
  2. ARCHIVED-Ilucide Guest

[hr]An update to this list of things that I said I was going to be working on for GU32: all of the above are done (including some cool new things for really high-end tradeskillers), save for the adornments on imbued items and some of the KoS quest rewards. That, I'm just putting the finishing touches on now. -Ilu
  3. ARCHIVED-Shonshazzitt Guest

Thanks for the quick reply Ilucide :thumbup:
  4. ARCHIVED-slyfer Guest

Do tell
  5. ARCHIVED-Shonshazzitt Guest

[p] Any hints on this ?? hehe [/p][p]If i didnt ask, someone would have :mrgreen:[/p]
  6. ARCHIVED-Didi Guest

I thought that meant Illucide ... he's the coolest new thing to come to tradeskills since Frizznik left! :D
  7. ARCHIVED-Ookami-san Guest

[p]Those changes sound good. I don't suppose you're going to completely revamp the weaponsmithing system so our weapons will actually be a) useful, b) wanted and c) sellable?[/p][p]After all, it's hard to be a TRADEskiller... if no one wants to TRADE you for your wares. Right now, treasured weapons sell for less and have better DR than Mastercrafted.... VERY sad. =([/p][p] [/p][p][/p]
  8. ARCHIVED-arieste Guest

ALL the rewards (Fitz Protector, etc) or just the final quest rewards (Arm of Errolisi, etc)?
  9. ARCHIVED-DeathRider69 Guest

WOOT!! I am jazzed on the arrows! Never had a lot of success spending hours grinding just to get 300-500 for my zerker to carry along not to mention the assassin. Plus they just were not selling too well since there was no fixed description of exacly what they did, so often people would not buy then unless the price, including broker fees, were below that of the vendors. If these new arrows (much promised a long time back), actaully have the stats on them for comparison I can really see the love for the woodworkers here. We really need it with the lack of new recipes per level these days. I can acutally see that a market for the arrows would pop right up if they were worth the crafting time and quantities produced. Look forward to seeing this in the GU32 update notes soon!
  10. ARCHIVED-Giland Guest

I thought I remembered a post saying that arrow stacks would all go to 100 since for different types there were different max totals per stack. Then a follow up that 100 would be the tradeskill pristine combine.
  11. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

You remember correctly. Ilucide is normalizing them all to 100 per stack, 100 on Pristine.
  12. ARCHIVED-Brigh Guest

What about allowing HQ items to be adornable, with a warning box to pop up if you want to place it in your room, thus transforming it and destroying the adornment? People wear jboots and FBSS for so long and refuse to wear other things but can't adorn these slots.
  13. ARCHIVED-Bratface Guest

Ok, this is what I don't get... "Level 60 sage recipes in the volume 59 books for priest apprentice spells will now properly use 51-60 components/fuel instead of 61-70." I have a 70 sage, in her level 59 books she has level 60 recipes, since that was an old level cap of course, but my question is about the fuels, I can understand not moving them to a level 60 recipe book, but I don't see the fuel tiers working correctly in this statement. Level 50 to 59 is T6 (used to be up to level 60 before the level cap raise and accordant changes), level 60 to 70 is now T7, so why use a T6 fuel for a T7 recipe? All the other tiers start at x0 and continue to x9, except for the levels where caps were raised but that was fixed I thought. I'm just confused about this.
  14. ARCHIVED-rejester45 Guest

[p]Lots of changes. Lots of good changes. Our new Dev is really cleaning house and deserves a big thanx.[/p][p][size="xx-large"]Thanx[/size][/p][p] [/p][p][size="x-small"]P.S. Still wondering what the changes for high end crafters are going to be.[/size][/p][p] [/p]
  15. ARCHIVED-KohlDL Guest

[p]I was wondering if anyone knew if Woodworkers were going to get recipes for Shurikens now that thrown weapons are being fixed. Currently only T7 shurikens are available to be player made. Does anyone know?[/p][p]As a Ranger and a Woodworker I'm really jazzed about the arrow changes![/p]
  16. ARCHIVED-Brigh Guest

What is the deal with stilts being nerfed yet again on Test? What is wrong with using them while on a horse? Most people don't run around on foot once they get a carpet or a horse.
  17. ARCHIVED-Fortai Guest

This is from the update notes, this might be what he means: Rare Tradeskill recipes can now be found in Emerald Halls. Not sure I'm clear on what this means though. Are these new recipies, or just the old advanced volumes? Hopefully they are new, I don't see what use players in Emerald Halls would have from Advanced Volumes.
  18. ARCHIVED-Ilucide Guest

Those would be new recipes. ;)
  19. ARCHIVED-Ilucide Guest

Unfortunately, as nice as that would be, it would be an absolute nightmare for our folks in customer service. No warning, no matter how large, and in-your-face-obnoxious would stave off the number of converted and destroyed adornments on accident. It's not the best answer, but it's the one I have. Unfortunately we don't exist in a vacuum of perfection where people don't make mistakes. (Or maybe that's fortunate - not unfortunate, because oh what a boring world that would be!) -Ilu
  20. ARCHIVED-rejester45 Guest

[p]Where are the emerald halls at?[/p][p]Amud 39brig/64alchemist[/p][p]Teace 26assassin/52woodworker [/p]