GU122 Bugs and Not-Bugs

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Denmum, Apr 13, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Denmum Developer

A few things snuck in with GU122, and I wanted to let players know about short-term workarounds for them:

NOT-BUG: "D.I.R.T.Y. Jobs - Artifacts" - You receive a bag in inventory called "Bag of Elddar Soil - unpack me!" Unpack it, really! There's no need for you to go out and do the dance of death again amongst the mobs to get soil when all those D.I.R.T.Y. Workers have been digging up things left, right and sideways. :) Not a bug, working as intended, and not something I plan on changing. Checking your chat for messages on quest items granted should be something everyone is able to do when they suddenly realize they are missing something. This is not the only mission or quest in this line where you have to unpack things, so it is a good thing to remember.

BUG: Mission "D.I.R.T.Y. Jobs - The Right Tools" - Craft the shovels before the pickaxes! Otherwise the pickaxe completion deletes all your components even if you are not done. I'm sorry, this one is my oops, and it is being fixed, but not until the next hotfix. I can't get that quest working on the fly. Delete the mission, obtain it again, and craft them in the proper order. Caith is trying to convince my crate of broken tools to drop into the instance without a patch. If it works, there will also be a crate to the left of the crafting station where you can obtain another bag of broken tools when you are on this mission.

BUG (help needed, read step 5): Tradeskill equipment is being randomly odd. If you target a station and recipes for the wrong station come up, or the recipe that "should" be there isn't coming up:
    1. untarget the crafting station but stay standing next to i
    2. use N to open your recipe book
    3. find the recipe that you want to make select it
    4. start crafting from there, without clicking on the crafting station
    5. REPORT THE BUG IN THE BUG THREAD (bug thread link) AND upvote the first post in that thread so it gets more priority from the coders.
    We've not figured out the reason for the oddness yet, nor have we been able to reliably reproduce it despite many creative contortions by yours truly. (And trust me, I tried a lot of different things!)
    Quillyne, Geroblue, Twyla and 3 others like this.
  2. Denmum Developer

Additional bugs:

The two Sparking Innovative rings are currently only fitting on the left hand, which means you cannot wear one of each. This is fixed with the next hotfix.

The Sparking Innovative Censer and Sparking Innovative Pouch cannot be equipped and are fixed with the next hotfix.
    Jinksie, Cyliena, Twyla and 1 other person like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.