GU109 Eye Candy?!

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Niami DenMother, Mar 2, 2019.

1. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

GU109 will go live on Saturday, March 16. Things are still being tweaked and updated, and will be right up until launch time, but I am able to get you some first glimpses of the crafting goodness involved. First comes the GU109 Mischief and Mayhem Quick Overview. Then comes the (still in-progress) Mischief Managed quest overview that also contains more details about the new public tradeskill assistants. Last, but most definitely not least comes what GU109 Furniture that we have seen so far (there will be more incoming as the beta progresses.) Enjoy! Once the beta server is back up (ETA Monday night, at the earliest), I will be working on adding more information.
  2. Febrith Well-Known Member

Thank you for the preview /excited! <3
  3. Kasa Well-Known Member

Thank you Mum, fantastic job!
  4. Xianthia Well-Known Member

Wonderful write up! Thank you for the eye candy :)
  5. Alyndrys Well-Known Member

Thank you, thank you Denmum ! Happy about the new quests , I love harvesting and the new furniture :)
  6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Niama... that Beam of Light: can it be used as an "uplight" or "spotlight"? Or does it not actually illuminate?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  7. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

speaking of the Beam of Light,.. any possibility it could also be offered(found?)[crafted?] in yellow?
    how cool would sun light beams through the clouds be?! :D
  8. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I know someone that will be really happy about that beam of light, curtain/rope, and rope.
  9. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

Now are these all bought or are some recipes from a vendor? Or are they quested recipes? I see a lot of buyable stuff unless I am blind.
  10. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

(( I really don't like the idea of "unlocking" ???? recipes . . . Not a fan. I hope it's not tediously hard. I don't understand any of this at all))
  11. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

It's a group effort, like building the wizard spires and druid rings was. Everyone on the server gets to do little daily tradeskill quests, earning coin. As people research, the NPC slowly levels up and "unlocks" things you can make or can buy with hte coin you got from doing the dailies.
    Alyndrys, Febrith, Cyrrena and 4 others like this.
  12. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Once you do the initial quest series to unlock it for your account, which is really easy, the requisitions are not any worse than the daily crafting missions from Myrist. They're actually slightly easier, since you can choose which zone you want to harvest in, and get all 4 different requisitions done together.
    Alyndrys, Febrith, Cyrrena and 3 others like this.
  13. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure it illuminates, but it had placement issues for the first couple beta patches, so I've not played with it much other than making sure it properly places now. Once they rebuild beta tomorrow (it's going to take about 8 hours, give or take, to rebuild the client), I can poke at it to be sure. (Kasa, Tock, Mirt or Leucosia may have confirmation as well, but if not, I'll be poking at it tomorrow night or Tuesday.)
  14. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Sorry if it seemed unclear to you, but everything in the "Research" section (those first four groupings, each of 11 pics) are the researched recipes. What was bought outright was that smaller last grouping. So yes, you were mis-seeing. :D That's 44 recipe unlocks, plus a small chunk of purchased, and, as I said in more than one spot, this isn't all of it. There is still more being added in the next 2 weeks.
  15. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

Ok thanks Sig. . . . I never did any of the Spires ones or anything so I am not familiar with doing that. But that does clear it up a bit. So essentially. . . there will not be any "vendor recipes" . . . they are all unlocked with these quests so if you don't do the quests . . NO reciepes?
  16. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

The unlocking is collectively done by all the folks on the server. If YOU want some of the recipes/house items, you will need to do some of the daily quests to get the appropriate coin.
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

But once they're unlocked, then anyone can do the dailies to get the recipes? It's not like that accursed elemental invasion World Event in 2015, where you had to hope and pray that if you weren't able to do that yourself, that the recipe books were available on the Broker for thousands of plat? :-/

Uwk
    who still seethes in hatred over that one
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Right now, it's moons-light through the clouds! :D

Uwk
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

And will the fifth vendor for the Vendor Items section actually stick around after the GU "wears off/goes away"? :-/

Uwk
    who hopes Barrius Nam'terin will be like the pandas for the Days of Summer event :)
  20. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

You do the requisitions (which can be done more than once a day) to earn the currency to buy the (charged) recipes. When and how often you do those requisitions is totally up to you. This is a permanent addition to the game. It will take quite a while for us to churn through allll the research, but as recipes are unlocked by the research, they're there. No time limits, no worry about "must do now or miss out", etc.

See above - this isn't an event (i.e., limited time offering), this is a full-fledged game update (GU). They'll be permanent.

Whenever you do them, you will need to do the quest line first to unlock access to the Anchorage, then can do the requisitions to help whatever current research is going on, and to have currency for your shopping. :D