GU106: Seeds of Vengeance Arrives May 24th!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roxxlyy, May 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Probe One Member

The Discord notes has subscription coins received at x2 (second note), but has no equivalent mention of the subscription coin limit being x2. The limit being x2 for subscribers is not mentioned in the first note not second note, just 4 coins per day.

I'm hoping they clear that up in tomorrows live broadcast.
  2. Nelie Well-Known Member

I see what are you getting at now....however it just wouldn't make sense to me still. IF they capped members at 4 coins total limit (base of 2 doubled) then it would be pointless to run a 3rd and/or 4th zone. I don't think Daybreak made it that easy.
    Also, it makes the subscription bonus pointless if you cap subs at 4 total limit when FTP will be able to get 4. What would be the point of being a member/sub aside from accessing the new SoH zone?
    Probe One likes this.
  3. Furycai Member

They have stated that expert zones are for members only.
    Rosyposy and Probe One like this.
  4. Anglish New Member

I too want to see the stats without having to mouse over. I can imagine what a chore it will be, looking on the broker and having to mouse over each items stats. Just don't see how this made anything better.
    Mermut likes this.
  5. knine Well-Known Member

So my healer that has 698 resolve is getting blasted in these here expert zones.. for the love of god i'm 90 resolve over lol.. over kill much
  6. Revanu Well-Known Member

7. Benj Well-Known Member

After some trial and error last night, I think I figured out what they mean by the coins. My guild ran 5 zones last night. The first zone was an Expert, and we each got 2 coins (we're all subscribers). The next zone was a regular heroic, and we each got 2 coins. We ran another regular heroic. Some of us got the notification of more coins, but didn't actually receive any. We then ran another Expert and each got 2 more coins. Finally, we ran an Expert where we didn't have the mission quest, and we did not get any coins.

In conclusion, each character may earn coins from up to 1 regular heroic AND up to 3 expert heroics every day. That makes 4 coins per day for F2P and 8 coins per day for subscribers. You also need to complete the mission quest in order to get these coins. This is similar to last year's ethereal event with the quest requirement and coin limit. The primary difference is that last year's event let you mix-and-match heroics and experts to your liking. This year, running experts only will not maximize your coins.
  8. knine Well-Known Member

Thanks for highlghting in red for me that its an expert zone, since i wrote the original post, pretty sure i realized that, but thanks. Since resolve for t2 is only 608 and i have 698 with about 50ish million HP, pretty sure i ahoulsnt be getting smacked around as if im under resolve. Last expac they had over tweaked the experts and im just thinking they have them slightly overtweaked. Especially as a shaman i shouldnt be getting straight up one shotted by these mobs lol. Maybe wards got jacked up again. Will have to see my parser i guess
  9. Doomravin Well-Known Member

I'm in kind of two minds about the expert zones atm - I haven't tried the t2s yet so can't comment there

I think the expert zones in t1 at least are well done - the trash mobs are reasonable and not loaded with tons of hitpoints, and the t1 names are mostly just that extra bit tougher, so the zones are running at a decent speed.

There are some balancing issues - Gaukr Sandstorm I'm looking at you - and the loot you get isn't exactly up to the level of the gear my guildies use to do them, but they're definitely not anywhere near as bad as we in Eden were thinking they were going to be

A slightly more challenging version of current heroics with tougher names is good, since the heroics are definitely rather good and have been the highlight of the expac for me

However, my problem with the expert zones is we've been doing the same zones and mobs for 6 months now. It gets dull and loses it's shine, no matter how good it is in the first place

Personally I, and I think many others, were hoping for a lot more meat on the bone with this game update. Two or three heroics even if fabled reskins would have done very nicely indeed. Heck with it, using current zone art with a different mob setup on names and trash and giving us something new to think about would have been enough. Sad to say, I don't think one extra zone cuts it
    Sigma7 likes this.
  10. Tkia Well-Known Member

No, transmuting now gets listed with the harvesting skills but I think it's missing from that set too.
    Rosyposy likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.