GU 66 disappointed that Mercs were not addressed

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Karpov, Apr 2, 2013.

1. Karpov Member

Nothing about mercs in pvp? As stated they are great in pve and we love them but in PVP they are reducing player enjoyment and should be addressed one way or the other.

If mercs were allowed in GBs they resulting crys would be addressed but as they are allowed only in OW pvp SOE says nothing to the customers that play on naggy. Manny suggestions have been made but not one person in SOE can say they will do something or nothing? GU66 was the perfect time to address mercs in pvp.
  2. Ecno Well-Known Member

Its not over yet, there is still plenty of time for them to make changes... now is the time to post feedback and push certain points for balancing.

It has been a long time coming and it has definitely been asked for MULTIPLE times.,. so many times its absurd that we are still asking for such a simple change that has HUGE effect on PVP.

My suggestions in order of favorite to least favorite...

#1 Make mercenaries auto disable/depop when any PVP dmg is received...

#2 Make mercenaries auto engage their owner if any PVP dmg is dealt to them or if they heal any DMG that was dealt by PVP

#3 Make mercenaries stand their and do nothing during PVP combat... and do not let them heal any PVP dmg that is dealt to themselves or their players/owners.

There is a great thread in the PVP section concerning this very subject with multiple posts agreeing and good feedback/suggestions on the issue.

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...ies-either-removed-or-put-you-in-combat.3908/
  3. Plavem Active Member

This is kinda dumb.

I feel like if they decide to do any of the suggestions you introduce, then maybe we shouldn't be allowed to take pvp damage while engaged with another mob at all. It really stinks when you are out questing with a merc, or harvesting and someone comes up and kills you. Very few people wait for it to be a fair fight.

But then again you are more than likely one of the people who wait for someone to engage with a mob before you attack them. Which makes sense why you would want mercs to be disabled. Easy kills? Lol. Whatever man. I think its fair the way it currently is. At least the merc gives people a fighting chance, when people like you sit there and wait for someone to engage a mob before attacking.

Hopefully SoE doesn't listen to the few who complain about mercs in pvp.
  4. Javos Member

First off, you're on a PvP server, so yes, people will attack you in the wild while you are questing. If you don't want that to happen, go to a PvE server instead. Next, the problem that most people have with mercs in PvP is that they have their own rule-set regarding PvP, and it is way different than a players rule-set. If they want to keep mercs in PvP, they should at least make them follow a similar rule-set as players. They could beef them up a little bit and make them count toward writs updates if that were the case. If I cure a DoT or root that was from PvP combat, guess what, it puts me in PvP combat. If I heal damage that was caused by PvP, it puts me in PvP combat. The mercs don't follow these simple rules. And even if it did put the merc in PvP combat, and you kill the merc, what's the point, no update as it currently is and the merc owner will just keep running around untill they can pop the merc again. The easiest fix is probably to disable them during PvP combat, which is my personal preference anyway. Anything else would require some major re-working of merc's altogether, in regards to PvP.
    Just my 2 cents.
  5. Karpov Member

The update notes says some of the changes were in response to player input... but nothing was done with mercs. As Ecno said (corrected slightly):

#1 Make mercenaries auto disable/depop when any PVP dmg is received...

#2 Make mercenaries stand their and do nothing during PVP combat... and do not let them heal any PVP dmg that is dealt to themselves or their players/owners.

#3 Make mercenaries auto engage their owner if any PVP dmg is dealt to them or if they heal any DMG that was dealt by PVP

As far as complaints about getting put in pvp combat when pve'ing.. it is a pvp server. It is one of the thrills of being on a pvp server. If you dislike it go to a blue server and do BGs when you are not out questing.
  6. Cyliena Well-Known Member

7. latomier Member

I find it amusing the only people crying about mercs are the ones who never leave the guild hall without a stacked group or trio of buddies, the only reason you guys are upset over mercs is because they allow a solo player to get away from your full groups. The mercs literally die in 2 hits, they have 0 toughness and go down crazy easy, not to mention its something everyone can use, cause you choose not to is your own fault, just like if a player chose to not use POTs, or Heal Stone etc etc..
  8. latomier Member

But yes i do agree that Mercs do need tweaking in lower tiers, their dmg is crazy at those lvl, but at lvl 95 they are a joke
  9. Slant Well-Known Member

Perfect example. a 45 merc smacking a lvl 48 player for roughly double his total HP