GU 61 stuff on test

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-Bremer, Aug 5, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Jopi Guest

I still wish they would add some sort of protection on a 2hd weapon.
    Think about....Take the reversal AA off the warrior tree completely. Add an AA to the zerker tree, for when a Zerk uses a 2hd weapon, 1 AA point = 500 protection ( 5 AA = decent protection like a tower shield )
    Not a really great " Zerk Perk " , but at least something no other class would have.
    I use 2hd more, cause I get a 3-4k dps more then DW. Thats just me.
    Flame away or nuke the idea, just adding my NooBish info
    Also wanted to add, that AA...increase the speed or damage of the weapon.
  2. ARCHIVED-ZUES Guest

Jopi wrote:
    Actually I think it's a good idea.
    My pet peeve with this class is dps spikes from mages and scouts ripping agro. I will be 100 on the threat meter and someone else at 8... then BAM I'm at 70. This wipes the raid if not scooped up in time. We only have so many snaps! Please give us a huge boost of DPs to hold agro with or add threat to all of our CA's.
  3. ARCHIVED-circusgirl Guest

Talathion@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    They moved the MA cap to 600, as a fighter you shouldn't be reaching that unless you're in full hardmode gear with a stacked group.
  4. ARCHIVED-Bremer Guest

Did they change anything with the crit bonus numbers on Rampage/Open Wounds going from Test to live servers? Rampage is 1 crit bonus/lvl, Open Wounds 1.5/lvl. I could swear that it was two times the amount while it was on Test.
  5. ARCHIVED-Berendor Guest

They destroy the zerker with each nerf....

It's hard to tank with an zerker at raid at the moment.
    I hope they will balance the tanks soon and also see what tank classes are OP.
  6. ARCHIVED-Soul_Dreamer Guest

Jopi wrote:
    You want a 2 hander to act like a tower shield and keep all the DPS benefits of it still, while giving a minor nerf to Guardians? That about sum that up?
    Asking for OP abilties more than likely won't happen.
  7. ARCHIVED-InsaneChaosMarine Guest

Soul_Dreamer wrote:
    This isn't the guardian forums.
  8. ARCHIVED-Bremer Guest

Soul_Dreamer wrote:
    Yeah, that would be liking Brawlers having the best avoidance while dual wielding or Crusaders getting an autoattack bonus for wearing a shield, noone would ever come up with such silly ideas :)
  9. ARCHIVED-InsaneChaosMarine Guest

Bremer wrote:
    I'd Rather Two Hander's Increased your Damage Reduction for Warriors, or Get a Bonus to Autoattack for using a Two hander as a warrior.
  10. ARCHIVED-Soul_Dreamer Guest

Talathion@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Do it yourself then, no one wants you in any forum, let along the Guard forums on Flames or Here.

@Bremer, the idea is just stupidly OP and I've always said Knights Stance is as well, it was bandaid so they didn't have to use a 2 hander with Mythicals.
  11. ARCHIVED-LygerT Guest

Soul_Dreamer wrote:
    i must have missed the part where it would be a nerf to guardians. at any rate, following physics in a game that defies it in just about every way isn't going to get you anywhere. as mentioned brawlers do not use a shield yet can avoid more damage in leather than plate classes can absorb through thick armor, as if that makes sense. sure they should be able to dodge hits more often but take more damage, but that isn't even the case.
    so why not? i mean it's obvious that zerks almost need to be offensive to maintain aggro, the defensive stance offers almost no benefit so we're shoehorned here...... have you ever even played the class before? if not, why are you here.
  12. ARCHIVED-InsaneChaosMarine Guest

Which is why my def stance is apprentice I.
  13. ARCHIVED-Soul_Dreamer Guest

Lyger@Permafrost wrote:
    How is removing an AA ability from Warriors and then giving something to Zerks and nothing to Guardians not a nerf?
    Yes I've played Zerker and Guards have to be in offensive stance as well to hold hate, always have had. Brawlers are OP at the moment, asking for Zerkers to be as well won't fix anything.
    I mean Seriously, you're asking for an AA that lets you use a 2 hander and still have the avoidance of a tower shield. I don't understand how you can see this as anything but OP.
  14. ARCHIVED-Bremer Guest

Why is removing the reversal AA a nerf to Guardians? The spell is crap like 90 % of the Warrior tree. How is giving something to Berserkers (a class that is not fine) and not to Guardians (a class that is more or less fine) a nerf to Guardians? Why is combining avoidance with offensive OP, when 2/3 of Fighters allready have that (and Warriors had it as well with the Buckler Line before SOE screwed it up with the Guardian mythical buff)?

I'm not saying that SOE should give this to Berserkers, but it is hardly absurd or OP and at least it is more originally and sounds like more fun than the stuff SOE has given to Berserkers since KoS (with the Buckler Line).
  15. ARCHIVED-Boli32 Guest

I suggested long ago... like in RoK that zerkers should have a buff which gives them an uncontested and pernament 20% parry chance whilst dual weilding. So they would have an option between 20% Parry or 40% block depedning if they wanted to DW or use a tower shield.
    Similar to defensive minded on the guardian TSO endline, without the reuse/casting speed bonus and up all the time; but *no* fix should ever come where it is stolen from another class reguardless of how good or bad it is.
  16. ARCHIVED-InsaneChaosMarine Guest

They should change the wisdom line: The One Nobody uses.

Change it to a Line that Gives Auto-Attack Modifier when not using a Shield (1% Per),
    Damage Reduction when not using a shield (1% Per).

Change the Wisdom Endline to Add an innate +1000 Protection (scaled to level 90) to the Warrior when not using a Shield.

This way it will be like using a Round Shield all the time when you have a two-hander or are dual weilding, but it has half the protection of a Tower Shield.
  17. ARCHIVED-LygerT Guest

Soul_Dreamer wrote:
    i'll say it again, perhaps i missed it where we both share the tree, i did not read through all the thread because of a certain someone gives me a migraine trying to read through threads.
    asking for zerks to be OP? asking for a spot to be useful is not asking to be overpowered. if you think ditching reversal is going to shift the power of tanks, you are very misdirected.
    2H shouldn't do as much damage as dual wield, in most cases it doesn't still. yet it should provide slightly more "shielding" effect.

at any rate, zerks are looking for tweaks to help us find some usefulness. go play in the street if you think these are overpowered game altering ideas.
  18. ARCHIVED-Soul_Dreamer Guest

Lyger@Permafrost wrote:
    Slightly more shield effectiveness? They're asking for the avoidance of a TOWER SHIELD while holding a 2 hander!
    I didn't say it would shift the power of tanks, but why even ask for it to be removed, then extra given to Zerks, even if it doesn't do much you're still asking for a Nerf to Guardians? Incase you didn't notice, both Guardians and Zerks are warriors. The ONLY Reason Guardians are still effective is because most of our damage absorbs are stone skins and so still work with this strike through cr*p. With strike through ALL tanks are suffering except Brawlers, this is game breaking for tanking and something needs to be done.
    1. Brawlers need Stike through immunity REMOVING from their defensive stance.
    2. ALL Tanks need strike through immunity adding to their temp block/parries etc.
    3. Zerks need some help in defensive abilities still after the neutering of Adrenalin.
    4. A lowering of the obscene curves for haste/MA/DPS so the Zerker main buffs are useful OR they need to be changed. To things that don't have soft caps.
    5. Something needs to be done to AOE auto attack to make above 100% useful.
    6. AOE Raid content and not just named + 2 adds or groups of adds.
    Asking for OP abiltities won't get you far.
  19. ARCHIVED-LygerT Guest

actually i think it is totally fair, as we still somewhat seem to be deemed the offensive fighter and lacking anything as a real defensive form due to the lack of anything desirable on our defensive stance. that is what these threads are here for, to get an idea as to what we might be able to ask for. are you afraid that we might get it? hell, i don't even think it's likely. you seem to be afraid that we will be equals while wiedling a 2 hander in defensives to you with a 1 hander and tower shield, that is far from the truth.

and your idea of OP is quite exaggerated.
  20. ARCHIVED-InsaneChaosMarine Guest

I just want 1000 protection (half of a tower shield) while using two-handed weapons.

And I also want Wisdom line to do something, because right now its pretty bad.

They could change Wisdom Line to having Extra Mitigation or Damage Reduction while not using a shield, and the DPS part changed to Autoattack Modifier like so many other classes have had changed.