GU 117 - Whispers of Tyranny Beta Launches on March 17!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Mar 12, 2021.

1. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

The title says it all! But we will be opening the GU 117 Beta on March 17. The beta will be a combination of opened and closed sections, check the list below for clarification.

Raids - Invite Only, make sure your raid leader is in contact with Gninja as he sets these up.

Challenge Mode - Invite Only, Chrol will be reaching out to people to test.

Solo and Normal Heroics - Open, but must have completed the current RoS sig line to access.

Overlands - Open for class change feedback, this is testing class changes in current overlands zones.

See you on Wednesday everyone!
    Siren and Breanna like this.
  2. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Questions from Discord -

Q: How many new Heroics?
    A: 2 heroics that have the same bosses, but one is more pug/casual friendly than the other, 1 challenge zone and the challenge has separate bosses.

Q: What are the Heroic lockouts and do they share?
    A: 18 hour lockout for base heroics, 5 day for challenge, 18 hour for solo the lockouts are separate so you can run both.
    Breanna likes this.
  3. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Currently because of the timeframe I hadn't planned on it. But I will circle back with the team and let you know.
    WhysperWynde and Breanna like this.
  4. Venser Active Member

Will this GU effect TLE at all and if so how?
  5. Zeffran New Member

Can we have a detailed change list of things changing so we can test before launch?
  6. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

As far as I am aware there are no plans or intentions for the changes to affect the TLE. These are changes to higher level abilities, if that changes we will be sure to make TLE players aware.
    Breanna likes this.
  7. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

I'm confused before the launch of the beta?
  8. Zeffran New Member

I'm not sure of the confusion, as the thread title says, "GU 117 - Whispers of Tyranny Beta Launches on March 17!", yes a detailed list of things changing so we can test on beta.
  9. Agaris New Member

Your comment reads like you want to test before the launch of beta so I think the response and your clarification cleared that up.

For myself, better get going on those sigs not finished yet!
  10. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

It was unclear to me if you were asking for the change list before the launch of beta. I believe there should be a change list once beta launches yes.
    Siren, Jinksie and Breanna like this.
  11. Venser Active Member

Caith has a post for the GU with "some" updates:
    Assassin: Fatal Followup revamp/reduction.
    Beastlord: Warder ability, specialization, and AI update.
    Channeler: Adding support tools, primarily group and raid supporting buffs.
    Cleric: Primary focus is on a reactive revamp which integrates reactive heals into the class leveling process that increases the base heal amount as levels increase.
    Rogue: Mainly focused on an auto-attack and combat art increase with a light sprinkling of debuff updates.
    Bruiser: Auto-attack and combat art increase.
    Paladin: Ability Damage and Heal increase.
    Ranger: Auto-attack and combat art increase and adding additional support tools.

Some of the above changes are for stuff like auto attack, and other abilities available on TLE. Just curious if these specific changes effect TLE as well.
  12. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

I understand, and at the moment my answer is still the same. If that changes I will let TLE players know.
    Breanna likes this.
  13. kruall New Member

Will there be stuff in the GU117 for Solo Players I.E new solo zones quest .. not everyone is a Raider
  14. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

There will be new quests and a solo heroic zone.
    Jinksie, Breanna and Schmetterling like this.
  15. gilliax Member

Seems to me one would balance classes and then test new content how do you do both at the same time ?
  16. Melt Actually plays the game

The best kind of heroic!
  17. Hellfiren Well-Known Member

Hello good to hear thier will be new content, but the major question is would thier be a fix of the issuses listed in your disscussion posts // our posts and the discussion on Discort??

Thier are still some major issuses in game since Addon Start >

Deccimation from Warlock isnt instand cast able if 180 Stack reachd on Warlock, its the replace of Apocalypse, but without following its mechanic the spell is useless and we had a big waste of time killing mobs in Sol Ro.
    For Example Necros and Wizzy spell cast very short and still do insane DPS.
    Compleet Base DPS on Warlock need to be adjusted UPLevel

On Necro Shadowstep Pet to Enenmy Port is broken since Launche of ROS.

Beastlord was nerfed in DPS and the point it had to benerfed was right but what you have done was far to many now its worthles to play or have one evan you only abuse it for Powerfeed in raid.

Powerfeed Abillitys on Chanters need to be adjusted some Mobs in Raid have a powerdrain you cant cover, most of our chaters need to visit the doctor after because of bloody fingers.

Overseers still serve old Loot and level 25 isnt added too , same on Mounts and Mercs, Achief is still open but the Levels it self not.

Thier are still no Recepies for adjusted Adornments for Reuse // Castspeed // Striking ( 14Strike is a Joke if need 100 )
    Hategain only 44% for Hand slot ??

Recoveryspeed is still working in the mechanics, but its erased from Reforging same on Hategain // Strikethrought// Acurracy and AOE Attack.

Every source of reforging should be open to reforge is every stat we want and need bring back reforging as it was since ROS.

Accountflags for Looted Gear and Jewelery and Reached Levels of Mercs // Mounts // and especilay Famillijars or much more higher droprate of level Potions

Droprate of Masters // Green Addornments // Red Addornments is nearly ZERO, need to be higher and at least every Final Boss especialy in Raid should have a randoom master Scroll in Loottable.

All Red and Green Addorns Hierloom instat of No Trade same on Raid Mounts >> for example we have like 35players in Raidrooster and all of us have the mount since 2 month ago and the mounts dropping after are wasted and went to trash.

Mount Stuff should be storeable and stackable in Bank or Crafter Boxes or the PoP Crafter Stash.

No more heavy scripts or DPS Blocks in Solos if we have the power // DPS to burn stuff it should be possible to use the Power.
    Cant be the truth i need to go nacked for dont overnuke scripts or brake the other ways best exampel is the Patch of Vex Thal at launche of ROS it was fine DPS class could destroy the boss a bit weaker classes playt a part of the script was fine now this zone is not worth to do because most of us are to strong and overnuke script you cant click portals so fast as you will kiss the floor.
  18. Arclite Well-Known Member

Thought that was a straight forward question.

You give player notes before beta so they go in knowing what has changed and then can test it?

While we are at it, would we see some actual descriptions on class changes this time or Caith (or whoever does those things) is an open proponent of "ctrl+c to ctrl+v"?

By that i mean, spell name changes with "Increases Taunt amount by 50.." Are the dots at the end added as a mystery for us to solve? Not trying to be sarcastic but really would like to know what these numbers mean these days.
    Matik and Tkia like this.
  19. Vlkodlak Well-Known Member

Any thoughts of adding double status with this GU :)
  20. Beee Well-Known Member

Any thoughts of adding usefull items buyable for status ? :)