GU 115: Reignite the Flames Teaser

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Aug 5, 2020.

1. Kristabella Well-Known Member

I see I am not the only one inquiring on this subject, but will ask again, since I have not seen any reply from anyone at DBG...

Will there be ANY SOLO content at all for GU:115, ANY TS stuff? Or will this again just be for heroic and raid players? If there isn't any, it is what it is, just would like to know.
    Cassta, Rosyposy, Lateana and 2 others like this.
  2. perynn goldeneyes New Member

yes the daiku had 1 solo area. but the ethereals in order to actually level them up youare required to run group zones which i dont do.
    Cassta and Rosyposy like this.
  3. docdante Member

I dont know what u are doing but u can get resolve >3700 only soloing-u can buy gear with resolve 175 at the unlocked armour merchant, join sometimes pqs, have luck, get 190 resolve gear and weapons, use the overseer get up to 180 resolve...join sometimes funraids to get blue runes and so on...and for me, in diaku drops a lot of cloth armour...i would need plate....u can buy resolve gear 200 at the ethereals merchant and so on-a nd no it should not be possible to get soloing highendgear...no ways!
    it is possible to get that resolve values..just try
  4. Romulus Member

I think you nailed there in 2 words "have luck" ... Maybe I should work on that... Or maybe some game algorithms can change so that it's not just luck, just saying...
    Maybe we're on a different server, but when I'm on, nobody seems to be interested in public quests, apart tinkerfest, which i've been grinding hard. As for coins for the armour merchant, my highest level is a SK, and each solo instance takes between 1,5 - 3 hrs, which I may not always have time for. Which takes me back to my initial point, if I'd have better gear, it wouldn't take this long. I have created a new DPS toon, just so I can do them more quickly, but in my opinion that's not the way to play the game. And for you to be telling me to "just try", it's quite clear you're missing the point of what I'm saying. You can have a different opinion about the game, and it can be different than my own, but don't insult me by saying i'm not trying!
  5. pewpew New Member

i managed to do any solo instance in less than 1h when i came back, with a solo quests geared inquisitor, so you certainly have room for improvements and it's not about gears quality.
    Snikkety likes this.
  6. Romulus Member

I wasn't talking about any solo instance, was talking about that specific one, and it's clearly gear related, because after a few item upgrades on my SK, I can now do that same instance in around 1.5 - 2 hr with minimal if any deaths. When I spend between 10-20 min killing a named, it's not a skill thing, it's just that I don't do enough damage, but that's an improvement from the first few tries, where I would spend roughly 30 min on a named.

What is clear though, is that we are veering off topic, and that topic is more Solo/Duo content, not my skills.
    Cassta, Rosyposy and Lateana like this.
  7. Zinj Well-Known Member

Died 13 times? Perhaps you need to play a monk, we know we're not invincible and tend to be a bit more circumspect about how much we pull. Let's see... First time through I died because I took too long to figure out which animals to target, once to figure out the bullride, Once because I got knocked over the cliff in the next section, and once because I got knocked into the shark tank on the last mob. And didn't use FD once.
  8. Milksteak New Member

You should not be able to get the same gear solo or even in a group as you can in a raid. Pretty much MMORPG 101 level stuff. This is especially true in a game like EQ where gear is 100% of your character progression assuming maxed out level/AA.

If you want a game where you can do everything single player there are plenty of great single player RPG titles you should look into.
    Snikkety and Sigrdrifa like this.
  9. Bludd Well-Known Member

just loot any armor and you will unlock equivalent armor usable by you at that tier and below on unlocked armor merchant in seru
  10. docdante Member

sorry, i did not want to insult you.
    and i know that diaku can be quite tough for some classes not having good gear...
    if u are romulustiberius on thurgadin....have a good look at your AAs....u wont survive with 62kk health...put 8 points in enhanced vigor...prestige sk...reforge your gear, infusing is your friend...-ask other sks-
    ask other players to help u, they will do that...
  11. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

So how do we get to participate in the Beta for Reignite the Flames? I would like to try it. Beta participation is a good idea, it gets you very interested in the real thing owning some real estate in the Beta.
    Cassta likes this.
  12. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Download beta and make sure the client is updated! Then you're in. If your guild is interested in raiding beta have you guild leader reach out to Gninja if they haven't already.
    Cassta and Breanna like this.
  13. parissa Well-Known Member

I'm sorry you had such a horrid time with that zone... Sounds like when I was trying to do the prequel zone and my fount of power buff wasn't activating... Which makes me wonder if maybe you had the same glitch as me... If you do try that zone again, I would check and see if your buff is kicking on like it should... Just a thought... Although when that zone first came out, oh wow, my mystic took forever... I was ready to quit half way through... But the zone took pity on me, I walked away with 2 red runes from fire line... Made the tears not quite as painful
  14. parissa Well-Known Member

I loved playing in solusek eye... I thought it was such a beautiful zone with all the deep reds... Hope it has a solo zone... If not, oh well summer almost over and chaos at work should slow down a bit to where I might be able to do some grouping... The sneak peek pics are awesome... Thanks for the previews... @dreamweaver Are we gonna have a kander podcast talking about it and giving us few more little hints about the new xpac too???
  15. Cassta Well-Known Member

^^^ Absolutely right! ^^^
    Breanna likes this.
  16. Cassta Well-Known Member

Yes, thank you. It must be very difficult for you. I can not imagine having to work under these conditions. Although I am not a programmer, I know plenty of them. It is so much easier to work and create new material when other people are around and you can call out for advice, help or ideas over the top of a few cubicles. Thank you for your hard work.
    Breanna likes this.
  17. Cassta Well-Known Member

^^^ Ditto, especially last paragraph. ^^^
    Breanna likes this.
  18. Priority Well-Known Member

You're doing it wrong if you can't clear that zone with an SK and a merc. 100% wrong. I've taken a fresh 120 SK through that zone, no merc, using ONLY the gear I found in the solos leading up to it. Most gear was still veilwalker's crate armor, completely non-reforgable even. If you link your character, I'll help you, but an SK is absolutely one of the strongest classes for soloing a solo instance in the game due to their ability to do decent damage, heal themselves, and regen their own power. If you're taking 3.5-4 hours, you're not pushing ANY buttons.
    Cassta likes this.
  19. Melt Actually plays the game

And auto attack is off... Full disclosure, I'm running 10k dps mod and 4 flurry pieces, but I can run the full solo circuit without pushing any buttons in like an hourish, about 8-10 minutes of which is, on average, loading times.
    Cassta likes this.
  20. Edaine Member

I've never heard of anyone taking that long in a solo ever, so something is fundamentally wrong, whether it be gear, lack of button pushing, lack of buffs, something! Hopefully you get it figured out and report back.
    Cassta and Snikkety like this.