GU 114: Showdown at Diaku Corral

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Apr 10, 2020.

1. Chikkin Well-Known Member

Some people sure have an aversion to hand held cannons o_O in a game that has big cannons, pirates and buccaneers
    Cyrrena and SolarFaire like this.
  2. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

:( <cries> I have over 100 toons... how in the world to decide who gets it??
    Cyrrena, Observing, Tkia and 4 others like this.
  3. Breanna Well-Known Member

Awwww poor Rosy!! :( I always flipped a quarter for all important decisions, but that wouldn't help at all in this instance. You could eeny meeny miny mo????
    Cyrrena, SolarFaire and Rosyposy like this.
  4. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

I'll probably forget about it and log in on whatever toon... and oops! I guess s/he got the gift. ;)
    Cyrrena, Breanna and SolarFaire like this.
  5. Jaeded Well-Known Member

I did that with a reward I received for something, a purple pegasus, for some reason I claimed it on a character I didn't really want it for, not sure if I thought I was claiming something else or just not paying attention but as Rosy said...oops!
  6. CSP84 Well-Known Member

The major selling point for this GU was the Class Balance, so where is it ? I have seen Mages got some love but this is not a Balance. When can we expect the announced class balance ?
    SolarFaire, Rinova and Obano like this.
  7. Bludd Well-Known Member

this is pass 1 focusing on mages
    SolarFaire and Cyrrena like this.
  8. CSP84 Well-Known Member

I get that.
    However when you compare the Class Balance patch notes with the overseer ones, you see where the priorities are.
    This is not a class balance, this is simply increasing damage to spells. Necros already do more DPS than Ranger. Mages also do same/more Autoattack damage than Ranger. This has not been adjusted.
    The only sort of Class balance is giving chanter new Buff (components) which the class needed.
    SolarFaire and Argosunited like this.
  9. Bludd Well-Known Member

you assume that this is the only pass mages will get.
    i find its better doing this piecemeal instead of a big update with changes to all classes, because of the complexity and workload it will most certainly be "not good"
    this has a chance of being better at least so i suggest we take a sip of water, and watch what happens live
    SolarFaire, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  10. Baphmistra Active Member

Well it had to happen, and you picked a decent time in RL to do this, sort of. With the bug going around we all have to wear masks so now you've found a way to drag that into EQ2 with the bandannas that will no doubt be part of this installment. As long as you bring in the Sandbar fight I suppose I'm ok with it. For those few who don't know in RL the Sandbar fight is what gave birth to the massive Texas Bowie knife. It was probably the first and last time someone brought a knife to a gun fight, and won, because the other side ran out of bullets. One other thought we could always base an NPC on the late Kenny Rogers, make him into a bard that shows up from time to time in here. Y'all stay safe out there, ya hear? :rolleyes:
    SolarFaire, Cyrrena and Rosyposy like this.
  11. Arclite Well-Known Member

Exactly!

Kander in the podcast emphasised on "major class balances". Unless the term balance has been redefined, i would expect it to be all classes being balanced w.r.t each other and the content.

Why was it not made clear to us and instead making us eagerly wait for th GU?

Are these sweeping changes being made, like it will bring about bi-weekly updates for certain classes? If so, why was this not made clear to us?

Over to you Dreamweaver.

/Regards
  12. CSP84 Well-Known Member

Except you don't do class balance like this, piece by piece. Everything needs to be in context to other classes, in this case with the Scouts. Are all pets suppose to be as OP as the BL pet is now? Are the mages classes balanced around Assassin/ BL (Pet) the top DD classes or around Ranger weakest DD class.Not ALL mages are weak in DPS.
    In Class Balance usually the weakest classes should get buffs first.
    Also some classes are so behind that simply adjusting their offensive abilities won't make a difference. Ranger won't still be more wanted over Assassins and Beastlords.
    So my question remains "Where is the advertised Class Balance in this GU" ?
  13. Bludd Well-Known Member

put these questions in the podcast question thread
    SolarFaire, Cyrrena and Bhayar like this.
  14. Carynn Well-Known Member

Do the duck or burning woods zones spawn still? I have never seen either of them.
    Cyrrena and Rosyposy like this.
  15. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

I got the burning woods key for the first time ever on Rivervale... I've never seen the duck zone, either.
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  16. Zacknafen New Member

Will this crate be available per account, or per character?[/quote]

i guess the very cool surprise will be a western outfit ...
    Cyrrena likes this.
  17. Bludd Well-Known Member

dreamweaver said it's 1 per account in discord yesterday
    SolarFaire, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  18. dorotea Well-Known Member

One per character rewards are evil. Especially when some of the rewards are useless on some servers.
  19. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

New crate mount is saweet. Mount is heirloom! Everyone needs to log in!

Edit: I can confirm that the crate is granted to F2P accounts. Not sure if there is a "last login" requirement.
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  20. Bludd Well-Known Member

some superquick feedback: new zone is overall fun, interesting and challenging though not without issues. for instance colorblindness issues in the cow game needs to be adressed

two things that are disappointing is that theres no new shinies - SPITOOEY
    also no markable objects which are fun to find - TARNATION

but shooting the hats of ogres with the 1 use item is hilarious
    the door that swings back and forth is fun
    the bosses are imaginative
    SolarFaire, Jinksie, Cyrrena and 2 others like this.