GU 105: A Stitch in Time - February 13, 2018

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roxxlyy, Feb 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Poktal New Member

They have extended downtime another 2 hours
  2. Beren New Member

The tradeskill timeline doesn't come out with the xpac. Then it gets delayed, and again. The reason stated is it wasn't fun.

I found a walkthrough for the TS timeline on wiki, I assume from test.

At the top of the first quest walkthrough there is a note:

The combines for this timeline are VERY long. Without potions they are taking 3-5 minutes EACH. Plan accordingly.

Is this a joke? Why would anyone think this is fun? This type of combine has always been a pita in the past and not fun for anyone. It's my opinion that the devs do not understand the historical relationship with crafting and adventuring. Someone said earlier that tradeskills are an aspect of the game "in and of itself", not something to be made available for adventurers to make better gear only. I have always tradeskilled and adventured and enjoy both. But the rewards for tradeskilling are becoming fewer and further between.

If the reason is lack of manpower, as some have stated, then why are we paying the same, or in some cases more for our xpacs when it is an inferior product. This goes for tradeskill AND lack of content in the smaller, more compact xpacs we have seen in recent years.

/end rant.
    Juraiya, Tkia, Kheldar and 8 others like this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I kind of like the Klingon version: Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, PREPARE FOR DOOM. ;->

Uwk
    Cyrrena, Tekka and Rosyposy like this.
  4. Doomravin Well-Known Member

I am here! Are you prepared?
    Rosyposy and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

"Wasn't fun" for who? Us players (and yeah, even F2P players are human as well, since they have to do a lot of micro-purchases to make up for a lack of funds up front) or the devs? It's one thing to make a game they, too, would be happy to play, but they also have to take into account that it's more than just them and their buddies on a LAN raid that might be interested in playing, too. If they want to maintain a business that's all about the game itself and its revenues, that's a factor. If there's a goodly chunk of the population that LIKES crafting, and because of all the houses and building block sets that are only available through Collector's Editions on up are actually, probably, generating revenue streams (I can't think of a single decorator that doesn't do at least a CE [*cough* even on 50% off *cough*]), at the very least, we shouldn't be getting kicked to the curb like that. :-/

On the other hand, if they're going out of their way to MAKE crafting not fun for even us die-hard crafters, then that's something more sinister. If they want to alienate that many paying customers, well, all I can respectfully suggest is that it's a big mistake. :-/

Uwk
    who wonders: are there time sinks (haven't gotten the new expac yet) for adventuring levels? :p
    Juraiya, Kheldar, Alenna and 4 others like this.
  6. Nabu veteran infrequent poster

Sadly the familiar level boost option from consuming another familiar to enhance your equipped one isn't working. I've petitioned a few minutes ago, so suggest you wait until they fix it. If you remember the familiar levelling potion (from the CE edition) didn't work either when it went live.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  7. Gudum Active Member

Just in case anyone is interested, on a level 2 adventure/level 100 tradeskill I was able to get the quest and enter the Plane of Innovation on the live server, so apparently any problem with low adventure levels has been corrected.
  8. Sucha Active Member

Beren, we are paying the same for less because DBG is all about profit. They don't give a rat's behind about anything other than that. They have repeatedly shown they do not care. Why anyone thinks they would suddenly do anything differently is a surprise. They have less staff - less money paid out to cut into profits. They charge the same or more for xpacs with less content - more profit. This has been an ongoing theme with them for a long time now.
    Dude, Kheldar, chattie and 3 others like this.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Well, they do have to pay the bills, and have an investment company (or whatever the hell Nova is) looming over their shoulders, so I can't fault them for being concerned about profit. However, I would like to have my crafters treated with as much respect as my adventurers. ;->

Uwk
    Juraiya, Kheldar, Armageddoux and 3 others like this.
  10. Sucha Active Member

Uwk, I was referring to DBG owners not the devs per se. The devs can only do what they are able to in the time and with the money they are given to do it. DBG's owners do not care how much we complain as long as people still throw money at them. They will continue giving less content for more money until such time as it becomes no longer profitable to them then they will either shut it down or sell to off to whoever will give them the most money - no matter if the buying company is top notch or a dung heap.
  11. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

Words will only get you so far. If you are dissatisfied with a product/service and have given feedback, but have largely been ignored, the next step is to stop paying for said product/service. Money speaks louder than words.
    Dude, Argosunited, Mindsway and 5 others like this.
  12. Sucha Active Member

Which I will do the day before my subscription is due this month. I am not saying I would never start my sub back up but they would need to actually put something worthwhile out before I will even think about doing so. I have also pre-ordered almost every xpac they have allowed pre-orders on but that will never happen again either. I was actually planning on keeping my sub going but after this load of garbage was given to us as their idea of fun the camel's back has broken completely.

I have plenty of games on my Xbox plus other computer games I play that are actually still fun - And not DBG's idea of it.
    Dude, Kheldar, Argosunited and 5 others like this.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Good point; this is true. /nod

I, for one, hope that Amazon Games or someone who knows something about online gaming (the gods know SONY wasn't among them) takes us on and revitalizes it. :-/

Uwk
    Kheldar likes this.
  14. Beee Well-Known Member

I have to correct myself: The Planar Supremancy Buff was not on the Test-Screenshots
    Now with additional 10+ Fervor it's a quite nice item, and it got the DC too.

After clearing T2 it has 13 Fervor and 15+8 CB Overcap

The only thing you really loose is 15 FervorOvercap
  15. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Isn't Smed under contract to Amazon Games?
  16. Buba Active Member

Jeff Bezos has always been about growth. Never seen him interested in a turn around project. So hoping for Amazon to rescue DBG may be a reach.
  17. Marranda Active Member

I just would like to know where are the recipes? I mean to convert mana. powder, frags? To make infusers? So far we have seen 1 to make infusers, since the start of the xpac, in a very active guild. We have ran the heroic zones at least 400xs to get 6 people there mounts! Yet haven't seen even 1 drop? And that is just 1 group running, as a guild we have at least 20 that have the mount. That would mean at 48 mats needed for each of the 20 people would be at the very least 960 heroic zones ran and 0 recipes for making the infusions! So I thought ok cool they will be made available with the crafting timeline. Yet none available even though they said there would be more recipes in the time line, instead they just gave us old ones that were on the tome to now craft. Sad face here!
    Kuulei and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, which is why I was holding out hope for us. ;->

Uwk
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Still, stranger things have happened. :)

Uwk
  20. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

One can always raise the torch of hope and hold it high until water is thrown on it and it has been doused.

Cyrrena
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.