GU 105: A Stitch in Time - February 13, 2018

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roxxlyy, Feb 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tekka Well-Known Member

Did they recently (after the expansion release) say class revamp is a thing again? Because they made the announcement last spring, and then apparently dropped it right after without mentioning that bit, until the lack of class changes came up on the beta test forums AFTER the buy-in for PoP beta started and folks got upset, at which point they admitted plans had been scrapped 'months ago'.

Regardless, that is definitely a case of: Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.
  2. Tekka Well-Known Member

Also there's the part where it's the reward for the tradeskill signature line and it has exactly zero tradeskill stats, not even a few token harvesting ones.
  3. Mermut Well-Known Member

Even the familiar you get is 100% adventure stats..
    The rewards definitely miss the mark about rewarding/being useful to the crafter/tradeskiller. .
    For better or worse, it seems the current set of devs see tradeskilling as something solely for the support/benefit of adventurers, not something in and of itself. :(
  4. Gudum Active Member

That is a bit disappointing, I have a level 100 crafter locked at adventure level 2, and have no intention of ever leveling him any higher.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  5. Kheldar Active Member

I don't know how to do that, I can't set 0% aa xp (even as paid) until after 20, and DIsco xp just from going to trainers levels up.
  6. Gudum Active Member

You can right-click the adventure xp bar, and disable both combat and quest experience.
  7. Kheldar Active Member

Hrm... Thanks, I'd actually love to roll a new level 1 toon and do just that; but that would require purchasing an extra slot, and using DBCash, so it's a non-starter :(
  8. Xianthia Well-Known Member

Mine is level 5 and has been since PvP servers existed. I hope this is just an oversight and will be changed.
  9. Thand Well-Known Member

The No tradeskill stats for the Tradeskill line is a headscratcher. So basically the tradeskill reward is of no use to actual Tradeskillers?
  10. Mindsway Well-Known Member

Can anyone verify if they're finally including a way of breaking down mats for adornments? Distilling and diluting?
  11. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

From Discord:
    Andric - Today at 10:46 AM
    has there been confirmation that distillation and combinations are going to be available - PoP writ rewards or dropped or anything?
    Caith - Today at 10:49 AM
    They are not
  12. Mindsway Well-Known Member

Ugh okay thanks. I don't understand why they won't do that for this expac, such a waste of mats otherwise.
  13. Sucha Active Member

Putting in the distillations and such would require them to take 5 minutes of their time to actually do something tradeskilly for the tradeskill timeline. Come now - we know that is not going to happen.
  14. Quigly Active Member

I would assume the only reason they aren't in the game is to keep transmuting supplies valuable. As soon as the distillations are added, the supplies will become next to worthless.

Not sure why they don't simply say this, however.
  15. semisus Does not play this game

i find this weird cause the recipes where discoed on test
    i feel bad for buying a ton of powders now :(
    Kheldar and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  16. Argosunited Well-Known Member

I think it’s to add another time sink because there just isn’t much content in the expansion.
  17. Ummmyeh Active Member

You guys... smh
  18. Mindsway Well-Known Member

I highly doubt they care about mat value. At best they don't care at all about adornments, at worst they just want to throw more time sinks at us.
  19. The Carpenter New Member

i like how they used the word pantheon in the ts sig update. lets rise up norrath! like old times.
    -isle of refuge player :cool:
  20. Conmonnn Member

ETA on when servers will be back up?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.