GU 100: Fabled Zones

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Laylaih, Mar 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amaitae Active Member

It could have been a campaign like last year which was not free but could be used without subscription. This would give a player without a sub the possibility to buy it for three months worth of subs. I agree with Moostafoo here, making it member-only looks like a way to regain more subscriptions.
    Moostafoo likes this.
  2. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

Well yeah. You're acting like this is a bad thing. They don't make this game to give it away out of the goodness of their hearts. They need to make money at some point.
    Alenna likes this.
  3. Cloudrat Well-Known Member

Well , I have been paying since launch even when I was injured and couldn't play my sub didn't miss a beat. I am resigned to the fact that the game isn't trying to cater to any but the highest level players. When I win the lottery I will start my own game of cute toons that craft and spends years and years as lowbies , oh wait that's what I do now nm.
  4. Kriton New Member

Plenty of other content for you to enjoy with your freeloader friends. Great to see that paying members will get something extra for actually contributing to the game.
  5. kluxor Well-Known Member

Agree 100%. Hope this trend continues

Also, I bet the majority of complaints are from bot crews not wanting sub all 6 accounts. Personally, i don't know a single f2p player, and really don't even want anything to do with them either.
  6. PrincessBloom <3 New Member

I think they just ran out of ideas to be honest :/
    And I agree as well if you like a game support it as much as you can.
    The game is there for you to have fun and enjoy yourself from the real world.
    Btw You shall all be eated by the Ogre of Doom :) have a nice day ;p
  7. Haloek Member

Ok Ruins of Varsoon is probably one of my favorite low lvl dungeons. Just one question though. In the fabled version, if you still have some of the old HQ's laying around in your journal for that zone will the fabled update it or was that not taken into account when redoing it?
  8. Merriel Well-Known Member

How's that old saying go, about beating a dead horse? How can people not see what's right in front of their face.

Just because someone is F2P does not mean they don't spend money on the game. How can it hurt anyone if DBG gives F2P players the option to purchase new zones so they can play in them, while they give those zones to subscribers for no additional cost? Is it really going to cost them more to maintain these new zones if F2P players WHO PURCHASED the zones are playing in them along with subscribers?

Yet if they refuse these players at least the option to purchase the zones, how many of these players who are willing to spend the money to purchase the zones are going to decide they will quit playing, because they aren't given this option? DBG loses out on potential revenue...the F2P player loses out because they no longer find a reason to play a game that they care about and love...and all those of us who subscribe lose out because now DBG loses even more customers we could actually enjoy the game with if they were able to access these zones.

I reiterate yet again, I am not saying DBG should just give those zones away, but they should at least give F2P players the option to PURCHASE those zones to be able to play in them. It isn't exactly rocket science. With that said, I'm done on this subject, because if people cannot understand this very simple concept, I'm certainly not going to be able to beat it into their heads.
  9. CSP84 Well-Known Member

Merriel,
    people have responded to your posting and answered why F2p is hurting MMO's like Eq2. I would suggest read Neiloch's post. Furthermore DGB offers F2P players purchasing (sort of) those zones by giving them the option to sub or buy a Game Card what else do you want.
    Kuulei and Streppoch like this.
  10. Pabion New Member

I totally agree with the Members Only access. I pay a premium to get premium content otherwise I would just drop back to a free account. I like the perks that come with a paid account and think there should be lots of premium content limited to members only. Another thing is that members are much more dedicated to the game. I find that most of the annoying toons belong to free players. All of the toons on my blocked list are free accounts. There are some members that I could do without but most are freebies.
    Kuulei likes this.
  11. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

I see a lot of bashing going on in the forums right now. Too much judging. The forums is supposed to be a place where players can express their opinions in a constructive way to Daybreak. The forums should not be a bashing ground. I play this game because of the amazing decorating community that is positive, friendly, helpful, and amazing. When people bash others it is just too much negativity and can cause people to leave the game. Let's all support Everquest 2 by remaining positive and giving good feedback and suggestions.

I am not a free loader, botter or a whiner. I am not hurting this MMO in any way. My husband and I have been members from the launch of Everquest 2. We always buy the best versions of expansions (collectors or premium editions). We continued to pay our membership even when we had to take breaks from playing. Only a short period of time did we not have a membership and that was due to negative people causing drama forcing us to leave. We both paid for Planetside 2 Alpha Squad. We have been to SOE Live twice. We spend lots of money on Everquest 2 and Planetside 2 marketplace items. Basically every birthday, christmas, anniversary, sc/dbc sale we have purchased sc/dbc. I have 2 membership accounts and 4 f2p accounts. I buy the expansions on my f2p accounts. I have every prestige house. I buy tons and tons and tons of house items, bags, appearance gear, potions, mounts, aerakyn race with wing upgrades, character slots, heroic characters, etc. I gift marketplace items to my friends. Four of my eight f2p characters have the heroic character upgrades. Six of the eight have a prestige house with marketplace house items. I started a Player-studio display house for decorators to come look at the expensive house item bundles to see how the items scale before they purchase the bundles/items. Many purchases have happened due to this display house. My idea during Soe Live for a Planetside 2 marketplace item has giving Daybreak lots of money. I box 6 accounts (I fully control all 6 with NO help from program). The reason is I like to be able to give my friends holiday house items when real life keeps them from logging in during the holidays. I am trying to keep them from leaving the game by not letting them fall too far behind. I am disabled and do not have time to run all my tons through the holiday content solo. I also like to box when grinding out city festival tokens. My boxing is not hurting any other players.

There are many people with my play style out there. Many single players with multiple accounts, families with multiple accounts, or both like me. There are lots of decorators out there that are f2p but they spend a bunch of money on marketplace items to get houses, expanders, house items, etc. I think there should be options for this new "free content". What if the "free content" was only for members for say 6 months then offer option for f2p people to purchase this content at a flat fee like expansion /champaign / champsion. Or f2p get access if they buy the next expansion which would be about 7 months members only would have access to content before f2p people. This would keep everyone happy and make Daybreak more money in the long run.
  12. Shalavar New Member

I don't like the state of the game currently. Groups are near impossible to find. Log on, spend 90 minutes looking for a group, tell them you only have 30 minutes left to play before you need to start thinking about leaving, they kick you and move on. When you do find one, if you're not geared or not perfect, they kick you and move on.

Groups are broken for casual players; they don't want us. Economy is broken for casual players; no groups means no upgrades to loot and very little coin to buy loot rights. I got tired of playing solo, so I quit paying. I keep looking for reasons to come back, but I just see the game moving farther and farther off a path I want to be on. I don't see myself re-subbing any time soon, because, as a casual player, the game is broken for me. I can run a solo dungeon 96 times, but I'll never have a chance of getting a single reward as good as 24 people who run a dungeon twice.

As far as all these members-only benefits are concerned, to a non-paying customer (I have paid for everything up to Rum Cellar, and had the sub since GUs were single-digits), they sure do look like an attempt at a cash grab.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.