GU 100: Experience Vial System

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Dexella, Apr 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nuhvohk Active Member

disable your custom UI
  2. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

I use the latest version of DarqUI which has been updated to include the vials, so no... I won't disable it. Still can't see the bubble, though... thanks anyway.
  3. Nuhvohk Active Member

well that's why you can't see the bubble, so either you get your UI or you get your bubble. can't have it both ways.
    Petseeyou likes this.
  4. Zookeeper Active Member

Personally, I don't want the vial on my EXP bar. I don't plan to use them. Some people will use them, so it is good for them to level up their FTP's or the friend who is trying EQII, but can't play with their high levels that have played for years. That is their choice.
    But...if you do not want to use the Vials, there should be an Option to restore your former Experience Bar, without the Vial Icon
    attached.
    Options are nice. Especially if someone very much dislikes a change that could be made Optional for players who want to use it, and avoidable for players who don't want to use it.

Daybreak could make every server PVP from Level 1 up...so that if you leave your home, you can get ganked, and if you rez, you can get ganked, and if you try to kill a mob, players can intervene and take your mob..and Then...you can get ganked.
    Fun for some, I guess, but the number of paying players would certainly go down, and there wouldn't be much new blood incoming after word spread.
    PvP servers labeled as such solve that problem, and gen pop customer attendance is not compromised.

There should be an Option to remove the Noxious Green Globe and go back to your original Experience Bar, since not everyone is interested in participating in the Vial Program.
    The option could come with a penalty...remove the green vial globe, and you can never recover it on that Character...or possibly on That account.

Options are nice....just like going to a restaurant and choosing what you want from a menu is nicer than having a waiter come to your table with a platter containing foods you may like, may not like, or which you may be deathly allergic to, and using a feeding tube to force-feed the Chef's specialties of the day down your throat because that is what the Chef made as the Specialty of the Day, and you are going to blasted well eat it or leave.
  5. Grumpy_Warrior It's a KILT, dang it!

Prissetta, if you are using one of the DarqUI custom skins, make sure you use the utility to get the changes to those files as well. With any color theme you should see a large green bubble instead of the old yellow one, with a smaller green vial just to the right of that with a number on it.
  6. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Thanks, Grumpy... I switched the experience bar out to the default, and then back to DarqUI after the fix and I can see the bubble now.

Zookeeper, no need for a penalty, IMO... all that needs to be done is to code the experience bar to remove the globe except when using vials.

I used the vials once to check them out. They are way overpriced for the amount of experience they hold, and I don't plan to use them again. I'd also prefer not to see the green globe.
    Svenone likes this.
  7. Grumpy_Warrior It's a KILT, dang it!

Hmm, logged in this morning and the large green gem was no longer there for characters that are not running a vial. The visibility of the green gem is controlled from the server so I assume this new behavior was changed recently behind the scenes. It makes more sense this way.

If you are not running a vial and using the default UI, you will get an empty green gem. If you have DarqUI you will get the gold gem that you click to cycle between XP bars. As soon as you start using a vial, the gold gem turns green and fills up as you siphon XP.
    Prissetta likes this.
  8. Zookeeper Active Member

..........................................................................................................................................................................................

I never suggested a "Penalty." An Option and a Penalty are two completely different things.

I clicked on my Exp Bar and do not see any option to disable the stored experience green globe and return my bar to its original appearance minus the green globe waiting to siphone experience for storage.
    The only options I have are:
    Minimize
    Show Tradeskill Experience
    Show Alternate Advancement Experience
    Disable Combat Experience (no Show Combat Experience)
    Disable Character Bonus Experience
    Window Settings
    Align Window
    Lock Window

I don't intend to disable the experience that I get for completing quests or kills.
    I don't intend to Save Experience in a vial, either, though.

I suggested making a choice of having the green Exp Siphon as an Option...not a permanent part of the Experience Bar for those who do not wish to use it.
  9. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Zookeeper, the word "penalty" was a quote from you... not something I came up with.

But I agree. I don't want to see the experience vial bubble unless I am actually using an experience vial.
  10. Zookeeper Active Member

"The option Could come with a penalty" was in reference to the fact that since the vial condition was on the experience bar,
    if players wanted it removed, Daybreak might prefer to cite a standard of ...Remove it and Lose It...so that players who were undecided might not ask for removal.

"There should be an Option to remove the Noxious Green Globe and go back to your original Experience Bar, since not everyone is interested in participating in the Vial Program.
    The option could come with a penalty...remove the green vial globe, and you can never recover it on that Character...or possibly on That account."
    "Could" is the operative word here. It is not a demand for a penalty. It is, however, another option for Daybreak to consider.

There are some players who would take the penalty of not having a chance to get the vial back at some time in the future IF they opted to have it deleted. They would accept the Deletion as permanent.

I didn't make any definitive suggestion that it Should come with a penalty...but knowing how some gaming rules work, when something new is offered, sometimes if you refuse a feature, you lose the chance to get it...ever.
    Opting Out is an Option. If Daybreak wanted to allow the Opt Out, they could determine whether or not those who opted out of the new bar could ever have it re-applied if they changed their minds at some point in the future, or they might decide to put a
    penalty of "Opt out and you can't get it back," on the feature. Those who didn't want it could weigh the options and then decide whether or not they really wanted to opt out of the feature and get their regular adventure bar back if that meant forfeiting any chance of adding the Experience Vial at some point in the future if they changed their minds.

Personally...I would opt out, even if opting out penalized me from ever getting the Vial System back.
  11. Grumpy_Warrior It's a KILT, dang it!

I doubt the game designers would ever willingly remove the vial system from the interface, any more than they would give us an option to remove the marketplace shopping cart button. Remember these are not bonuses that can be denied to players as a form of punishment. They are systems that exist to improve commerce for the game, something that any business -- including this video game -- needs to survive.

There are two parts to the vial interface: the larger green gem, or globe, that fills up in 20% increments as you siphon XP. Then there is the smaller vial that shows how many containers are filled and ready to be claimed. If I had been designing it, I might have combined these two parts into one, so the vial would take the space where the globe was, would fill up as you siphoned, and would have the number of completed vials displayed on it. This would get the little vial out of the XP bar itself, which I think would be somewhat less obnoxious to folks who don't like change. But the flip side is it wouldn't be as eye-catching and marketable. If you want somebody to buy something, you dont tuck it away discreetly. You put it right out front and make it obvious.
  12. Smallcorners Well-Known Member

If you are using a custom UI, ask for this to be an option, or reload the old UI element.
    http://www.eq2interface.com/
    Darq, Profit, Fetish, Drums, and whichever other ones are out there are gathered here.
    If you are using only the default UI, perhaps you can find just the XP Bar element yo overwrite that.
    Prissetta likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.