GU 100: Experience Vial System

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Dexella, Apr 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Belenos Well-Known Member

Actually, we all do that quite often--it is called going to the movies! ;)
  2. Lithinor Member

the real shame is that it's too late for EQ to advertise, even if there's only a slight notion hinting towards WoW most people associate the MMORPG scene with WoW anyways. That's real advertisement, association to the product without having to explicitly draw the picture for people. so sad for eq and not listening to its player base /slow wave eq off into the sunset
    Sapryze likes this.
  3. Finora Well-Known Member

Yeah, people have been saying they needed to do more advertising since about the year 2000. :(
    Sapryze, Kiter and Belenos like this.
  4. Merriel Well-Known Member

This game has a TON of potential even now, and I don't think it's too late to advertise. No way for them to know, however, if they don't at least try...and advertise where it counts. I've seen people post numerous times that DBG has the marketing staff with all the stats and figures to know what sells and what doesn't, but time and time again they have proven they don't know what they are doing (look at the mess they've made over the years and this is why the game is in the dire straits it is in today). No, they do need to advertise...and they need to do it BIG, if they are to draw the attention of the public over to this game. I've been pushing for them to advertise for years now, and yet still...NOTHING. I don't think these xp vials are going to solve anything. :/
    HaphazardAllure and Moonpanther like this.
  5. Finora Well-Known Member

I think the xp vials are more of a response to a long standing complaint of many about the "lost xp" from doing things at max level.
    HaphazardAllure and Belenos like this.
  6. Envee New Member

HMM, can i buy filled xp pots off of broker to never have to play my character to lvl it? Please keep this out of the game

or at least dont further ruin the broker by making them tradeable
    Sapryze likes this.
  7. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

They're currently hiring a marketing person - but I seriously doubt it will be to work on EQ2 stuff, more like that zombie game they have :/
    Sapryze and Mizgamer62 like this.
  8. Lithinor Member

oh yeah, talking about how much potential has been under utilized would be like beating a horse carcass back to life and then back to death. the thing is that WoW has repeatedly dominated eq on the advertising scene (since eq barely had one ever) and now eq advertisement would be like a rip off of WoW. it would still bring some people in, but chances are more in favor of bringing people to WoW more so
  9. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

found the WoW player ^^
  10. Lithinor Member

15 years in eq, 2 months in WoW... ya caught me... i might even try Eve online or some other game /gasp point is, that eq needs players and they aren't getting it from word of mouth. it may already be too late considering eq didn't continue advertising when they should have. silly ideas on how to gain xp more efficiently is absurd for this game, has been done in many other games, and isn't fixing the obvious problem
    Sapryze and Merriel like this.
  11. Kiry Active Member

How about putting flurry on melee healer cloaks instead of double cast, thanks, that is all.

*crickets*
  12. Merriel Well-Known Member

Sad if this is true. I have absolutely no interest in playing a zombie game...nor do most of the people I know. I'd rather see advertisement go to a tried and true successful game like EQII than some idiotic game like that. :/
    Sapryze likes this.
  13. Roadkillusa Active Member

Regular XP can be turned off if you feel you are leveling too fast. If they keep Quest XP the same as it is this would not effect you. It would give the casual player that does not have much time as it is to grind to get to higher levels faster.
  14. Kekox New Member

Yeah,sure switch xp on and off just to level slower really cool.
    I'm a casual player, and I play on TLE because I like it how it is.
    Why play on TLE if you want to get in no time to max level?
    Just play on Life and buy a level 90 char.
    I will never understand why people play on TLE, if all they want is make everything as fast as possible like Life.
    Sapryze and Livejazz like this.
  15. BulletCatcher66 Active Member

Agree. Listen to this lizard. She speaks the truth. You fools rushing the TLE along are literally killing it. Literally.
  16. Kekox New Member

Just remember what has happen with this game.

Soon after release people wanted faster leveling, no corpse run, no group debt, no crafting dependency, more bells etc.

Couple years later people wanted a server which was like release because, leveling was too fast, death had no meaning, instant transportation was bad for interaction with other players etc.

Ok, Daybreak has listen and has made a TLE server which has some of the stuff comparable with release, but is still much more comfortable then at release.

Now, people again start to moan, leveling too slow, need more bells etc.

I will predict in a year or two people will start again to complain, leveling is too fast, etc...........

I'm feeling like I'm in the movie "groundhog day" =)
    Jaden, Sapryze and Moonpanther like this.
  17. Finora Well-Known Member

You are slightly mistaken. Some of it was awful from the start (group debt springs to mind) .

Then they made some other "quality of life" changes, such as more bells, griffons & the like which were largely well received. I can tell you I didn't shed a single tear on my provisioner when subcombines were ditched. I know some people missed it for the immersion factor, but I was not one. I don't need to spend real hours cooking 20 servings of a single fake meal.

Then came the Age of the Golden Path (started by Brenlo, continued with Smokejumper) where every new player was assumed to be an idiot who couldn't handle anything remotely complex and xp was jumped up more than it had been previously. We lost the Isles as starting places. That's also the period that saw the complete revamps of the cities and the loss of the burbs. There was culling of quests they didn't deem worthy.

Then EQ1 had some serious success with a series of progression servers and people started begging for ones here. The devs obliged! Many of us (myself included) were pretty excited, hoping that we'd be able to see it how it was for a little while at least.

And we were pleased with the Isles return, that was great. Then... there was everything else. Gear with pretty much the same stats as on live servers (not nostalgic at all). No burbs :( . Mounts even slower than they were at release. Still it was pretty fun.

Then expansions started coming out and the gear changes with the "new progression" started rolling in not only on TLE but the live servers. I can't believe anyone would look at the TLE server in it's current state and feel it sates the nostalgia about how the game used to be back in 2004-2006. What it's turned out to be is what one might be closer to call a "hard core" server instead, but it's not even that, because it really isn't hard at all. It's pretty much the standard rule servers with limited content, limited travel options, some stats unavailable and less nostalgia than I'd guess many of the people who started there had hoped for. So mostly it's just been disappointing :(, except for the Isles (thank you again Gninja for that, I'd love to see those added back on the standard rule servers again!) .
    Belenos, Sapryze and Nockturnal like this.
  18. Nockturnal Well-Known Member

^^^ this, very much this.

The changes that have been made to the over all user friendly/feel of the game in just the last few years are wonderful.
    This wonderful needs to be carried over to TLE.

IMO not slighty but sadly mistaken.

Leveling to slow has nothing to do with it at all. I am actually loving the slow paced leveling.

It's the cumbersome interface Kekox. It's the snail pace movement of the aka=horse or worse=running.
    It's the ugly time vacuum of the small things that enough to make you want to stab needles in your eyes.

TLE should be about the content not withholding improvements to quality of life changes in this game that were very well needed and deserved.
    daicia likes this.
  19. Heck62 Active Member

I'd like to see xp vials for crafting.Make it so! So say we all! well me at least.
    Belenos likes this.
  20. BulletCatcher66 Active Member

o_O
    I agree with most of what you're saying. TLE was a great idea. I was so excited i spent a few days reactivating my 10 year old account. I was really excited to play what I thought was the game in its original state. But things changed and it wasn't as nostalgic as I had hoped. I appreciate the TLE is available. Live is an arbitrary monstrosity.

Hopefully some folks have already started to capture the data needed for a private server. Get some smart folks to itemize correctly (lock it to KoS, my 2 cents) and it could be a thing. Who knows.

But i must comment on your enthusiasm on the Isles... They are meaningless. A lot of people were excited about their return and stating they wouldn't play the game if the Isles were still out. Lets be honest. No one gives a crap about level 1-6. And the isles returning was a great waste of time of the developers time. No one hangs out on the Isles. People don't stay there long. Its insignificant.

People can't handle a challenge. Thats why they demand loosening of those challenges. Group xp debt in the day.. ok. bad idea. But corpse shards (corpse spirits?) that was a great idea. But to much complaining and that was gone. Then access quests for Nek, EL, LS, etc. were taken out. blah blah blah.
    Sapryze likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.