GU 100: Experience Vial System

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Dexella, Apr 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dexella Associate Producer

We've clarified with Dev. These will not be available on Stormhold.
    Moonpanther and Sapryze like this.
  2. Dolphinsgal Active Member

I have mixed feelings about this too.
    On the one hand I like the idea because I have a couple toons I'm not totally interested in finishing to level 100 from low 90's. I can play a toon I love and still level the toon(s) I'm not all that interested in at the moment. I don't see how it's any worse than people power leveling or buying the heroic toons from the marketplace.
    I don't like the idea because learning how to play the toon you're giving the xp to goes out the window. I'm not the best or near the best at my toons at max level in groups but at least I mostly know what spells do what at what time, using the xp vials will make knowing your spells as you get them not a priority. I can see a few issues coming from the vials too.
    I know DBG needs to make money to keep the lights and game going but I'm not sure this is the best way to do it. I guess this also depends on how much the vials cost and if there will be a cap on how many levels you can get per vial.
    I guess the best way to know how this is going to change the game is to see how they work. I'm sure when the heroic characters came out there were those who were for and against the idea. I'll wait to see about these before I make any more judgements on the idea.
  3. Moostafoo Active Member

yes thats right about the books. What i was basically saying that player bought all of the skill books then used a load of skill injectors enough to train to max level.
  4. Moostafoo Active Member

Increase the xp rate then, jesus. It is god awful, painfully BORING to level on that server. It didnt take ages to level during EoF. For those of us that work 5 to 7 days a week cant even play 10 hours a day are losing so much interest in that server its not even funny. Its not even hardcore like others claim, its tremendously ridiculous to spend that much time level to even level 10.
  5. Xerikton Active Member

sounds like the same thing eq1 has had for some time. only theirs were from quests, if I remember correctly, and not so much exp. stored.

for those of you wanting this on stormhold. wasn't the reason you went there was to play like it was in the good old days. sadly most of you have forgotten how much it really wasn't so GOOD.
  6. Kekox New Member

Please don't increase it. Fast leveling is on Life. I love to not outlevel a zone while doing the questline for this zone !
    Sapryze likes this.
  7. Moostafoo Active Member

Dude, literally all stormhold is GRINDING now. Nobody runs the quest lines because they cant equip any of the gear they're rewarded. Maybe not increase the xp rate to the same as LIVE*, but just a little bit. You have no idea how boring this server is.
  8. Moostafoo Active Member

The main reason people joined the TLE server was to roam the newbie islands once again. That time has passed as there is rarely anybody on them AGAIN. I dont blame them. The xp is garbage there.
  9. Ansom Active Member

You talk about stormhold, we talk about the normal server.

xp is fine, is very easy to get at liv 100 in few hours...
  10. Smallcorners Well-Known Member

These are adventure only at this point.
    There are no Tradeskill Vials available yet.
    That is in the OP. Sad though, the Tradeskill ones would probably sell better - LOL
  11. Airros Active Member

So how is making the xp faster going to keep people playing on the TLE server and "roam the newbie islands once again". Not seeing how what you are asking makes any sence, the faster the xp, the faster people move on... /boggle
  12. Smallcorners Well-Known Member

Question on this, please?
    An empty vial is No-Trade per the screenshot, so how would we give it to another toon on our account if all the XP within is lost when claimed before it is full?
    Does it turn Treasured as soon as one point is garnered? Or Heirloom?
    Can that other toon then use it to gather XP themselves for later trade?
  13. Moostafoo Active Member

just increase the xp rate a little bit. Jesus are you people slow? It shouldnt take 10 mins to achieve level 2 on the newb island, hell nor anywhere else. It shouldnt take 2 hours to achieve level 10. We're in EoF xpak now. The game was not this fn boring to level in back then. All people are doing these days is power leveling to cap now. Even on TLE. I dont see why they cant just increase the xp rate a little bit for those who arent grouping/raiding or for those who arent able to play 7 hours a day like everybody else. From what i gathered over the years, Launch days sucked compared to now. So why continue with the extremely slowed xp rate?
    Roadkillusa likes this.
  14. Moostafoo Active Member

Its ok guys. The grind is worse than power leveling in Skyshrine for 10th time so i just went ahead and deleted my toons there. No need for me to waste my time and money on server too boring to play on. When the population on there dies, dont cry for it to be merged with the Live servers.
  15. Luciuz Active Member

MAKE ONE FOR STATUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Prissetta and Cloudrat like this.
  16. Airros Active Member

You obviously ARE completely clueless about how EQ started and how hard it was to grind levels "back then"... I remember it taking months to get to max level playing a couple hours a day, being under-geared, dying and running for your corpses naked from your bind point, praying your healer friend would log in, so you don't have 20 corpse runs and lose a level or 2 because your corpses rotted, then having to regain those levels back. You complaining about taking 2 hours to get to level 10, made me laugh, when level 10 "back in the day" could take you a week, or more playing an hour or two a day!
    You want more exp?...stop with the whine fest, go re-roll a toon on a live server, and stop trolling this thread, which isn't about you gaining a little more exp on TLE because you don't want to group or raid. Start a new post on the TLE thread, if you want to complain about something that trivial...
    Sapryze likes this.
  17. Airros Active Member

This says it all in a nutshell...I don't think most people are going to pay much to bottle up their time and spend their money to level someone else, let alone their own Alts they can PL to 100 in 6 hours (or less) with a friend (who knows what they are doing) for FREE, saving their time and money. It really makes no sense for the masses and is only a ploy to make money for DBG, which I really don't have a problem with...Unless...they try to make it ridiculously overpriced, which they tend to do. I can already see these potions being stupidly priced on the broker and only the people with no concept of managing money, or value of time will donk off their Plat to gain a few levels, and become the crappy toons they were meant to be, instead of learning and grasping their class like they should... Power-Leveling has made the good player average and the average player...well crappy, tbh...

Unless you're a Defiler...then you can push 2 buttons and face-roll you keyboard :p
    Merriel, Montag and Jaden like this.
  18. Ravnor New Member

So if you use one at level 1 it gets you to level 2, and the rest is lost?
  19. Lucida Member

Pretty much they invented a new way to market PL in-game. Low-level players will have to pay butt loads to buy bundles of vials so they can level up. Which also means no more paying someone at max level to drag them around (it's annoying). The only issue I could see from this is aside if the vials are overpriced, but will players overcharge on the bottles to sell to weaker players.

I will be making no more comments on this until they get to the article about the Heartbound system or at least let us try GU100 in the Test realm.
  20. Cloudrat Well-Known Member

This is very similar to the soulstones in UO that allowed you to share skills and exp with different toons to avoid havng tons of alts and it was a great idea 20 years ago:)
    Sapryze and Lithinor like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.