Grouping availability for Troub

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by Aurelius, Jan 18, 2017.

1. Aurelius New Member

In perusing the forums, I've seen a few mentions of the Dirge, but not much regarding the Troub. Are Troubs sought after/welcomed in groups? Or are they only good for the caster group in raids?

Looking over their kit, they have quite a number of agro reduction or redirect abilities. With the amount of agro concerns I've read on the forums, I'd think this would be a good thing to have.

Thanks!
    rutro likes this.
  2. rutro Well-Known Member

One thing that has happened in the last few years is...what little grouping or raiding that does go on...is all about dpsing down the mob. It appears that the majority of players do not care about anything but their own personal parse. That being said...they would probably rather have another assassin or tier one dps. Most people now days could not tell you what a good group set up is. They think skill is based off memorizing some OP spell rotation, and repeating it over and over like a robot...LOL! This is probably just one reason....
  3. Aurelius New Member

Interesting, if the general population is mostly focused on their own parse, I'd expect them to be excited about a buffer in the group. Just a thought. LoL
  4. Fletch Active Member

Illogical arguments are common for some people on the forums, spend enough time on here and you'll see who knows what they are talking about. As a troub I only get turned down for PUGs if they have a troub already. Honestly though, I rarely PUG because I generally get tells asking if I want to run zones within a few min of logging in. If you can use j-cap, AV and VC well you will find yourself on peoples friend list in no time.
  5. rutro Well-Known Member

I guess that you do not understand...it is all about dps and a mage might want to have the troub in the group but everyone else is going to want another tier 1 dps..
  6. Tsurupettan Active Member

Yeah, let me tell you, as a T1 dps myself, I definitely don't want a bard that's dropping some sick 1 billion (or more) per swing VCs. Not at all. Nor do I want their fervor buffs, or their resist and combat mit debuffs.
  7. Ansom Active Member

puff... and T1 dps hate the troub agro transfert.. :eek: Specially Tank.
  8. Fairin Active Member

troubs are the highest parsing class in the game currently(considering same gear same skill level of classes), they just don't show it on the personal parse, why someone wouldn't want them around in pairs is mind boggling to me.
    just imagine 4 jcap's runnin full time... so..much..damage...

and tsurupettan you forgot about the 10% base damage increase... and deadly dance's 20% damage increase... oh and combat procs that add up and stack...
    Zelox likes this.
  9. wiouxev2 Active Member

I think this is kind of a salty response.

I make a heroic group *nightly* and *always* take a bard if one is available.
  10. Azian Well-Known Member

I have to throw my voice in with those saying bards are valued in groups. I often see dps spots fill in a heartbeat while still waiting on utility, heals, or a tank. I would normally only see skipping a bard if time passed and no options became available. Then you might end up running 1 fighter, 1 healer (2?) and the rest as dps knowing that aggro, if nothing else, might be problematic. Well played troubs are always welcome.
  11. Aurelius New Member

Great feedback! I'm assuming Dirges are also equally welcomed?
  12. Eliohia2 Active Member

I never have problems getting groups...in fact, I sometimes have trouble hiding hehe