Grolla Skullwielder Is Now on Broker for 1 Silver on Maj Dul

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by redwoodtreesprite, Mar 20, 2020.

1. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

:confused::rolleyes::eek:

Title says it all.....
    Benito likes this.
  2. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

Sounds about right
    redwoodtreesprite likes this.
  3. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

I am just waiting for the P2W and locked behind RNG comments. :p
    Pixistik and redwoodtreesprite like this.
  4. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

Logical fallacy much?
    Xevran likes this.
  5. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

Sarcasm and irony? I think not!
  6. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

It's a garbage tier merc that is an absurdly common reward from the Overseer missions. All it is at this point is the worst possible reward the Overseer system offers. One use items with no alternate use (Salvage,transmute, etc...) should not be rewards, especially as common as this merc is. The best thing they can do is to add a status value to the overseer mercs.

This merc, and how common it is, has absolutely nothing to do with the P2W concerns because there is no benefit to using this merc over another. It also has nothing to do with RNG because it is as common as essence of chaos or the potions except you can only use it one time.
    Lysia and Xevran like this.
  7. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

This is how the "P2W crowd" will frame this merc (if it weren't so common): Grolla adds another rank to the 'Blood of Luclin' Battalion buff and it's locked behind RNG!*

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/more-about-mercs.593822/

*If the premise is not explicit, the issue would be the finite amount of BoL-battalion mercs and the (hypothetical) rarity of this merc contributing to some perception of locked power.
  8. Nawtey Active Member

9. Xevran Well-Known Member

If the merc was pay to win then the "pay to win crowd" would dislike it. Yeah, you're right... I'm not really sure what the point is that you're trying to make.
    Semperfifofum likes this.
  10. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

That "crowd" does not give credit where it's due. They like to moan and groan about the negatives but keep silent about any positives.

Recent or upcoming changes to EQ2:

• Common BoL Merc (Grolla).
    • Harvest labels to be revamped.
    • Loot crates to be obtainable in game.
    • Incoming fixes to Overseer.
    These folks were conspicuously absent during Chaos Descending then they came out of the woodwork for the first few months of Blood of Luclin. I told people to wait for the devs to "catch up" but they kept spinning theories (i.e. phasing out of tradeskills, loaded RNG).
    Breanna likes this.
  11. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

Has nothing to do with P2W, all it really amounts to is more garbage added to a broken system by people who dont really understand what they are doing anymore, as in fact they are the folks that gave it to us.
    This is one of those carrot things they put out so everyone would be like ohh, ahh, they are actually giving us mercs now so they must be listening. LOL.its a wilted carrot.
  12. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

It adds a rank to BoL Battalion buff so it's not garbage. If Grolla were an ultra rare, people would be crying P2W for extra rank (since you can pay DBC to finish Overseer tasks). lol.
    Breanna likes this.
  13. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

Wow thats great
  14. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

I think Grolla is for casuals. I like her. Won't really help you speed run an instance, but it gives very good assurance that if you're in a solo instance and your skills are iffy you won't die before you have a chance to read the debuff effects on you and her, and develop a strategy. Some of us are slow. /shrug

And of course that includes kids playing EQ2 who are just starting to understand how to play at all and may be very upset if they die a lot.
    Pixistik likes this.
  15. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

Odd that none of the lower level merc tanks in game come with the buff but every other class seems to..could of sworn one of my low lvls had the buff
    Semperfifofum likes this.
  16. Moss Well-Known Member

as they have replaced the familiars in common rewards with overseers I propose to add a right click option to "feed" our familiars with the extra overseers, mines are hungry :)
    SpriteGal likes this.
  17. Argosunited Well-Known Member

Grolla does not add to the batallion buff unless you pay to 'hire anywhere'. Hire anywhere can only be done with real $'s.
    Anyway, garbage merc is garbage. Just destroy it.
    Pixistik likes this.
  18. Elkana Active Member

I was collecting my overseers the other day. I got a reward crate it had Grolla in it. My next one I opened had a bonus. The regular chest and the bonus BOTH had Grolla in it. LOL -- The most funny part was, the second reward including the bonus did not even give them to me because I already had a Grolla and could not have another. So I got the same thing three times in two quests, with one reward.
    I thought it was the most amazing thing in the world especially since it was two 5 hour quests. But then again, I'm about 7K Shadow marks into buying crates and still haven't seen a prismatic distraction. Which those would become as common as this Gorilla moron merc.
    SpriteGal likes this.
  19. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

Uh oh, I think you just called out the dev's... They're mischievous like that. Enter essential unique skill that only Grolla can do. :D
  20. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

The hire anywhere cost is applied to all mercs and is trivial (150 DBC out of one's monthly grant of 500).

My point is, if Grolla were an ultra rare, people would complain about the "extra rank" (with a finite number of Luclin-tier mercs) being locked behind P2W/RNG.
    Breanna likes this.