Grind still to get Thaumaturgist recipe books?

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by EQ_Jack, Oct 14, 2019.

1. EQ_Jack Active Member

looking at

https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/Ascension

It says I need 30k+ faction with blood tooth clan before this guy will talk to me, to sell the Thaumaturgist recipe books. Is there another way to just get the books?
  2. EQ_Jack Active Member

Snikkety likes this.
  3. Avithax Well-Known Member

The spell recipes are sold by the Guild Hall recipe merchant, there's a few of them and you'll need a 110 sage to use them. The Adept, Master and Ancient Ascension spells require an illegible page to craft.

I'm not sure what it is that you're asking but in CD they gave the Sages the ability to make all spells, older methods still exist but they require much more work and items so rare they hardly exist.

Learning how to make ascension spells is a dauntless task for someone who has no experience with it because there are multiple methods, it's confusing and annoying and my best advice is to stick with the Sage method and save yourself some brain cells.
  4. EQ_Jack Active Member

Thanks I see em on the guild recipe vendor. Yet, these require Sovereign of Rile currency. I'm level 100 adventure/110 crafter.
    Any easy way to earn the sovereigns?

Other option I Think.. would be to go to library of myrist and do chaos descending quests(The ones I mention in my initial post), yet library access requires 110. :| haha. guess one way or another I'm leveling this guy.
  5. Avithax Well-Known Member

You get a few Sovereign of Rile for doing the KA TS Sig questline, you also get a great crafting/harvesting mount and an item to carry in your bags that transports you to Obulus from anywhere. Iirc you get 10 for completing the Sig questline, which has some pretty heavy prerequisites including previous Sig lines and the TS epic.

https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/Kunark_Ascending_Crafting_Timeline
    Soara2 likes this.
  6. Melt Actually plays the game

Yes, that will give you the recipes for all ascensions. Only for sages, I believe.
  7. Healious Active Member

They pop up on the broker from time to time. Several on Maj'dul. You can also have someone buy it from the vendor for ya. Many people still have a bunch of sovereign of rile.
  8. Ragna Well-Known Member

You DO NOT need the "Blood Tooth" books if you have CD. Sage Studies 01 - 10 have all Ascension's spell recipes. And the mats are "easier" to get than those from the previous books - unless you're sitting on a pile of "old" pages somehow.
    Kuulei likes this.