Grim

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-MaxDamage, Nov 30, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-MaxDamage Guest

Is it just me or does the Grim suck. I have tellurian 2 and grim 2 and my tellurian deals and take a hell of a lot more damage. Let me know what you guys think.
  2. ARCHIVED-Arukara Guest

Dunno about you but I use the adept 1 version and it nukes for around 45-50dmg. It still can't take hits very well and I really think they need to look into fixing the pets.
  3. ARCHIVED-Camus255 Guest

we get 2 sort of pets tank and dmg dealer

grim is definitly not a tank and you shoudnt use it for solo but when your group for his damage

at lvl 24 you ll get unndying adherent who s a zombie <----- tank pet

at 32 you get shadowy stalker i suppose its an upgrade of grim

etc..
  4. ARCHIVED-MaxDamage Guest

So at 24 the Zombie is tougher than the recruit??
  5. ARCHIVED-Camus255 Guest

well its a tank so you can solo :)
  6. ARCHIVED-Rhugan Guest

Well the app2 level 24 tank is comparable to a app3 recruit in tankage ability and worse then a adept 3 spider untill you get an upgrade to atleast app3 or hit level 25.
  7. ARCHIVED-Samedi Guest

adept1 grim owns, dunno what you're talking about. i've seen it hit 140+ with the grim strike nuke (level 30). 24 pet just sucks unless i find the adept sometime soon, otherwise i have the 32 pet adept ready to scribe.
  8. ARCHIVED-AG-Odin Guest

i myself am a 24 necro and just got the tank necro pet zombie and it really sucks compared to my adept 3 spider but i guess it will own if i can get any adept book for it
  9. ARCHIVED-Urguwno Guest

It keeps getting repeated that the Grim should never be used for solo'ing. I'd like to point out that this isn't always true.

A necromancer with all top-end crafted armor should take little to no damage from green mobs. The caster pet will help you mow through fields of green mobs faster than a tank pet, resulting in exp that is as good or possibly better than solo'ing yellows / oranges. (the loot will probably suck though)
  10. ARCHIVED-IronGnome Guest

You're definitely right. For soloing blues/greens I prefer the caster pet to kill them quicker. It can even tank with a few heals thrown on it while nuking away.

But for white-yellow I would be leery of using anything other thank tank pet... I do white kodiaks with zombie with no difficulty (I like throwing a pair of rats to chew on his hind legs too... man I can't wait till that spell gets fixed :) ).
  11. ARCHIVED-Viromage Guest

I got Grim Adept III last night and was using it to tank yellow and orange skele cons in Nek. Thing was doing a hell of a job for a caster to be tanking IMO. You just have to be sure it has agro before releasing hell. I didn't even bother to bring up my Recruit Adept 3 for fear it might not produce as much damage. The Grim AD3 was holding its own very good.
  12. ARCHIVED-zenmonk Guest

Where did you get the grim adept III. Did someone make it for you?
  13. ARCHIVED-Myros Guest

Currently I have adept III spider, adept I grim caster and app III zombie fighter.

In groups the grim is a great addition, is has decent DPS and also comes with a built in group buff (grim presence - increased power to all)
    In solo I used to use the spider, but more and more Ive been using the zombie and am pretty much sticking to it now. At app III it easily compares to the adept III spider and out damages it a little ... but it also taunts far better. Ive actualy used it in groups where it has taunted the mob off the main fighter .... saves a little healing time for the healers ;)

Looking forward to getting the adept line for my zombie as he will then far out perform the spider.

Shad
  14. ARCHIVED-Viromage Guest

Yes I just auctioned in the trader channel that I needed Indigo Ink or the spell Grim Spellbinder Adept 3 and within afew min I had people sending me tells. There is Jasper out there but the people that have it are holding onto it. I have seen very few Adept 3 lvl 20+ spells in the fence or reg. market place. Oddly enough there are several Master 1 spells in the marketplace though going in the range of 15g-38g. Nothing for Necro's though.
  15. ARCHIVED-Handlebars Guest

Go out and mine a ton in TS and nek and hope you get a rare. The lvl 24 pet adept 3 and the lvl 25 pet buff would be unreal if they were both adept.