Grim adept 1

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-IronGnome, Nov 21, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-IronGnome Guest

I was lucky enough to get my hands on a grim spellbinder adept 1 (started looking for it at level 17, finally found it on a black market broker), and it looks neat and all, except... it has NO textures.

It's solid black, unless you highlight (target) it, then you can see the model is completely white polygon. A friend of mine also sees it as black, but he has the same video card.

So... anybody else see this yet? Is it my vid card? I summoned a new one, turned settings up to max quality (just to see if it was a setting).
  2. ARCHIVED-Nedar Guest

He's solid black to me too...i got Geforce 4 6800 GT card.

It looks kinda cool though.
  3. ARCHIVED-IronGnome Guest

It does look kinda neat... but I'd rather have a texture at some point :)
  4. ARCHIVED-Jakanden Guest

I personally dig the solid black pet =)
  5. ARCHIVED-Hidohebhi Guest

Can u post a screenie? I'd love to see it :)
  6. ARCHIVED-mrfumetsu Guest

here is a screenshot

[IMG]
  7. ARCHIVED-r1chard3 Guest

NINJAS!!!!!!

you might want to /bug it.
  8. ARCHIVED-Aeriez Guest

what graphic setting do you have your computer set to? it is probably just a matter of lighting effects (similar to the fact that if you have it set to extreme performance or one of the other lower quality settings torches have absolutely no purpose because all lighting effects are completely turned off). im sure if there were lighting effects/shadows IE the sun, spells being casted ect. then you would be able to see what the skeleton actually looks like. which is probably the intended effect. maybe that would look a lil cooler :p
  9. ARCHIVED-Azure707 Guest

I use High Quality settings and that is how it looks like. Im really ashamed of Necromancer pets because they are so dull looking compared to Conjuror's pet.
  10. ARCHIVED-d9ndean Guest

where is this black market broker?
  11. ARCHIVED-Viromage Guest

People wanting 2+ gold pieces for this on Najena Server... To me that seems abit steep, I was told by a 21 necro last night this pet can't tank worth a crap. What kinda dmg. does this one do? I can't see spending 2+ gold for a cool looking pet....
  12. ARCHIVED-Kryll Guest

This pet shouldn't be used for tanking, it is a warlock pet for damage output in a group. To tank, use your Telurian Recruit or the Undying Adherent at 24.

Khryll
    24 Necromancer
    Befallen
  13. ARCHIVED-Handlebars Guest

Blakc market broker is on the island in east freeport, I also love the ninja black pet.
  14. ARCHIVED-Jakanden Guest

I paid 80 silver for mine on the black market heh
  15. ARCHIVED-Viromage Guest

It's sad I could pay that kind of markup on a item and still get cheaper than in my local economy... Greedy evil people! :smileywink:
  16. ARCHIVED-Handlebars Guest

I've found that it just drops more frequently by Qeynos. Tell Recruit and Grim don't seem to ever appear on the dark side.
  17. ARCHIVED-Jakanden Guest

Ive noticed this with alot of our Adepts. I searched the broker for a long time looking for ours to no avail. Went to black market and found most of them immediately
  18. ARCHIVED-Handlebars Guest

Exactly the same. Adepts on our side sell for a gold or more, then you look at the black market and they are 20sp after the 40% markup!
  19. ARCHIVED-Kryll Guest

The phenomena of Thundering Steppes dropping Necro pets and Nektulos dropping conjurer pets appears to be true.

I got my Grim Spellbinder (Adept I) drop in Thundering Steppes and just last night got a copy of Igneus Apprentice (Adept I) from Nektulos.
    Message Edited by Kryll on 11-29-2004 03:32 PM
  20. ARCHIVED-Handlebars Guest

We should get a full group of necro's together and go raid thundering steppes for all of our adepts.