Grasp line of spells does not stack with the wizard equivalent

Discussion in 'Warlock' started by ARCHIVED-Morghus, Aug 11, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Morghus Guest

If a warlock casts this spell on a player, and a wizard casts their own version on the same player the wizard version will override the warlock one.
  2. ARCHIVED-Korvac Xavier Guest

Yeah I've always thought this was ignorant. The other thing about this particular spell in comparison with the wizzy version is that theirs will proc on a ranged attack, ours wont. Just another one of the many oversights to happen to the warlock class, we really could use a dev playing this class or at least one that really listens to the warlock playerbase. We rarely ever ask for massive advantages over other classes, but there are many areas where we get the short end of the stick that go unnoticed or just disregarded.
  3. ARCHIVED-iceriven2 Guest

Korrupt@Najena wrote:
    Wizard spell is off of melee just like the Warlock, unless the wizard has a hidden effect where ranged can proc it .. it shouldn't.
    True it sucks it doesnt stack, but the melee proc is one of the few instances warlock outshines a wizard. Warlock proc is larger, so I tend to have the warlock cast the buffs when there are two sorcerers in grp.
  4. ARCHIVED-isis23 Guest

The wizard one was updated back in RoK to trigger off ranged attacks as well (although it still reads melee), the warlock version was not included in the update and still only triggers off melee.

Hina
    80 Warlock
  5. ARCHIVED-Morghus Guest

I would like it if they at least made them visually as wells as mechanically unstackable. As it is right now if a warlock chooses to cast it on someone that is already a target of the wizard's version of the spell there is no indication of them being unable to stack aside from simply parsing it.
    If anything, I would like it if they turned it into a spell only proc of sorts or simply made them stackable. I generally found little use in casting this on anyone outside of a heroic zone and in raids I only ever cast it on myself or an illusionist for trash.
  6. ARCHIVED-AziBam Guest

Morghus wrote:
    I'd lean to going the other way on this spell. I'd rather that they stack. Honestly, it's not like these spells are OP in their own right so if the situation arises heck just let them both work.
    Oh, I also keep forgetting to /bug that our version doesn't proc on ranged. Prior to this thread I hadn't known about either the stacking issue OR the ranged attack problem ours has. That seems like it really was just an error when the wiz one was changed. I have tested it myself in groups and confirmed the problems as well. Annoying.
    I'd rather the spell proc be a separate buff That's an area that we don't have anything similar to the short term, group cold proc buff that wizards have.

Edit to add: Yeah, I know I'm pretty close to a necro on this post. But, you have to admit that as a whole we warlocks don't post too much so it's not like it made it too far down the first page. :p And, furthermore, I'm busy avoiding real work so leave me alone!