Graphics 'Lag' and 'Hitching' Since Aug 6, 2015 Update

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Kindle Heartforge, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Rollith New Member

My issue seems to have resolved itself.....here are the things I did since patch:
    Validate Game Assets (although I did this after patch and still had the issue)
    Did the registry edit that was included in another thread about crashes (bcdedit /set IncreaseUserVA 2560
    Updated my windows 7 with all of the latest fixes (I have a hunch this was it)
    Ping hasnt hit above 400 since, even on fights with multiple mobs (wont know about raiding until tomorrow night)
  2. Spurn Member

The last fix seems to (sometimes) help, but not everywhere, and especially not in overland zones. Exiting the game and rebooting helps but only for a little while. This behavior is definitely recent for me, either a new bug or something related to Windows 10, but the hardware I'm running should (and has) be able to handle the game with everything set to max, not dropping to 4-5 fps in outdoor zones as soon as I start moving...

Intel i7-4960X on a Rampage IV Black, 64 GB of RAM, AMD R9 295X2, Windows 10 everything up to date.
  3. Spurn Member

This may be unrelated....

Interesting error today after playing a while:

Everquest II - Rendering Device Error

The rendering device has become unrecoverable and Everquest II must shut down.
  4. harvash Active Member

I don't mean to resurrect a very old post, but I was out of game moving for 2 months...I have come back and now am experiencing this exact issue!

Really seems to hit when i am going into an unexplored area on a new character.

Camping fixes it, but this is hardly an accepted work around.

Zoning also seems to fix it.

The connection status doesn't show any packet loss, and ping/bytes seems to be consistent whether everything is rolling along at 120fps or 2fps.

SETUP: i7 6700k, Z170 MB, 16GB RAM, SSD storage, Win7
  5. harvash Active Member

Nobody looking at this thread anymore...

I guess I could do a petition and see what comes of it