Graphics 'Lag' and 'Hitching' Since Aug 6, 2015 Update

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Kindle Heartforge, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Neiloch Well-Known Member

This particular severity is pretty new, I never had problems this severe and the past problems presented to me a minimal amount of times.
    Moonpanther likes this.
  2. Gharyn Well-Known Member

Zoning didn't work for me, had to camp to character.
  3. nutesewell New Member

Camping doesn't work for me. At least with my merc, he lags and doesn't even get to where I am before a fight is over. And my abilities lag throughout the fight.
  4. Nkito Well-Known Member

this is definitely new for me, i have never had an issue like this until the aug 6 update. like others have said zoning doesn't help but a quick /camp to yourself gets me about another 30min of stutter free time, full reboot accomplishes nothing better. unlike a previous post this isn't the typical lag with delayed responses this is more like a quarter second lockup that occurs every few seconds, only when my character or view is moving. if im parked looking at something moving on my screen and dont touch my controls it does not happen. my first thought was it might be attempting to measure or regulate my characters speed since i first noticed it on deathtoll and perhaps speed hacks were being targeted but its happening on other servers as well.

most annoying is that any abilities attempted during these brief lockups are missed completely, not queued even.

another similarity i noticed is i also have the same black texture bug a previous poster mentioned since this same update. just updated nvidia drivers but no fix.
  5. Foretold Well-Known Member

This is exactly my experience. Normal normal hitch... normal normal hitch... about every 5 seconds the screen will stutter.

I noticed the CPU usage slowly rises to over double what it started at by the time the stuttering starts.

Camping to self reduces the CPU usage, but as I play I can watch it creep back up again, and the stuttering starts again after about 20 - 30 minutes, like Nkito says. If I don't camp and just play through it, eventually the client will just crash to desktop.
    Neiloch likes this.
  6. Shadowspawn New Member

Looking at the bright side of the lag issue....kind of a trip down nostalgia lane...back in the days of dial up connections playing EQ where lag was the norm...paying 10 dollars for unlimited lag. Could be a money saver to return to those days...wonder if AOL is still in business?
  7. Neiloch Well-Known Member

A slower connection wouldn't cause hitching/frame rate drops/lock ups.

Hitching is generally cause by hardware or software problems. Lagging is generally cause by connection problems any where between the user and the server.

8. Utulme Member

Fix the problems Daybreak...I spoke with Miss Longdale last eve..it practically fell on deaf ears....since last thursdays update the game consistently booted most all of our guild to desktop....the lag is horrible..it works great for about twenty minutes then the frames begin to drop....FIX IT we pay to play!
  9. Rollith New Member

bumpity bump bum
  10. Wintir Active Member

Does anyone recall the in-game /command to flush the RAM, please?

Thank you
  11. Heinzy Active Member

another example for those interested
    Crushbone server - CL zone

GrunEQ likes this.
  12. Utulme Member

So much for today's update the hitching just got worse and I mean really worse......got booted to desktop within 20 mins of being logged in.....I run a custom made new game machine..and have 16gb of ram..this should NOT be happening I update and check my driver's on a daily basis....I'm not new to this...I build computer's.....Daybreak this is been going on for long enough to affect my game play....I'm an all access member....Fix the game and pay attention the other servers...not just the TLE ones!!
  13. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

LOL been playing on the test server all morning and it's really nice!!! After what Utulme just wrote I think I'll stay on test today rather then get frustrated on live again. As it was, I didn't play all weekend because it was so frustrating..figured test would be the same also, but test is running GREAT!!

Maybe I'll try live later, we'll see. Hope they can get it fixed, have not heard back from my ticket yet.
  14. Rollith New Member

Still broke! Lag is as bad...still pinging from 300-5000 since last thursdays impromtu patch......today's 'address' of the issue did not work.....
  15. Funky New Member

My husband and me got the same issue, its seems its always commin after eq2 goes over 1.5Gb ram. If u restard its back normal, till eq2 goes higher then 1.5 Gb ram again... If its going over 2.0Gb its not playable anymore...Getting some lags/freezes for like 1-2 secs like every 5-10secs...
  16. Collagen123 New Member

Yep, also still getting this even though they fixed it. Have to keep camping to myself
  17. Foretold Well-Known Member

Oddly enough, I don't seem to have the problem any more. I played throughout the day off and on with no issues.
  18. Karsa Active Member

Well during Raid last night there times of TerroRbad lag....
  19. Foretold Well-Known Member

Makes me glad I had a migraine... if that's possible :S
  20. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

I'm having no issues at all since the latest patch. Everything back to normal so far for me. *happy dancing*