Grandmaster Pet spells have no new appearance!

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Enigma, Oct 8, 2014.

1. Enigma Active Member

as the title of the thread says the grand master lv95 version of the mage pet spell has the same appearance as the master version and i'm sure this goes for the scout version as well.
  2. Deveryn Well-Known Member

It probably goes for all ~40 pets that the summoners can call.
  3. Alejo Member

Sad. Hope this was an oversight, but I doubt it
  4. Caith Developer

It's not an oversight, but new art for all of the different pet types is a hefty time investment. It's on the radar to do in the future, but no eta.
    Mycenia, Avahlynn, Deveryn and 2 others like this.
  5. Loredena Active Member

TBH, I've always liked some appearances better than others, and I have a large supply of pet appearance items for the latter ;) so I can wait. Art for the expansion is more important!
    Mycenia and Avahlynn like this.
  6. Shadowscale Active Member

if i didn't have to recast my petamorph wand every time raid stuff sneezed that would be great...
    to make this on topic though, what would the grandmaster pets look like anyway? or atleast what would people like them to be?
  7. Arieste Well-Known Member

Will Ancient Spells at least have new pet appearances? I don't have a pet class myself, but I imagine it would be a huge letdown for them if they didn't...
  8. Morfydd Active Member

How many people do we think would get the ancient version of the pet spells? 17? 27? 37? 107? 1,007?

IMHO none of those numbers is sufficient to make it worthwhile spending the programming time necessary to provide new pet art and animations. I'd much rather them spend that time coming up with a couple more level-agnostic dungeons and other content.
  9. Deveryn Well-Known Member

I don't care much about a grandmaster appearance. I would consider it a waste, since most are never going to see the appearance again in a short time leveling. I would rather have it where we can select our appearance from all tiers of a pet. After that, we can talk about a grandmaster appearance.
    Mordox, Mycenia, Mozil and 1 other person like this.
  10. Mordox New Member

Now we have this - and I think this is just a beautiful solution -, we can talk Grandmaster pets again. I would be happy if the Grandmaster version look the same like the Master version, but 20% larger. For my taste this is would be the right way to simply fix it. I personally think this is a proper and easy way. If you dislike that, just use shrink servant to tone this down ;)
    Deveryn likes this.