"Grandfathered" characters (more free stuff!) Official Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-Isulith, Dec 8, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Isulith Guest

2. ARCHIVED-Loladen Guest

Absolute great idea! :)

If anyone has anything negative to say about this....I just won't know what to think :p
  3. ARCHIVED-DavidSpayed Guest

Well, this is all very generous, but why do I have 3 characters on my account that are locked due to too many characters on my account? They have all been on my account for months and/or years.
  4. ARCHIVED-TitanDamocles Guest

Are you going to undelete the characters I had to delete in order to get under the slot limit to create new ones? :( That would be cool...
  5. ARCHIVED-Brook Guest

Its a great idea (and what should have been done from the getgo) but I cant even access half my characters anymore, they are locked because it says I have too many (which I don't).
    Any plans on helping the people out that deleted characters so they could get under the limit to make new toons?
  6. ARCHIVED-debent01 Guest

Thank you Thank you Thank you!
    But my characters on my (was) Live Account are locked. How do I activate them then?
  7. ARCHIVED-Adaeon Guest

I am shocked that you have chosen to do this. Utterly shocked.
    While I don't expect to be letting our subscriptions lapse anytime soon, I am nonetheless very gratified at this decision.
    I am almost willing to consider the notion that Smokejumper isn't actually the epitome of evil in MMO producers. Way to shatter my preconceptions ;)
    In short: Well done.
  8. ARCHIVED-eidand Guest

This will bring some vets back.
    He said it will happen today or tomorrow, so for now , you can't login.
  9. ARCHIVED-wsninja Guest

This is great news! I knew i shoulda waited to buy that race pack
  10. ARCHIVED-Riftsburn Guest

Thank you, SJ. Regardless of what these yahoos say, you're a class act. :)
    ~Amis, not elaborating on who "these yahoos" may or may not be.

(All kidding aside, seriously, thank you. The fact that you guys listen to us (even when we're whiny and obstreperous) is one of the biggest reasons I play this game. *thumbs up* )
  11. ARCHIVED-Shylajane Guest

Thank You This is all we asked and deserved !!!!
  12. ARCHIVED-TheSpin Guest

TitanDamocles wrote:
    I have had characters restored before after deleting them years ago. I bet there's a decent chance they'll be able to help you.

@DavidSpayed.... I guess you are proof positive that some people will never be satisfied. Getting access to 4 of your old characters for free and entering the game as a silver player is pretty amazing if you ask me.
  13. ARCHIVED-Cloudrat Guest

Hooray!! Now can you go find the rats I deleted?:) J/k Last thing I need is more alts:)
  14. ARCHIVED-ranga Guest

Isulith wrote:
    I have to say that I am most impressed. Tomorrow, I will still be :)
  15. ARCHIVED-Crismorn Guest

Quick and decisive, well done guys and gals.

I suggest you guys come up with an idea to try and get in contact with the players who read the previous email, downloaded the patcher, saw everything locked and uninstalled.

It wont be easy, but this grandfather solution answers the majority of the problems they had.

My suggestion would be to add Grandfathered to the subject line in the emails you send out so it catches their eye and they are more likely to read it and try downloading/logging in again.

Great work.
  16. ARCHIVED-Yunna Guest

Awesome! This is a very reasonable method and it definetely addresses the massive issue of being completely unable to log in to even get a feel for wether or not we want to resub (or buy unlocks).
    I'll make sure to spread the word to my other communities and maybe lure some vets to (re-)re-try it once the unlock is in effect. If you guys get a firm time on when this goes in effect, please let us know.
    Thank you for listening and taking steps to address this issue quickly.
  17. ARCHIVED-Aquittas Guest

I'm a little... stunned.
    This makes way too much sense... what did you do with SOE?
  18. ARCHIVED-TheNecroFiend Guest

What does this mean in terms of playbale chracter slots?
    Does this mean that the option to play them is unlocked and we can use one of our 4 Silver slots to play them?
    Or does it mean that any character that is grandfathered in can be played regardless.
    If this means we still have to alocate one of our playable slots will you please give us the option of select which of our characters we get to play. As it is now i have a character that fits the race/class restrictions but I cannot play him because my Silver character slots was automaticly given to characters that dont fit the race/class restrictions.
    And for those players who missed the cut off date. There should be an option to pick which of their four slots to use. It's going to be annoying if the character they really want to play didn't land in the Silver slot and they have to pay for a character slot just to access the toon they really want to play.
  19. ARCHIVED-GussJr Guest

DavidSpayed wrote:
    This for me too, except only one of my toons is locked...I have been a gold membership subscriber for quite some time now...
  20. ARCHIVED-Pink_Poodle Guest