Got Gi?

Discussion in 'Monk' started by ARCHIVED-Rrawl, Oct 14, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Rrawl Guest

I Thought I'd try to get a consolidated post going regarding that favorite armor of the
    Monk, the Gi. *EDIT - Also added some choice Monk Headgear*

This post is also available in a convenient take home downloadable PDF: PDF Got Gi? Thanks to Masuimi/Nerissa for PDF conversion!

Here's a list with the all the info I've been able to glean, please post corrections/additions and I will add edit them back into the oringial post.
    These Gi should be obtainable without having to arrange a X4 raid, these still take some dedication and patience to aquire:
    Monk's Harness
    \aITEM 1381960225 -1318129030:Monk's Harness\/a - Given to all new Monks as they start out in the Queen's Colony.
    Chainweave Gi
    \aITEM -1833677389 -2091314898:Chainweave Gi\/a - No longer attainable,
    you've got it already, or you don't. This was the original reward for
    Selwyn's Armor Quest 6.
    Lonetusk Gi
    \aITEM 370804591 -957699418:Lonetusk Gi\/a - Presumably dropped by one
    of four named Lonetusk orcs in The Ruins. (needing more info on this
    one)
    Gi of the Silent Fist Initiate
    \aITEM 1799018830 2051686413:Gi of the Silent Fist Initiate\/a - From the 6th in a series of quests given by Selwyn in South Qeynos, near the North Qeynos Gate. Level 20+ to start quests.
    Blood Drenched Gi
    \aITEM -529584361 1950433277:Blood Drenched Gi\/a - From Tombs of Night - Retribution This is the instance for the 3rd quest from the camps for the Bloodlines expansion. There are 3 named vampires that _sometimes_ drop a chest with this Gi. They are level35-36 Triple up arrow Heroic mobs, and very tough for that.
    Rujarkian Woven Gi
    - From Clefts of Rujark \aITEM -2135439610 -501198370:Rujarkian Woven Gi\/a - This is dropped by Annihilator in the War Room. He's one of a number of named Orcs that spawn in the war room about every 15 minutes. He does not drop the Gi every time.
    Gi of the Ashen Disciple
    \aITEM -1895529666 -17868327:Gi of the Ashen Disciple\/a - From the Pillars of Flame - dropped by Wai Yuk, the cousin of the sea on the island just north of T'Narev. She is spawned by killing the groups of Ashen Disciples/Apprentices that are sometimes sparring on same island.
    Ghostly Wraps of Torment
    \aITEM 1106292148 30227880:Ghostly Wraps of Torment\/a - Sanctum of the Scaleborn in Tenebrous Tangle, dropped by Remnants of Spirit in wrait room with pyramid fountain.
    Gi of the Infernal
    \aITEM -863145579 -1239324479:Gi of the Infernal\/a - Drops in Vaults of El'Erad off common inhabitants.

The following Gi are all obtained from X4 Epic instances:
    Gi of Madness
    \aITEM -498390129 667723974:Gi of Madness\/a - From the Cazic Thule instance named Spirits of the Lost - This is dropped by Swyftz the Mad.
    Gi of the Disciple
    \aITEM 1605305682 1762311451:Gi of the Disciple\/a - From the Splitpaw instance named Acts of War (not brutal) - per Gaige this dropped 'in the vault'
    Woven Vulcanized Tunic
    \aITEM -1149401238 -1579045487:Woven Vulcanized Tunic\/a - From Solusek's Eye - This is dropped by Lord Nagalik
    Gi of the Dark Disciple
    \aITEM 937960225 1493812964:Gi of the Dark Disciple\/a - From the Gates of Ahket Aken - dropped by Rhoen

Now introducing Monk style HATS!

(Heroic):
    Hoo'Loh's Woven Hat
    \aITEM 751302966 1904613647:Hoo'Loh's Woven Hat\/a - From Blood of the Brood quest, granted by Hoo'Loh. The safest way to reach Hoo'Loh is to climb the chain from the Isle of Discord that goes up to the Isle of Strifewind, in the Barren Sky.

(Epic X4):
    Skullcap of the All Seeing
    \aITEM -815440998 -1154850495:Skullcap of the All Seeing\/a - From the Court of Al' Afaz - Dropped by The Black Queen
    Skullcap of the Draconic Disciple
    \aITEM -1932676773 -1467052794:Skullcap of the Draconic Disciple\/a - ???

I have found reference to some other Gi that I do not have the above information for, please enlighten us all if you are able, and I will update post:
    Garatch Mot Gi
    - based on naming and discovery date I'd assume this is somewhere in Splitpaw.
    Woven Gi of Conquest
    - Anyone? Anyone? Beuhler? By Discovery date this _might_ be from Splitpaw.

Don't be fooled! The below items don't look like a Gi:
    Gi of the Saracen
    - This does not have the appearance of a Gi when equipped, Forget that!
    The Gi of Master McGillin
    - This does not have the appearance of a Gi when equipped, its appearance matches the augmented tunic. Forget that!

Please post any updates/corrections/additions and I will get them added in as soon as possible.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chainweave Gi, Monk Harness:
    [IMG][IMG]

Gi of the Silent Fist Initiate:
    [IMG][IMG]

Lonetusk Gi:
    [IMG][IMG]

Blood Drenched Gi, Gi of Madness, Woven Vulcanized Tunic:
    [IMG][IMG]

Rujarkian Woven Gi:
    [IMG][IMG]

Gi of the Ashen Disciple:
    [IMG][IMG]

Gi of the Dark Disciple:
    [IMG][IMG]

Ghostly Wraps of Torment, Hoo'Loh's Woven Hat:
    [IMG][IMG]

Gi of the Infernal:
    [IMG][IMG]

Thanks to Arial, Ravenclaw, Shangri La, Maniken, and Lakosha for posing for pics!
    Message Edited by Rrawl on 04-04-200602:00 AM
    Message Edited by Rrawl on 04-04-200602:00 AM
    Message Edited by Rrawl on 04-04-200602:01 AM
    Message Edited by Rrawl on 04-04-200602:04 AM
  2. ARCHIVED-Shankonia Guest

Thanks for starting this thread and posting the info. I'd contribute something to this, but i'm Gi-less. HELP!!!
  3. ARCHIVED-Xita Guest

siggy has monk in Rujarkian and Bruiser and AQ6 gi.
  4. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

.... Why do all these links say "MANA" instead of "POWER" ?
  5. ARCHIVED-Rrawl Guest

You'd have to ask Sony that. Those links are to the offical item listings on eq2players.
    However, if you dheck out the Sony job listings they're looking for new folks to manage the website stuff.
  6. ARCHIVED-Secret-Pak Guest

I got the najena discovery on gi of the saracen, and it is graphically like a dumb leather thulzite tunic. Yeah, that ugly [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] green/. Most dissapointing =(
  7. ARCHIVED-zaboron Guest

"Gi of the Ashen Disciple - There's a post over in the bruiser forum with a lovely pic of this Gi. Unfortunately the poster bought it off the Fence and has no idea where to get it."

It drops off the ashen disciples in pof. The place around the tree on the island for the resident of ro quest update is a good place to hunt for it, from what i've heard.
  8. ARCHIVED-milgin Guest

hey i would just like to add Steel Stitched Gi to the list its the Bruiser AQ so if a monk gets bored and wants to make a Bruiser just to get the Full set of Gis Feel free :)

[IMG]

And dont get mad cause im a bruiser but we gota stick together since the plate tanks hate us :)
  9. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

If you post that pic again I'm hunting you down and giving you a bad nuclear wedgie! I'm warning you gnome!
  10. ARCHIVED-Bricharni Guest

Is it worth saving for legendary outfit seeing rares are more common now or still doing all AQ's. I want somehting to get me through to 30. Im 19 atm
  11. ARCHIVED-Colossaltitan Guest

Apologies for the large images.
    First one is the Monk AQ (Chainweave Gi)
    Second is the Bruiser AQ (Steel Stiched Gi)
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  12. ARCHIVED-Ceist X'Tant Guest

Gi of Madness

[IMG]

On females it looks a lot like the Bruiser AQ Gi, except that has baggie pants instead of the straight legged pants the Steel Stitched have.. was described to me as "MC Hammer Pants" :smileyvery-happy:
    Message Edited by Ceist X'Tant on 10-20-2005 11:14 AM
  13. ARCHIVED-lagerone Guest

The only T6 Gi's I have seen in DoF are the Rujarkian Woven Gi (which I wear) and the Gi of the Ashen Disciple.

While the latter Gi looks fantastic its mitigation is very low. From searching the official database there doesn't seem to be any Fabled T6 Gi's that have been discovered yet. It certainly would be an improvement if we could at least buy a T6 Legendary tailor made Gi (not the first to winge on this I know).

I assume none of you raiders have found any T6 Fabled Gi's yet?
  14. ARCHIVED-geospawn Guest

not as of today ... there must be one out there ... i mean for t5 there is the Gi of Madness which in my opinion is still better in stats than what we have now for T6 with Ruj Gi
  15. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

I'm pretty sure there is a fabled gi out there ;)
  16. ARCHIVED-lagerone Guest

Gaige,

I wasn't sure what that evil wink meant.

Does it mean:

1. I Gaige, have a Fabled T6 Gi
    2. I Gaige, know someone that has a Fabled T6 Gi
    3. I Gaige, have secret nudge nudge wink wink GiFo from a certain online gaming entity
    4. I Gaige, love stirring the pot with non-descript posts that end in :smileywink:

Yes Gi of Madness and Gi of the Disciple are both decent T5 Gi's, although with a good deal less mitigation than T6 Scaled.
    I refuse to buy a T6 scaled tunic and return to the "L40 Warden Look".

I am aware my vanity is costing me 60 mitigation. A T5 Fabled would lower that gap to 40.

My game values are a little different than some - I like to look the part as well.

So Gaige if you are in the know do you want to point me in the direction of a preferred raid target....and don't say "something 30 feet high with 8 legs fond of dry climates"....
  17. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

Maybe this one ;)
    I don't have one, and haven't heard of anyone having any. But I would assume that the progression from pre-DoF will hold true and there will be fabled t6 gi(s).
    Message Edited by Gaige on 10-25-2005 09:27 PM
  18. ARCHIVED-Rrawl Guest

He knows there will be Gi because... he's a Fanboi!

:smileywink:
  19. ARCHIVED-Xita Guest

i think gaige knows there is a fabled t6 monk only gi that gives monks more mitigation than bruisers except because it is a gi it won't cause HP drain making guardians usless finally completing his coup-de-etat of making monks the only tank class that truly matters.
  20. ARCHIVED-pootski Guest