got Crusader merc, can't find him in the Inn

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Geroblue, Jul 1, 2019.

1. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I did look in the basement, upstairs, and on the main floor.

Azora Hael is the NPC's name. Got a single merc crate for 695 station cash.

Do I just locate the Crusader and from there I get Azora Hael ?

Thanks.
    Soara2, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  2. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

3. Daryx Well-Known Member

Hopefully just a silly question, but did you double click on the token after you unpacked the crate, and get a pop-up/chat message saying you may now hire the mercenary in the rogue's gallery? The paladin mercs are in the 2nd level (down first flight of stairs, take door immediately to your right at bottom of stairs).
    Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  4. Daryx Well-Known Member

Should clarify, I mean the first flight of stairs after you get into the gallery, not the ones you are on when you first zone in. Just in case it causes confusion. Azora will be in the 2nd cell on the left when you enter the paladin (crusader) wing.
    Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  5. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Yes. And I read the wiki page before posting.

'Rogue's Gallery' isn't findable on the map, nor does the wiki say its location. Just says go there. No mention of the character's name I was told my character had hired.

I'll try that path to find them when I next play the game. Kinda trying to relax today.
    Soara2, Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  6. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Didn't see any cages. So I must have gone in the wrong area.
  7. Elyria Well-Known Member

ok, if you go in the front doors of Fish's Alehouse and Inn, then you head left past the provisioner lady, you'll see a doorway that leads to stairs and a door that says Mercenaries for Hire! when you hover over it. Enter. Then take a hard right and you will see a General goods dude with a door to the right, this is the Rogues Gallery door. Enter. Azora Hael is not in this first area, you have to go down one more level, just head straightish (you have to veer around Vilehex's cage) to find the stairs to next level down. on your immediate right is the Fighter cell block where Azora Hael is:)
  8. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I found the Fighter area and went down the steps.

Here is a list of the mercs in the fighter area.

Clot Bloodrunner cursed; Lady Gretta Martial merc; Salovar Gord Martial; Click-Clank Mnk 42 enforcer; Qinlin Lou ( a panda merc) martial; Marla Swordtooth martial; Lord Dessel skeletal; Zelsa martial; Toggs Dunjalm merc.

No Azora Hael in there.

I tried clicking on one of them, and my character said 'I don't want to talk to you right now.'.
  9. Elyria Well-Known Member

you are almost there...you have to go down one more level. the staircase that you can see a blueish torch. so in the room where vilehex is, walk around...most stairs lead to cell blocks, the one that leads to lower level you can see has a bluey torch
    Cyrrena, Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  10. Geroblue Well-Known Member

None of the fighter type mercs listed on the wiki are in the fighter gallery. So I have a means of hiring a merc that so far I am unable to locate. I tried the Holiday Merc zone, looked around and then crashed out to desktop.

I have a few things to do around the house, so I'll try later today or tomorrow.
  11. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Didn't see one. There is a torch at the end of the fighter gallery I went to, but it isn't lit.
  12. Elyria Well-Known Member

there are five doorways with stairs in the room where Vilehex is. 4 of them have signs for fighter, priest, mage, scout. If you peer down them you see a brown floor and maybe puddles. The NE door does not have a sign and if you peear down you see stairs and a blue torch, this leads to the lower level where the newer mercs are

*wish i had a char on Maj-Dul...then i could just show you:p
  13. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I'll look again... maybe later today. But this toon is on Skyfire. 23rd level, so this hasn't updated yet.

[IMG]
  14. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

You haven't gone down the passageway that doesn't have a sign. Do so, look in the fighter's gallery on that floor (2nd floor of the Rogue's Gallery), and Azora Hael is in the second cell on the left from the entrance.
  15. Geroblue Well-Known Member

The blue torch is at the bottom of the stairs. Found him and hired.

Uhm, back in a few minutes.

You hear some hammering of a sign on a wall.

"Now, Elachazan, you know what to write on this board do you not ?"

"yes, I'll do that right away"

I shall Not attack a dragon until I am ready.
    When revived once by my merc that should be enough information to run away.
    I didn't. The second time we were both killed.

"Good. Now, do that 99 more times. And you can rest."

Gee whilikers... Sigh.

"I heard that !"
  16. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

Uh-oh....I was just about to post in your dragon-in-Antonica thread for you not to go near him unless you are in a raid party or a very strong group. Anguis is an epic, with epic friends (the strongest mobs in the game) - he will roast you alive and use your bones to pick his teeth with if you try to take him on with only a merc!
    Rosyposy, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  17. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Got a sarnak crusader for my wizard on another account. Had to buy station cash to do it... and add Mercenaries to the account to.

But, got to wipe some beasties up on Butchblock Outpost.
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.