good red rune site

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by parissa, Jun 6, 2020.

1. parissa Well-Known Member

Heya everyone... I was trying to find a site or forum with a list of red runes and what is best for what class... Someone on MD linked the thread on eq2wire forum site for the stats... But I was trying to find one for the runes too please? If anyone has any that they know of that would be great... Kudos on the stats write up...I was way off on mine and that made a huge difference for me since I usually just solo and truck along slowly late nights since I don't get off til 1 or 2 am.... Thank you Feldon and the rest of them over there for the stats and explanations on them all... Now I am just trying to locate kinda the same thing but for the red runes and white ones if there is one...
  2. Observing Active Member

There doesn't seem to be much choice in red adorns. I would just go to https://progress.eq-raiders.com/ to find guild names to search on eq2wire and find a raider with the class you want to research.

My guess is they will have rage, expedience, and reaction on weapons; jux, glory, witness, and championship on jewelry; the special hand rune from voidpiercer's adornments volume X on hands; tormented shadows, fire/ruin/destruction set, and and fervor set matching class damage on armor and cloak; stun immunity on belt. If there are still slots, earth 2-set on armor/cloak and raid adorns on other jewelry slots
    parissa likes this.
  3. Melt Actually plays the game

All this, except every class wants 2 from the earth set. Tons of HP. I sit at 600m on a scout with no bardings. HP set > fervor set
  4. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

"Since release of Tears of Veeshan they’ve (Red Adornments) been replaced by Purple Adornments and are no longer used in end-game gear." https://eq2library.com/guides/adornment-guide/ this happened in nov 2013. on this forum, most likely, messages of an earlier period in which something was said about what you are asking now are just unavailable already. So it's somewhere in the Eqii museum.. but, we can read also that: "Most, if not all Red and Yellow Adornments that came with "Destiny of Velious" can be bought from the Gnoll merchant Momo right next to the bell at Thurgadin Docks (1335, -540, 494)." https://eq2.zam.com/wiki/Tier_10_Adornment_Selector_Guide_(EQ2)
  5. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

Erm... have you logged into EQ2 since BoL launch?
    Dude likes this.
  6. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

I'm not sure about the HP (Elemental/Physical) set. I used it for a while as a monk as it sounds like it's tailor-made to boost Dragonfire etc, but switching to the fervor set made no noticeable difference to my dps, and as for the HP, well we're up to Barrens Challenge mode and we're not struggling for flawless kills, even with some in raid only having 400m. So I don't think it's essential.

There's some whispers around that the archetype fervor boosts (withering/tainted blade, elemental/physical set and noxious/arcane set) actually do very little to nothing, especially for those of us who already have huge amounts of fervor.

Personally I use level 12 Ethereal armour on the hands, feet and chest. So the only rune sets I'm using are the destruction set and the fervor set, but only when an immunity rune isn't needed, otherwise I'm only using 2 from that set. Weapons I use Rage, Expedience and Reactionary Strike, but may swap Reactionary out for Evasion if I know I've got a fair bit of tanking to do, as I've already got loads of adc from the ethereal armour, and cb oc is just awesome.

I have an assassin using exactly the same red rune setup too.
    parissa likes this.
  7. parissa Well-Known Member

Thank you... This is what I was trying to figure out... I wasn't sure what ones I wanted... My biggest problem is with the 3 sets figuring out which one goes to who and if I want all three or just 2... Im still saving up coins for the red ruin off the tradeskill merchant in AC... Is the ruin/fire/destruction set wanted for all classes? Thank you so much this really helped alot
  8. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

Yes, that is the only armour rune set you can be sure is definitely useful. As I said above, there's significant doubt about the effects on the others.
    parissa likes this.
  9. parissa Well-Known Member

On the ones you use for your weapons, do you use the blue or red? I get a bunch of recipe books from overseer with the charges and it shows both. Are there blue ones I should chose over red for those slots? Thank you again.. I see people talk about high end amounts of hp for raiders... What would be a reasonable amount of hp to achieve for a casual player maybe one day eventually a heroic group?
  10. parissa Well-Known Member

I'm sorry I am talking about the red runes in regards to BoL not the ones from past expansions. Those ones wouldn't work for me in BoL... But thank you for link cause I actual have an alt in that area... :)
  11. parissa Well-Known Member

Which one is the earth set please? I really do need hp :oops:
  12. Observing Active Member

parissa likes this.
  13. parissa Well-Known Member

OMG thank you so much.... :D I was looking in the forums on eq2 wire... guess that was the wrong spot... I really appreciate everyone taking the time to give me all this info.... It is really helpful