Good Lordy...Pally tank can take hate from Necro pet

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Serash, Nov 9, 2022.

1. Serash New Member

The necro has about 1k potency more, both level 125, doing H1.
    I threw everything, and it would still pull agro...then he used his dps pet, same thing.

Lordy..
  2. Benj Well-Known Member

Necro pets and Conj pets can easily rip aggro, even off of a raid tank, when they are in defensive stance. Even if offensive stance, the pet can rip aggro if the necro/conj is doing 5-10x the damage of the tank. Some adjustments should probably be made (mostly in improving tank aggro) to stop summoners from being the best dps and the best tanks. Still, if you need an extra tank in a pinch, necro and conj can save the day.
  3. Merker Member

Ughh for some reason. My post posted twice when doing an edit. See below
  4. Merker Member

Aye, necro pets are nasty. My main is a lvl 125 SK and when fighting the puppets during Heroe's Fest, there was a lvl 100 Necro tanking her pet! I was constantly competing for hate with this lvl 100 pet! Was burning Blasphemy, Rescue, Provocation, etc... regularly to steal aggro back. When grouping with my daughters (lvl 125 Conjurer and lvl 125 Necro) I always have them switch to their offensive stance and back their pets off due to this imbalance in mechanics.

It also should be noted that, when in group and/or in raid, the main tank should always be in their defensive stance. It will help to keep aggro on the tank... err for the most part.

In some cases a Necro can tank, yes, but I've seen raid groups get wiped by a necro or conj whose pet stole aggro from the tank. They can dish out dmg, yes, and their DPS is off the charts, but taking it is altogether a different story ;o). Neither of my daughters can duel my SK even on mostly even footing (stats-wise), because just one/two hits and they are down. With my mitigation, 2.7 billion HP and ability to cast while in motion, they just never have a chance. I've even dueled them without my familiar, pets, mount or merc up (so I am not getting the stat bonuses) and they still drop quickly. NOTE: My SK has the combat pet "Death's Devotion", the peafowl and the stat 'mummy' pet from Innoruuk as deity.

My 7yr old (125 necro) did manage to take me down, once, recently, but only because I allowed her the first two-three hits and she was slick about it and hit me with her pet and the most potent spells she had LOL. 2nd round, she wasn't so lucky LOL
  5. Bhayar Well-Known Member