Good guardian AA spec for DOV

Discussion in 'Guardian' started by ARCHIVED-Arkian, Nov 13, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Arkian Guest

My guardian is currently level 84 with 110aa and im curious if anyone has a good tanking spec thats up to date. im currently guessing with some of my spec from what looks like it should be for tanking. any help would be appreciated.
  2. ARCHIVED-Brikwahl Guest

Well I would definitely get 4-8-10-2 in both STR and INT and 4-10-8-2 in STAM.
    Then I would HIGHLY recommend a chrono to level 20 and finish all quests you can get your hands on about level 10 to get more AA; the more the better.
    You will want to aim for 2.5x your current level at minimum and then you will have the flexibility of getting a good build.
  3. ARCHIVED-Wasuna Guest

My rule of thumb for my alts has always been to have ~220 AA's when I reach level 90. That way you have all the important stuff and the rest of the AA's you get will just make you stronger.
  4. ARCHIVED-InsaneChaosMarine Guest

5. ARCHIVED-Yimway Guest

Why do you need a tanking spec at level 84? There are no groups really at that level. Spec to soloing and finish all the SF and DOV quest lines for the much needed AA you're lacking.
  6. ARCHIVED-Arkian Guest

@atan
    This spec is the one you posted for MT. Anyway currently in our x2 and x4 raids i am offtanking untill i get some better gear. My Current Crit mit is 180 (id fill in mit,avoidance but dont have them nearby). What my issue has been is finding a good AA spec and i found the one above and havent tried it yet, the reason behind it is i am currently running with This. Focusing more on hategain,defense,ability mod etc due to having a difficult time keeping threat on multipule mobs right out the gate in raids. once i get threat its not a problemn keeping them and occasionally one our high dps temp pulls itoff me. i know this is randomness just trying to adress issues i have been having due to lack of info online thats up to date. My Characters name is Arknova.
    I also know that putting more points into attack damages/multiattack will help with my threat gain but mainly wondering what the drawbacks of doing this will be. like stated above my gear isnt bad but isnt super good mostly master/expert abilities also. most of my adorns are hate gain/ability reuse/parry/health/attack speed (that i can remember). any input with what info i have at the moment would be appreciated. currently have all my AA trees reset to give something a try. oh and also when i was doing Temple of Rallos Zek last night my parse was roughly 9-13k per boss fight not sure if that helps or not just somone in my guild mentioned that my dps might be a little low as well but i think thats just considering my gear.
    thank you.!