Good against heroic but bad against normal monsters ?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-hortefoutre, Jan 24, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-hortefoutre Guest

I m a 32 necro and i was able to solo Early Varsoon (goblin, master alchemist, master tailor). Lower crush bone (28-30) was surprisingly a bit harder and i got more sweat there.
    I m pet spec with 2 column in the general summer tree (animist transfert and power traded for division by 2 of the damages as end talents). Otherwise i have tainted heal and some improvment for or 2 dots and or closed AOE.
    I m quite slow at soloing monster in Orcland, i tried to AOE them by pulling many but i have only one open AOE (aoe life drain) + 1 pet frontal AOE. And putting pet in offensive stance does not help much.
    SO i tried with the scout pet, but since i have no AAS in the scout lines he is indeed doing less damage than the tank pet. The mage pet works quite better.
    So i m wondering if i should get an AA mirror and design a spec for farming normal to 1^ monsters fast.
    So, what would be a non heroic build ? How much benefit would i get (the cost would be to have to go and load my tank spec when in want to do heroics).
  2. ARCHIVED-Lamprey_02 Guest

Unfortunately, I think you pretty much nailed it. Necros are great at soloing stuff that will kill most anyone else, but it takes them a very long time to kill things. I guess that's the price you pay for being able to solo harder things.
  3. ARCHIVED-Rhadamanthys Guest

I have 2 specs: one for DPS, and one for taking on hard mobs and instances solo. For DPS, beef up your damage spells as well as your mage pet. You can do a lot more damage in this spec. The tank pet is really only useful for soloing ^^^ heroic names and epics.
    It sounds like you have the tank spec down, but you should go down the center line if you haven't. Perceptor's command is good for getting aggro back on your pet. I don't know if you would really have aggro issues at that level, but even when tank specced and all pet gear on I can still rip easily. The extra 25% hp is great for tainted heals, though I only use unflinching servant to get the 16% damage reduction in tight spots.