Gold Subscription question.

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, and New Player Questions' started by ARCHIVED-Iadas, Aug 17, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Iadas Guest

Do I also have to purchase the expansions or do they come with the sub?

Also, I have another account but I can't seem to post in the forums with it. Was there a post I had to read to allow me to post a new topic/ reply?

Thanks in advance.
  2. ARCHIVED-Lizabethan Guest

I'm not good with forum questions, but I do know that you have to buy Destiny of Velious and Age of Discovery (the last two expansions) if you want those features. Everything before DoV is included free with the game now.
  3. ARCHIVED-Iadas Guest

Lizabethan wrote:
    Ah that's too bad :/ Is there any sort of reward for returning veterans?
  4. ARCHIVED-Lizabethan Guest

There are vet rewards, after X amount of time with a recurring sub: http://eq2.zam.com/wiki/Veteran%27s...wards_%28EQ2%29
    But I feel like you're asking "if I left and came back after a long break, are there any perks for me?". I did that after a long break with this account I'm on, and didn't see anything like that except for having old house items from way back.
  5. ARCHIVED-Iadas Guest

Lizabethan wrote:
    I played the game 2 years before it went free to play. I know you got vet rewards then. I guess they kept the same system >_< that's good.
  6. ARCHIVED-Finora Guest

Well, they did give all accounts that had been made (sub or trial even) prior to F2P the silver level membership for free & I believe any of your old characters are not subject to the free membership class/race restrictions (ie if you had a fae mystic from before you wouldn't have to buy the fae race pack & mystic class pack to play your old character).
    Might be some other things I didn't note.
  7. ARCHIVED-bluja000 Guest

With accounts created prior to the f2p conversion, you get silver access (last 4 toons logged into), and silver access without having to pay extra. You can purchase additional toon slots to access any old toons up to the maximum you had previous. You won't have to pay additional for race or class packs for those existing toons. However, you will have to pay for race/class packs for any new toons created after the f2p conversion. All expansions except the last two are included with all access levels, including bronze. You will also accrue credit toward veteran rewards while playing under any membership level, so any paid time you had accrued prior to the f2p will count, and any time (in one month increments, I believe) of paid/unpaid time spent in the game after the f2p conversion will count. You can be a bronze member and still accrue veteran rewards.
    As far as posting with a different account, you may have to do a reset and find out if your username and/or password were forgotten. I have 3 different accounts under my email address, but had thought that only one was the main one. It turned out my main account was under a username I had used ONLY for this game, and therefore one I had forgotten, until I did the reset.
    Also, if you pay for gold membership and create toons that would be race/class restricted, they will be unavailable if you drop down in membership. The only way you will be able to continue to play those toons is if you buy the appropriate race/class pack or continue to pay for gold. The only race/class that aren't automatically available with gold are the freeblood (station cash marketplace purchase only), and beastlord (acquired through expansion only). Those stay available if you drop down in membership, because they are already considered a race/class pack purchase when you get them. You will lose access to them, however, if you have chosen a race or class in conjunction that is restricted. So a freeblood beastlord would be ok, but a freeblood necro would be locked unless the necro is purchased.