Gold Membership

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Feara, Sep 28, 2013.

1. Regolas Well-Known Member

No, to be recurring you have to have a recurring sub active on a CC, whether that's 1 month, 3, 6 or 12.

You can be recurring and then top up your sub time with SC cards or krono, and still be classed as recurring, those things just add time on before they take a payment with your CC.
  2. Airos Active Member

So here's a question I wonder if anyone could answer; Let's say I pay for a subscription for one month through the site, putting a card on file, then from that point forward use Walmart SC cards to keep my subscription going month-to-month. Would I get both the bonus 500sc from the card as well as the 500sc for a recurring sub?
  3. RadarX Community Manager

The Walmart card either acts as a one month subscription or 1500SC with the bonus 500SC. You could use it for the one month recurring but would not receive the bonus 500 SC from the card.
  4. Airos Active Member

Thank you for the reply. Perhaps I was mistaken, but when I've redeemed those cards in the past I thought the button for 1 month subscription said that it also came with the bonus SC.
    Alenna likes this.
  5. Shadrac Well-Known Member

If I understand this right, the free membership level is now so good that people who have been paying for the game say that they may as well switch and save money. And they're pissed about that?
    Rijacki likes this.
  6. Regolas Well-Known Member

You're mistaken, it's one month sub or 2000sc (1500+500 bonus).

But as long as one payment has been taken from your CC, you will continue to get the 500sc recurring gold perk even if you top up your time with sc cards/krono and never pay with your CC again, as long as you don't cancel that sub.
  7. Wingrider01 Well-Known Member

the only thing of true value in a gold subscription is the ability to petition for a in-game problem like a lost item or other game stopping issues, everything else is secondary. Silver can only petition is they have a transaction based issue, other then that use the knowledge base. If you lose that uber all destroying sword of mayhem and you are silver that you looted, to bad, so sad, it is gone
  8. Regolas Well-Known Member

Always keep an emergency krono.
  9. Wingrider01 Well-Known Member

as long as the card on file is good and not expired.
  10. Wingrider01 Well-Known Member

If the item was lost before the subscription some how I don't think they will honor it since you where silver when it occured
  11. Airos Active Member

Fair enough.

I've been on the fence the last few weeks about going Gold since I'm already spending $15/month on SC for unlockers, broker tokens and the occasional piece of fluff. After the recent announcement, however, I'm even more firmly planted on the fence. I suppose I'll just have to wait and see what they have in store for Gold members going forward. Perhaps it'll be enough to sway me.
  12. Mermut Well-Known Member

No, not pissed. Concerned that the loss of of a large number of subscriptions will do to the longevity of EQ2. I know that I don't pay even close to $15 a month in SC purchases. If EQ2 starts making less and less money (this after layoffs) how long do you think SoE will keep the servers up and running?
    Most of those who are 'complaining' are asking for something to make the subscription worth the $15.. we want to keep subbing, but the upcoming changes to silver (no problems with that in and of itself, btw) make gold 'worth' less as the difference between silver and gold is no longer worth $15.
    Even if existing subscibers continue to pay out of some sort of loyalty.. they're unlikely to attract NEW gold members unless there is enough perceived value in upgrading to justify the cost.
    Feara, Kraeref and Avianna like this.
  13. Shadrac Well-Known Member

Then we all want the same thing.

Maybe they can make more money selling SC to more players than they can make by selling subs and SC to fewer players.
  14. Mermut Well-Known Member

I know I won't spend as much on SC stuff as I do on a sub. I can't imagine I'm the only one.
  15. Rotherian Well-Known Member

I dunno. I might spend that much, or even more, but it is very infrequently that I do so*. I'll continue to subscribe (for my own reasons), but each player has to make their own decisions. After all, presumably, it is their money they are spending**.

* If they ever make it where you can gift server transfer tokens, I might send a couple to Mae's Mystic - just to tick Rainmare off***. :p
    ** At least, in my case, I know I'm spending my money. The rest of you could be bank robbers, for all I know. :p (I'm kidding, of course. I don't think any of you are bank robbers. Except perhaps the guy with the shifty eyes. He kinda looks suspicious. :D )
    *** Because the thought of a Freeport-aligned Mystic that isn't on the Nagafen server might be just what it takes to send RM into apoplexy****. :eek: :D
    **** Note: I'm really not a very nice person*****.
    ***** And I'm okay with that. :)
    Rijacki and Ahupu like this.
  16. Ahupu Well-Known Member

It scares me how much reading your posts is like being in my own head Rotherian.....I even think the asterisks.

Oh and just so this is on topic, I also intend to keep my membership for my own reasons. heh.
    Alenna likes this.
  17. Kalderon Well-Known Member

There has to be more, no doubt on that, i will keep on subing.... out of.... (insert any good reason... till i find one).
    Turn around, what do i have less, if i didn´t pay the monthly fee to log in to a game, with less content (in the endgame ^^). (Done the content from 1-95).
  18. Kraeref Well-Known Member

Nothing additional or better than a fluff for gold subs is in update notes for today. Soe didn't listen. Disappointed but not surprised.
  19. Deveryn Well-Known Member

You assume they didn't listen, but the fact is things like this require some amount of discussion. They're not just going to knee-jerk add everything a handful of players ask them to add.
  20. Kraeref Well-Known Member

Not really a handful but plenty of golds voiced their disappointment with fluff.
    Though if you like to think that golds can fit the palm of one hand then it's your choice of illusion.

Just a friendly reminder. Golds were ones paying for this game to last therefore they should have a voice too not just freeloaders who whined about more free stuff. Which they got btw.
    Kalderon likes this.