Going Link Dead, its my life now.... Please help

Discussion in 'General Tech Support Questions' started by ARCHIVED-Kaulana, Aug 30, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-TSR-DanielH Guest

Kaulana wrote:
    If you go into the game options and select voice chat, you should see a checkbox that will let you disable the feature. I don't think it closes the vivoxservice process entirely, but it will be enough to resolve any issues caused by the chat service.
    How old is the modem you're using? Have you had it for several years now? In the past I had an issue with the modem supplied by my ISP and it sounds similar to the one you're reporting. Once I had the modem replaced the problem cleared up. ISPs tend to reuse the same modems quite a bit so it's possible that your model is worn out.
  2. ARCHIVED-Kaulana Guest

I am going to replace the modem provided this week, I hope that is the problem. My router is less then 1 year old. I hope this fixes it.
  3. ARCHIVED-TSR-DanielH Guest

Kaulana wrote:
    Let us know if the problem persists after doing so.
    About 3 years ago I had a similar issue with my Ventrillo client that drove me nuts. I didn't think about trading out the modem for weeks and that was the solution. Hopefully it will work for you as well.
  4. ARCHIVED-Kaulana Guest

As i suspected. It was YOU ALL ALONG!
    SOE you are sorry at tech support with your Cut and paste "your Router is the problem"
    Currently, Router reconfigured to FACTORY settings, plus Wifi Pass protection.
    Modem, still the same one I had before. What is new you ask? YOU RELSEAED A HUGE GAME UPDATE!
    Now magically i can stay connected to your servers. Imagine that. Game subscription ending and probably staying that way. Learn to troble shoot real problems on your end, dont assume its always the user.

HINTS when a hot fix was released, A lot of others had similar issues to mine, read the posts. maybe investigate the cause to a common problem eh?
    AION is calling, see you later.