Gods

Discussion in 'Swashbuckler' started by ARCHIVED-DragonShroom, Jan 19, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-DragonShroom Guest

With guild halls, I would think it would be alot easier to play Exiled. I am never in Qeynos anymore anyways. I wanted to get some opinions...
    Do you think it would be worth it to Exile for Rallos Zek? I am currently praying to Bristlebane.
  2. ARCHIVED-Thunndar316 Guest

I don't know. Can you get writs while in exile?
  3. ARCHIVED-DragonShroom Guest

I went ahead with this...

The +50 STR bonus pet was nice... to get the miracles I was going to buy a house in MajDul, but tried putting my altar in another character's house and gave him Trustee access... it worked fine.

I don't care about writs... The only drawback I saw was Resetting AAs (not sure if I can do that since I am not a citizen) also buying a mount. (Don't have any plans on replacing my current)

So far so good.
  4. ARCHIVED-Thunndar316 Guest

Well what is the best god for a Swash that doesn't want to go in exile?
    I'm currently using Bristlebane but I really don't think it helps much. The cow pet and Cloak are fun though.
  5. ARCHIVED-CatamanderEQ2 Guest

Could you exile, do the deity quests and get the pet & cloak, then go back to Qeynos?
    Or for that matter start a brigand, finish the deity line, then betray to Qeynos?
    Or does the altar and gear become unusable once you change alignment?
  6. ARCHIVED-BaronVonPitviper Guest

the draw back to the betrayal is the loss of all your combat arts you've spent all your resources acculumating.
  7. ARCHIVED-Darkchicken Guest

I got a question about those gods. I wanna join Anashti Sul but im a swashbuckler , is there a way for a good character to join an evil god?
  8. ARCHIVED-RingleToo Guest

Who cares if Bristlebane helps or not? That moocowlizard pet is the best looking one in the game lol
  9. ARCHIVED-RingleToo Guest

Darkchicken wrote:
    Nope, not without betraying.
  10. ARCHIVED-urgthock Guest

RingleToo wrote:
    Actually you could just go exile without fully betraying. But you would be stuck forever an exile since you would have to actually finish the betrayal to become a citizen of a city again. With the advent of guildhalls this has become much more sustainable, although it still sucks in a lot of ways.
  11. ARCHIVED-OutcastBlade Guest

BaronVonPitviper wrote:
    Incorrect sir.
    Just remember to pull out before going all the way. IOW stay exile.
    Problem with being an exiled swashy however, is you cant go back to Qeynos without losing your masters either.
  12. ARCHIVED-BaronVonPitviper Guest

Kanolth@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    further clarification:
    you are correct Kanolth. I tried this with a warden -> fury not too long ago. You do a handful of betray quest in Qeynos and then end up a resident of Haven. Now you are able to hail the various NPCs around Norrath and get faction quests with the various cities. I chose Neriak because the quests seemed to have less running around. After I gained enough faction to enter Neriak I could hail the fury trainer. This is when I lost all my skills.
    Side note, the repeatable faction quests gave really good AA the first time I did them. I'd probably give them all a go while exiled if I was a quest junkie for the AA. Iirc there were like 8 or ten of them for Neriak.
  13. ARCHIVED-Kanlei Guest

My swash is exile with Anashti as her diety I've done all the quest needed to be back a citizen, now all I have to do is hail the class trainer and ta da I'm a good swash again. That being said, it is not that hard to be an exile nor is it a pain. You get call of haven, your guild call, and if your not lazy call of ro. Then there's the stien to port you to a tavern, and splitpaw call.

So basically you can get anywhere you need to be in the same amount of time as if you were a citizen of qeynos. Most guild halls have all the goodies of a major city so it really is not a pain nor is it any different for me to be exile.
  14. ARCHIVED-Manafest Guest

Hi, i'm a 78 swashy on Nagafen, and i went with Karana, i really mess people up when i'm immune from their stuns, mez, dazes, fears, stifles (and i think roots cant remember) for 30 seconds :) and if i'm still fighitng i have potions for another 10sec :p I really hand it to casters and make it difficult for brigs and other classes that love to stun lock ya
  15. ARCHIVED-Kleg Guest

Exile and do Anashti diety id say, really nice blessings and miracles.