Gnome for Tinker Parts collection turn in ?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Geroblue, Jul 21, 2019.

1. Geroblue Well-Known Member

One character had no problem finding the Gnome in Steamfont, up on the mountain, to turn in the Tinker Parts.

Same server, different account, character couldn't find the Gnome at Gome security location to turn the collection in. I stayede there a full game day, as the other turn in was at night, and I arrived there the second time during the day.

I did do a search and got several sites that mentioned there was a collection, but not who to turn it in to.

Thanks.
    Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  2. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

If you are talking about the purple shinies, you can turn them into any of the collection NPCs in any city. You are not limited to someone in Steamfont. If your character is from Qeynos, use the bank in South Qeynos near the Fountain of Storms/Stable/Lions Mane Inn. If your character is from Freeport, use the one in South Freeport near where you zone in where the banker/city merchants/broker are.
    Breanna likes this.
  3. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Oh, I thoguht there was a Gnomeland security gnome to turn them in to. But i was very tired Saturday night when I did it. Save me lots of looking over and over in the gnome area.
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  4. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Doesn't acknowledge I have a collection. I went to the broker/bank/collector building near the stable in qeynos.
  5. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Looked in the log for the one that made the turn in.

Dagbart Falkren is the NPC's name. He is in New Halas. I'll try later. A few things to do.
    Breanna likes this.
  6. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Log in the collections tab of your journal and find the name of the tinkered parts collection and see if perhaps you might be missing one, I believe there are 9 pieces to that collection, 3 pieces in 3 separate areas.
    Breanna likes this.
  7. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Has all 9 of them. One character had no problems, a second character looking all over. Sigh. I'll get it done this week.
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  8. Avithax Well-Known Member

Gero,

If you're on Discord (or not opposed to the quick download) there's a lot of discussions in real-time about the game and lots of players on usually that are willing to give advice:

https://discordapp.com/invite/everquestii

Join the discussion :)
    Cyrrena, Rosyposy and Breanna like this.
  9. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I got a third character, same account as first character I did this collection with, and went to Dagbart in New Halas, and he accepted the collection. Had a book over his head.

The other collectors mentioned didn't.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  10. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Hmm, just out of curiosity, you might look at that character on EQ2U and see what it says about that collection, see if it shows it as completed.
    Breanna likes this.
  11. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Okay, I"ll try that. All 9 items are there, but who knows the vagaries of the server.
  12. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Character that has done the Tinkered Parts turn in is now in the Tinkerer's Extraordinary Toolbelt collection. No platinum cogs in there. Maybe this will lead to getting one.
  13. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I'm getting items for both collections in Qeynos.
  14. elflover Well-Known Member

The toolbelt collection turn in should give you one. And link for other ways to get another
    https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/Platinum_Tinkerfest_Cog
  15. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Found the problem. Correct server, wrong account. Got the Tinkered Parts turn in done on 2 accounts, 4 characters. Three on Maj'Dul, and one on Skyfire.

For the Toolkit gathering items. I don't know if this is a requirement or not:

But for my evil character I had to search at two locations; Freeport and Gnomeland Security HQ.

Good character: Qeynos and Security HQ. To get all items.

Turn in the Toolkit to the same guy as the Tinkered Parts collection. He bows as he gives you the competed quest item.

All Access account on both so far, but the text in the chat window informed me that due to my account being all access, I got 2, yes two, Platinum Tinkerfest Cogs.

So I presume f2p only gets one.

They go to your currency window in Character popup; however, they are heirloom so I was able to move them to a backpack, and then into shared bank.

Whew. Tomorrow one of the accounts I spent all day today trying to find the turn in I hadn't been able to complete, goes f2p on Friday. Turns out the turn in I hadn't completed was on my second account.

I don't know if this is a thing or not; so take it with a grain of salt.

I tried getting the Toolkit gather items as I left New Halas, the platform before you get down to the docks. I didn't get any Toolkit items until later on, say an hour approximately later.

Did these second collection in the evening, so thay may have some bearing. Also noticed, this is on Skyfire and Maj'Dul, that more cog and collectection points show up at Gnome HQ at that zones night time.

I'm going to get some sleep, I hope all of this makes sense. I'll check in tomorrow and see if there are questions about my poor explanation text, or maybe it all held together.

Oh, I have a suggestion. For picking up the cogs, all access should at some interval get 2 cogs per gathering, instead of one every time.

I did try Potion of Mara, gives +5% to gathering, foresting, etc., but it didn't seem to have an effect on getting cogs.

Any, still typing i need to get some rest. Really signing off now.

Good nite !
  16. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I have no idea how the strike through happened. I must have hit the wrong keys last night. This is what it should have said. Edit: And I fixed some typos, not as many as I thought it would be.

Found the problem. Correct server, wrong account. Got the Tinkered Parts turn in done on 2 accounts, 4 characters. Three on Maj'Dul, and one on Skyfire.

For the Toolkit gathering items. I don't know if this is a requirement or not:

But for my evil character I had to search at two locations; Freeport and Gnomeland Security HQ.

Good character: Qeynos and Security HQ. To get all items.

Turn in the Toolkit to the same guy in New halas as the Tinkered Parts collection. He bows as he gives you the completed quest item.

All Access account on both so far, but the text in the chat window informed me that due to my account being all access, I got 2, yes two, Platinum Tinkerfest Cogs. edit: So thats why I spent hours getting things completed.

So I presume f2p only gets one.

They go to your currency window in Character popup; however, they are heirloom so I was able to move them to a backpack, and then into shared bank. edit: Just drag and drop into a backpack, etc.

Whew. Tomorrow one of the accounts I spent all day today trying to find the turn in I hadn't been able to complete, goes f2p on Friday. Turns out the turn in I hadn't completed was on my second account.

I don't know if this is a thing or not; so take it with a grain of salt.

I tried getting the Toolkit gather items as I left New Halas, the platform before you get down to the docks. I didn't get any Toolkit items until later on, say an hour approximately later.

Did these second collections in the evening, so thay may have some bearing. Also noticed, this is on Skyfire and Maj'Dul, that more cog and collectection points show up at Gnome HQ at that zone's night time.

I'm going to get some sleep, I hope all of this makes sense. I'll check in tomorrow and see if there are questions about my poor explanation text, or maybe it all held together.

Oh, I have a suggestion. For picking up the cogs, all access should at some interval get 2 cogs per gathering, instead of one every time.

I did try Potion of Mara, gives +5% to gathering, foresting, etc., but it didn't seem to have an effect on getting cogs.

Any questons just ask, still typing I need to get some rest. Really signing off now.

Good nite !

edit: now, good morning !
    Cyrrena likes this.
  17. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Another update: I don't know if this is the way it is supposed to work, but I have not gotten any Toolkit tinkerfest items at Frostfang Sea Gnome platform.

Got the Toolkit completed on one character. You can't move the Platinum cog direct from your currency window to the shared bank. You have to move it to character inventory, then the shared bank. And the same if you want to move it form the shared bank to your character currency part.

Two characters on Skyfire, because all access gets two platinum cogs upon turn in of the Toolkit collection, have the 30th level flying mount. Furniture ! Hurrah ! And lights, lots of lights and dividers, with furniture oh my !

I hope to get at least one on my account with most characters on Maj'Dul. Platinum Cog that is, Tinkerfest platinum.

Its that late ! Ack ! Off to sleep, perchance to dream ! Hmmm.. That might a good title for something. Anyway, Nite !
    Cyrrena and Faeonara like this.
  18. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I don't think you can move any currency directly from your currency tab into your shared bank or from your shared bank to your currency tab, it always requires a stop in your backpack.

As for the toolkit parts, those may only spawn up in town. Ok from what I read, they do spawn in every town with an unstable tinkered portal, in the vicinity of the unstable tinkered portal. So I believe this is up in New Halas, not down on the platform heading into town from the docks.
    Breanna likes this.
  19. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Right, there is an unstable portal part way up, but I haven't gathered any Toolkit bits there, only Tinkered Parts.

I did find the Toolkit parts in Freeport, Qeynos, and Gnome Security HQ.

Got some 350 cog, 1 plat cog, flying mounts on one account. That is f2p now. Now to work on my one all access account characters.