GNG18

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Aneylee, May 10, 2018.

1. blackjack Well-Known Member

So I know it's early to think about this but when is the next house swap event thing? Is there a mailing list someone has (or is there a point person who pokes people when it's time to sign up?)

I'd like to do this again but I've got a whole lot of stuff going on later in September so I might forget to check here.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Aneylee Well-Known Member

There is the ToT (Trick or Treat) coming up. I believe Shannette said she would be back to host it, If not I can.
    It runs from September 8th - November 2nd. And that is going off last years post Haha. So something should be posted in August for you to sign up!

Never to early to think of the next event!

Aney~
  3. Trixwynter Well-Known Member

Ok worried about getting done in time. Haven't been able to do anything last 3 weeks and now hubby is cardiac ward in the hospital. Hoping he will be home by Friday and I can try to bang out something real quick next week. Just so super stressful right now.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

What server are you on -- whoops, never mind, might give it away. But I'm sure there'll be folks out there who are willing to help! :-/

I hope he gets better soon! :)

Uwk
  5. blackjack Well-Known Member

Thanks, not sure I will commit yet but I'll try to come take a look in August.

Have you sent an email to Aney? With extenuating circumstances I'm sure there's a few folks on your server who'd be happy to step in and make sure the swappee's house is done without causing you further stress. You have more important things going on to be worried about a digital house. I hope your husband is better soon and that things go back to normal for your household.
  6. Kloo Active Member

I have finished my home. If anyone needs help on Halls of Fate, give me (Klooless) or Kazzie a shout and I'll help with anything needed.
  7. Aneylee Well-Known Member

Ack I am not sure how to copy another post.

Trixwynter, you take care of your hubby and do not worry about the house swap at this time. If you would like help, we can do that. If you would like to finish the house yourself, I can let the homeowner know that you need an extension. I am sure that will be no problem at all.

Quiarrah is also out due to an injury at this time. I have also let her know the same, we are all here for whatever may be needed.

We hope that you both will be back soon, but real life comes first! Do not worry about the game, it will be here when you can get back!

And this also goes to anyone else! If you need help or an extension, please let me know!

*Hugs*
    Aney~
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

OMG! What happened to Quiarrah? I hadn't heard! My old swap buddy...! :(

Hope she gets better! :)

Uwk
  9. Aneylee Well-Known Member

Quiarrah hurt her back and they are not sure what she did yet. I have not talked to her in a couple of days, but she will be out for the time being. I will update once I hear something, or she may herself.

But as always our Good wishes go out to those that need at this time!

Aney~
  10. Aneylee Well-Known Member

One more week to go folks!

*Side Note*

REALLY?

There are 2 homes that have not been touched on AB and a few on Skyfire. I am not sure why. And I am sorry, I am not the babysitter. Not sure why you send me in game mail about your home and you have not done anything in the house that your were assigned to decorate. Maybe I am missing something?

I have said if you need help to let me know. But now we are a week away and to ask someone to come in and do a house is crazy. I am still finishing up my own house.

I hope that you all get busy!!

*Rant over*

Aney~
  11. blackjack Well-Known Member

Aw sorry to hear some folks seem to not be in the spirit of things. I really enjoyed being given free reign in somebody's house and trying to make something they'd like - fun way to break out of your shell a bit. I dig the randomness of the event and look forward to seeing what havoc was created in my house.

I am done on AB but occasionally 'helping' someone (mostly just standing around entertaining while they work lol, might just be a tad burnt out now...) I can't offer to deco a whole house at this point, but if someone who is struggling needs help with mass crafting mats or wants a walkthrough I'd be happy to.

So are the doors to our homes opening on Aug 4th? What time? It's right after my birthday so I'll need to make a concerted effort to be there for the big reveal.
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I do know that some folks, if they have the same type of house, will often just do up the design in theirs and then when finished, go to their swappee's place and do a /load_layout MyPlace (for example) in the swappee's house. Boom! Insta-decorated! :D That way, the decorator doesn't have to give additional Trustee access to the swappee's house if they need higher-level help or something, for instance. :)

Does tend to give the organizers heart attacks, though... :-/

Uwk
  13. Aneylee Well-Known Member

Sorry if my previous post sounded cranky, just stressing a little :p

The event runs thru Midnight on the 4th Unless everyone is done and then we can start opening doors!

Hmm right after your birthday? Mine too!

I am hoping to hear back from the decorators to see if any help is needed or if they have a Master Plan like Uwkete said. I do know that some folks can make a house in a day. I don't have that kind of talent but I have seen it done and it is always amazing.

So if you need help in any way (Items, Ideas or a helping hand) or need an extension please,, please let me know.
    Real life does come first but if possible please give me a heads up. I check my email everyday so you can send it there if you can not log into the game. I don't want anyone to zone into an empty home!

Thanks Everyone!!

Aney~
  14. Chikkin Well-Known Member

I'm one of those on AB, though I don't think I'm the one who sent any mails to you.

Real life getting most of my time, haven;t logged in a week probably, earlier wasn't any better either. But!

But!! there is a week left .

Will ask for extension if needed.
    That's all for now
  15. Aneylee Well-Known Member

Not a problem Chikkin! You can do alot in a week! And if you need an extension just let me know :)

I think everything is coming along now. I do have some helpers helping out and I thank them for that!!!!

Aney~
  16. Ealdian Well-Known Member

<sigh>

I want to give a shout out to my friend Aney.

I have been gone either working or vaca-ing for about a month and really haven't done much about my swap. The poor woman is patiently waiting for me to come back and create something magical for someone else. (Not to mention the homeowner's wait!)

We've been in contact but I know this causes her undue stress, because, as organizer of the swap, she has basically promised someone else a newly decorated house. When she pops in to check on progress and sees that basically nothing has been done in my house, I KNOW she feels it.

Fortunately, I had a brain fart while dreaming, and now have collected most of the things I need for a unique (I HOPE!) and scary (WAIT...this ISN'T NoTD!) errr....tinker-y home for someone else.

Tomorrow starts the placement!

I hope everyone else is getting along nicely and not suffering from lack of imagination that I was.

Happy T- Festing everyone!
  17. blackjack Well-Known Member

Glad everything seems to be okay after all. I know you all will pump out some very cool places.

Happy birthday to you Aney. Hope your year ahead is awesome. :)
  18. Aneylee Well-Known Member

Announcement

Hi everyone! I just wanted to give an update on the GNG Homeswap.

Due to popular demand the event will be extended to August 12th.

I know some of you are like What the Heck?

But there are several folks that have been out due to Real Life Issues and want to finish the home themselves. And who can fault them for that? They want to make your home awesome sauce! I hope it is okay to give them the extra time to do that!

That gives you more time to do finishing touches if you need.

Everyone has been busy with Tinkerfest and the PQ's and then the new city festival.

I thank you all for your patience and I am sure your decorator will to!

And Happy Birthday BlackJack, even though early!

Aney~

elflover and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Woot! :D

Uwk
  20. elflover Well-Known Member

I guess the extension will be ok, in game bday present for me yay!:p