GM Spells - Bugs

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Niami DenMother, Sep 20, 2014.

1. Gudum Active Member

I've been unable to log onto Beta since yesterday, it had been up since at least August 27 when they posted an invite in the forums to load test the performance improvements. There is suppose to be a "Friends and Family Beta" for Altar of Malice starting October 1st, and then All Access Beta on the 7th, so its probably being prepared for that.
  2. Rotherian Well-Known Member

Didn't they push the improvements to live already? I could have sworn that they did.

If that is the case (and I believe it is) then they may have shut down Beta because what they were testing didn't need any more testing. However, it could just as easily been for the reasons you suggested.
  3. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

The GM spell changes are not due until the 30th, and there were still bugs on Test (including queries about the harvests that may or may not all be in place) when I checked on things last night. Hopefully we'll see another Test patch or two before this goes live next week. :O

In the meantime, yep, I'd guess that beta, which is used for focused testing of various features when not needed for an expansion beta, has been locked up tight so they can prep it for expansion beta testing.
    Feldon likes this.
  4. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

BUG: I'm even more suspicious that the harvests for GM spells are broken in many tiers on the current Test build (11162T) - I am noting random "failed to harvest" messages in zones that are trivial to my harvesting skill (T4 zone, skill being used is 475 when the node trivials around 180? 190?) This is after the patch where Caith said that the harvests would be fixed.

Kunark (T8) has seen an iconless spellshard drop since the patch. The others are iffy. (T1 seems to be a no-go after 2000+ units of resources were pulled in, T4 is now looking iffy, and I'm not doing a tier-by-tier re-test until I either get dev confirmation that it is fixed, or it is the night before this goes live, and I need to up the volume on my whimpers :D)
    Finora and Feldon like this.
  5. Caith Developer

I don't think we have had a Beta patch since the fix was made internally, I'll check. Are you testing on Test, or on Beta?
  6. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Test, build number above. It was patched since your post saying that the harvests would be fixed for the next patch, and I'd been hoping that Test and Beta were more in-sync. (They're "supposed" to be in-sync, but ....)

At last check, Beta is locked and can't be used for testing this anymore, so we "have" to use Test - which means we can't test combines or such, only examine recipes, test for the harvests, crack the whip over our apprentices, etc.. (I'm guessing beta is prepping for expansion beta)
    Feldon likes this.
  7. Kuulei Well-Known Member

I wanted to run some more zones with my beta copy as she has the flying far seas mount, and a multitude of items to better her harvesting but they made beta "invite only" until friends and family starts oct 1(more invite-only) so I will pop to test server but I don't have all the "bells and whistles" there to make my harvesting optimal :(
  8. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

I DO have all the harvesting bells and whistles on Test on my one level 95 adventurer. That's why I was using her for the tier-by-tier test and coming up empty. We're in wait and see mode now.
  9. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Kuulei on Test server (not beta)
    510 / 510 gathering / foresting / trapping
    520 / 520 mining.

Tier 1 (one) Location: Timorous Deep, Minimum skill needed 1
    Time Harvested: 30 minutes
    Commons: 1319
    Treasured (rares): 67
    Fabled: 0
    Failed to gather: 1 (one) time. I am guessing this is what should have been the shards but the skill is much higher than my 510 - 520 skill

Tier 2 (two) Location: Commonlands, minimum skill needed 20
    Time Harvested: 32 minutes
    Commons: 1445
    Treasured (rares): 65
    Treasured (Material): 7
    Failed to gather: 3 (three) times. I am guessing this is what should have been the shards but the skill is much higher than my 510 - 520 skill

Tier 3 (three) Location: Thundering Steppes, minimum skill needed 90
    Harvest Time: 60 minutes
    Commons: 2439
    Treasured (rares): 85
    Treasured (Material): 17
    Failed to gather: 4 (four) times. I am guessing this is what should have been the shards but the skill is much higher than my 510 - 520 skill
  10. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Posted in another thread but thought I should post here too since Test Server has this issue currently:

[BUG] SOEBuild=11362T
    Mage Grandmaster Recipes Volume X is missing all conjuror spells
  11. Pixilicious Well-Known Member

Sorry if this was asked already but I cant find the answer if they decided if the recipe books are going to be have to researched with the assistant, or drops, or sold by vendor ?
    Also the rare harvested component can be harvested from anything, or just certain types of nodes ?
    Thank you
  12. Mermut Well-Known Member

The recipes are researched.. but not individually. Example: Priest Grandmasters, lvl 90-95 is a single researched item.
    From current testing it appears that all nodes that give rares now will have a chance at the new 'special' rares. There are two separate new rares and I haven't been able to determine if they come from a different set of nodes or not. Somebody else might have more data there. I was hoping they might also come off fish nodes, but I haven't gotten any from fishing, so I'm guessing not.
  13. Caith Developer

Minor correction, the recipes books are both researched and dropped.

And spellshards and foundations can be gathered from all harvest types with the exception of special quest nodes.
    Tylia, Finora and Pixilicious like this.
  14. Mermut Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info!
  15. Pixilicious Well-Known Member

Thank you Caith
  16. Loredena Active Member

It looks like a bug slipped into live servers - quite a few F2P players who had previously completed Epic Repercussions are finding that they can no longer use their spells, and a few others who completed it this weekend said they were in their spellbooks, but red.

Since the spells are Grandmaster it seems likely they are being flagged the same way as the dropped/crafted grandmasters -- but since they are the result of a complex questline it seems to me that they should be treated the same way as the once per tier grandmasters we select, and be available to F2P. Especially as they have been usable up until now.
  17. Endymion Developer

Caith responded another report of this elsewhere, but this will be addressed soon. :)
    Loredena likes this.
  18. Canth Active Member

Just a note that on the day before these go to Live, on build 11362T, Conjuror spells are still not in Mage Grandmaster Recipes Volume X. I really hope it's not a bug that goes live.
  19. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

Might be that Conj doesn't have any 90~95 spells getting the GM treatment?
  20. Mermut Well-Known Member

More likely a bug, since all except a small handful of spells are supposed to get grandmastered.
    Feldon likes this.