GM Spells - Bugs

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Niami DenMother, Sep 20, 2014.

1. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

First, there's a discussion thread here: https://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/index.php?threads/grandmaster-spells.551138/ for those who want to just know details on what this is all about. (Hopefully that'll cut down the signal-to-noise ratio in this thread a bit, so it can be kept on-target for bugs.

Now, on to the bugs I've found so far:

1. All Fighter GMs are on the work bench using coal - if we're keeping them consistent with how lower level versions of those CA's are made, they should be on the alchemy table using candles. (The scout ones stay right where they are with the fuel they're using)
    2. All Mage/Priest GMs are on the engraved desk using candles. They should be using incense
    3. Fighters/scouts use gems (which is the priest spell rare in all tiers, and scout spell rare in higher tiers), while mage/priests use wood (which isn't a spell rare at all). This is not really making logical sense to me - is it an oops?
    4. Recipes are level X9 to research, while the difficulty levels are X0 (so the level 20-something GM's can't be researched until you're a level 29 crafter, but the recipes themselves will be green con by the time you can learn them.) It is picking a nit, but it'd be nice if level and difficulty matched. Oddly enough, though, my level 60 Weaponsmith on Test has the option to research the level 69 scroll, which is ... confuzzling
    5. Should the spellshards and foundations be harvested in the tiers that they correspond to? I got an illusionary foundation to make a level 60-something grandmaster of a T5 (level 40-49) node
    6. The illusionary foundation fits into the harvestable bag (good), but lists itself as a level 1-9 transmuted product (bad). I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that all the spellshards and foundations should be checked for proper flavor (examine) text.
  2. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

I have harvested now 4 rare materials for grandmaster spells in T5 (level 40-49) zones. All 4 of them (3 from Feerrott, one from Rivervale), are for level 60-69 grandmasters
  3. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Is that the only tier 'activated' for the rare materials?
    I have been gathering quite awhile in vesspyr and have yet to find any.
  4. Caith Developer

I've been out of the office for a couple of days, so I haven't been able to check up on exactly what build is on Beta at the moment. I'll take a look at these today. Depending on the build, there should be a merchant available on the dock of Halas on Beta that will make testing much easier, allowing you to buy any of the books, as well as the components, including master spells.
    Loredena likes this.
  5. Finora Well-Known Member

I reported this in game but I was looking last night & the lowest level mage grandmasters can be researched at level 8, instead of the 9 levels that every other book is.
  6. Kuulei Well-Known Member

[BUG] I found if you fail at creating a grandmaster, the master used in the recipe is lost! :eek:

Not sure if that is intended but might get some people upset. :D
    Feldon likes this.
  7. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

I know I would, especially with the rarity/cost of Scout and Fighter masters especially. Idk how Lock/Wizzy masters look on Broker, but most of my Swash masters are 250~300p a pop atm, and will prolly spike come the 30th :p
  8. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Verdant Whisper III Currently dispells 124 levels and is level 70, none of the priest classes have had a group cure added to game since Kingdom of Sky?

expert 109, master 124 and Grand-master 130? That is just sad.:(
  9. Mermut Well-Known Member

Especially since we've been told that content will always be balanced around expert lvl spells.. which means either priest group cures are going to be useless in lvl 100 raid content, or we need to, finally, get updated versions with the expac
    Kuulei likes this.
  10. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Current Tier on Beta All components are fabled currently and are tagged: This transmuted product looks as if it coulc be used for crafting 1-9 adornments
    Nebulous 1-9
    Aethar 1-9
    Phantom 1-9
    Ethereal 1-9
    Spectral 1-9
    Visionary 1-9
    Illusionary 1-9
    Sacred 1-9
    Voidstone 1-9
    Prismatic 1-9

What it should be per the recipes:
    Nebulous 1-9 This rare harvest looks as if it could be used for crafting 1-9 grand-mastercrafted items.
    Aethar 10-19 This rare harvest looks as if it could be used for crafting 10-19 grand-mastercrafted items.
    Phantom 20-29 This rare harvest looks as if it could be used for crafting 20-29 grand-mastercrafted items.
    Ethereal 30-39 This rare harvest looks as if it could be used for crafting 30-39 grand-mastercrafted items.
    Spectral 40-49 This rare harvest looks as if it could be used for crafting 40-49 grand-mastercrafted items.
    Visionary 50-59 This rare harvest looks as if it could be used for crafting 50-59 grand-mastercrafted items.
    Illusionary 60-69 This rare harvest looks as if it could be used for crafting 60-69 grand-mastercrafted items.
    Sacred 70-79 This rare harvest looks as if it could be used for crafting 70-79 grand-mastercrafted items.
    Voidstone 80-89 This rare harvest looks as if it could be used for crafting 80-89 grand-mastercrafted items.
    Prismatic 90-99 This rare harvest looks as if it could be used for crafting 90-99 grand-mastercrafted items.
  11. Finora Well-Known Member

Currently on test all I seem to be able to harvest thus far (got T1-T2 so far) are illusionary spellshards and illusionary foundations, which presumably are supposed to be the level 60-69 ones. They also have the bit about being trasmuted products that Kuulei mentioned.

So with what Niami said earlier it seems all that is harvestable currently on test are the illusionary ones that should be for tier 7.
  12. Caith Developer

If you fail at the combine, you will indeed lose all of the components.
    konofo likes this.
  13. Kalika Well-Known Member

You cannot waste 2 master on a combine, internet connection are subject to failures, your servers too, our computers too. I suggest to add some fuel component with cost around 100pp that may be lost, but the idea of loosing masters is wrong. I remember the coldain prayer shawl quest in Eq1 and never started it since any failure would restart the quest at the start. I remember people who lost 9 steps due to someone stupidly breaking the final raid encounter.
    Naudi, Tylia, Alenna and 1 other person like this.
  14. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

That, or we really need to rethink how we value items on the broker, and the current master drop rate. After about level 30, they rarely, if at all drop. When they do, it is reasonable to put them on the broker @ high prices currently, because it is the highest spell tier. However, 100~500p a master and 0.5~1% drop rates are not going to fly when you risk the master to finish the recipe. I know some people (Read this as most non-dedicated crafters XD) who almost always lose their second pristine durability bar due to just mashing buttons, so this is going to suck for the self-sufficient loner types lol.

I didn't have much problem with what I was experimenting with on Beta earlier, but I know how to make crafting work for me and counter every last possible mistake, plus my connection is pretty much perfect unless there's something wrong on the server's end. Doesn't speak for everyone's skill @ crafting or connection prowess though :p
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  15. Kuulei Well-Known Member

the fuel was returned.
    I suggest the combine return the master but the gathered rare, common and fuel gets consumed. I know on a failure of a current expert in game, only loses the fuel. Something such as a hard-to-find dropped-only component, should not be lost.
  16. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

Hope they will budge on this, yeah, especially since you're already losing 5 rares, 200 jewel components if you're unlucky and fail. This will result in a massive upsurge on broker because they are what some of us might call in the swashbuckling business..."Falsely Costly", as in there is an illusory risk of a massive cost (100~500+6.5*5 for the master and rare alone) to produce the Grandmaster.

Do we currently have to have the master scribed in our book to scribe the Grandmaster? If so, this is doubly Falsely Costly. I would legitimately fence these at my local dealer for 80~800, by abusing the nature of it :p even newbies would not escape The Gouging....
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Alenna like this.
  17. Gudum Active Member

You got the fuel back because that is what the recipe produces if you get past the first bar, if you fail before that (unlikely with the way the recipe works) you probably would lose it all.

Have not had any problem crafting the grandmasters, even when intentionally missing several counters I've been able to finish. Tried several level 95, and mostly level 20 and below, using a level 95 armorer, with and without crafting gear, and none of the recipes seems difficult.

One very major problem I'm having is a grandmaster going back to a lower level sometime after having scribed the grandmaster. I'm using my level 20 sk on beta server, and was upgrading everything to grandmaster, starting at level 20 and working my way down. A few recipes were missing, but when I had finished the ones that were available, I opened the Knowledge book to the Upgrades tab, and several had gone back to apprentice or journeyman. Insidious Whisper went back to journey even after scribing a 2nd grandmaster.
  18. Caith Developer

Make sure you fill out a bug report on those with the character that was affected, so our code team can take a look at it this week.
  19. Kalika Well-Known Member

I remember failing some combine due to an interface bug (drumui indeed), carft started but i got no progess bar and no event bar.

I hope they change the rules, my ISP sometimes goes down and SOE servers have been sometime under attack by pirats.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Alenna like this.
  20. Caith Developer

1. These were corrected internally, should be on the next beta update.
    2. These were corrected internally, should be on the next beta update.
    3. Grandmaster spells weren't intended to use the same resources as Experts, however for consistency we will probably change them to do so. No decision one way or the other just yet however.
    4. Make sure you cannot research these please. If you can see them in the research window, you can research them. The level listed in the window is displaying the highest level recipe in the book, which is why it is always X9, or 95 in the case of the t10 book. You should be able to start researching them at X0.
    5. You shouldn't be able to harvest them at all yet actually, they slipped through to test before they were quite ready. They should be available and correct in the next beta build.
    6. All of the foundations and spellshards were flagged as transmuted products, which applied that prose via code. That has been corrected for the next beta build.