Gliders

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Satyr, Dec 13, 2017.

1. Tominator Member

I'm not sure what you meant by your reply to my comment Bullet

'Do you people even attempt to resolve or understand your own problems? This took me a few moments to find. And yes, buyer beware.

https://www.everquest2.com/news/fallen-gate'

I suggested that DB add a disclaimer to cash shop items to the effect that some items may not work as intended on TLE servers. Are you saying those disclaimers exist? I admit I haven't looked. I kinda assumed they don't since then anyone who bought an item expecting certain effects on TLE but didn't get them wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

If the disclaimer isn't there, then what's the point of the link you provided? It does say something like some cash shop items will be locked behind future expansions. If that's what you're getting at, then I'd say the op has a valid complaint since the item they bought wasn't 'locked' behind a future expansion. Instead it was made available. Now.

I'm just trying to understand your point!
    Snikkety, Ceyllynn and Sixgauge like this.
  2. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

Obviously I have no idea what the majority if players want, but this is your longest thread on TLE forums going back 3 months, and so far only 1 guy doesn't want gliders. I think the vote is a good idea, and EoF would be a good time to unlock gliders if players want gliding unlocked. Butcherblock and LFay and GFay have a lot of tasty gliding to be had.
    Snikkety and Ceyllynn like this.
  3. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

There is no disclaimer, and bullet's link is irrelevant.
    Snikkety and Ceyllynn like this.
  4. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

those mounts have been the market since dof opened in sept, they're not leaper mounts(which were on the market before and enabled when dof came out), can't be used as app for leapers or most other mounts, two of them aren't cheap. players bought them with the assumption, that like the leapers they would be enabled, once KoS came out.
  5. BulletCatcher66 Active Member

The information is out there. Folks don't want to read or attempt to find it (as you admitted) therefore they get frustrated when they don't understand things. Then come tot he forums to preach fire and brimstone about the game and devs. People could solve a majority of their own problems with a little work.

There is a disclaimer. Its in the link. Just because you choose not to read it or you want to be a forum lawyer and get all technical with semantics and other useless dribble doesn't mean DBG made an attempt to inform players. The point is... buyer be ware. If you don't like it. Leave... that's the beauty of a capitalistic society. Stop spending your money on things you dislike.... McFly... HEELLOOO!!!!!!
  6. Tominator Member

I haven't looked for any cash shop disclaimers since I haven't purchased anything from the cash shop that didn't work :) I've purchased a pack horse, and an appearance shield. Both have served me well on TLE! If I purchased something that didn't have a disclaimer, and didn't work, I'd be miffed.

I think several of us disagree on your link's value in the context of its standing as a disclaimer. Guess we'll have to agree to disagree. It wouldn't surprise me if there was some cash shop wording buried in some agreement when joining the TLE server that everyone overlooks before clicking 'I agree'.
  7. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

When you examine the glider in the marketplace on TLE, does it display flight speed as an attribute?
  8. Rhyashaa Member

No, only ground speed. Although the tooltip says something along the lines of "Ride this amazing gliding mount!"
  9. Dinglebert Jones Member

The fact that only ground speed is displayed should be enough to give anyone pause. Would a general TLE disclaimer hurt? No, but anyone who is paying attention can clearly see what they're buying. Do the bare minimum and hope for the cash, that's the Daybreak Way!
  10. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

nope, but neither did the leapers, which they were selling ahead of DoF.

i don't get which part is hard to understand? for the TLE MP under mounts, only 2 main category types were listed for shattered, ground and leaper(but the leapers were disabled). after DoF opened, there were 3 ground, leaper, and glider. if all of these were meant to be ground mounts for 2 years, why have them under the gliders category? since the leapers were enabled well before EoF, quested mounts which are supposed to be gliders came with KoS... it's really a mess up by DGB, the mounts should not be on the MP if they are not going to be enabled for 2 years(from when they showed up under buyable as GLIDERS). like i said they cannot even be used as apperance.
  11. Dinglebert Jones Member

It's really easy to understand. So easy, in fact, that I wouldn't have bought a glider. They aren't going to re-list them in a new category on the marketplace for one server. Look at what you're buying and if you're unsure, ask for clarification. If you just assume, well... You know how the rest of the saying goes.