Gliders

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Satyr, Dec 13, 2017.

1. Satyr Well-Known Member

They worked on Stormhold and Deathtoll, they don't work now. Could you please enable them, it's illogical for them to do nothing with leapers available, and they're fun!
    Xillean and Ceyllynn like this.
  2. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

yep, just a tad pissed, they've been avail to purchase since dof came out as app only. I have all my aerkyns with their useless wings and a bought mount for my freebloods and still can't use them... despite the quested glider mount avail.
    Xillean likes this.
  3. BulletCatcher66 Active Member

I'd argue to NOT enable gliders. The leapers being in are okay because they came with the TLE adventure pack thingy. So leapers are cool. Lets not introduce gliders and add yet another dynamic to make the world smaller. Wont gliders be available in RoK?

Less is more folks. Lets keep TLE as close to classic as possible. All those extra features will become available in due time. I mean with this mentatlity we should ahve mercs, real guild halls, etc. added into the game.

Let the content come during the appropriate time.
    Bekkr likes this.
  4. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

there's two quested gliders "wind komodos", adv(hallmark) and TS skill lines, I know they're there because rhiyannon has them as I have done both quests.

not even going to touch on "oh the stuff that never existed until this TLE is okay to add".
    Xillean likes this.
  5. BulletCatcher66 Active Member

But they don't glide at the moment right? I gathered that from the original post.
    Leapers are okay they were made available at launch with adventure TLE pay to win pack. Gotta keep leapers. Gliders though.... can't we hold off on those and have that as another feature to look forward to at a later time? Perhaps when gliders originally became available?

(Jesus man/woman/zer chill the eff out. I offered a different point of view. Damn you people need to chill out with your emotional over reaction to a simple opposing view point. Sorry, but your opinion is not the only one that exists. Sorry I didn't shout and scream what you wanted me to, this isn't "your" echo chamber.)
    Bekkr likes this.
  6. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

wow... just wow, you might want to reread what you wrote, highly inappropriate.
    Prissetta and Xillean like this.
  7. Bekkr Well-Known Member

Is everything ok at home? You seem pretty stressed out.
  8. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Id say no, remove leapers while you're at it tbh.
    Bekkr likes this.
  9. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

maybe they can sell a potion to unlock the gliding ability for $30
    Mizgamer62 and Ceyllynn like this.
  10. Simparri Active Member

Personally I've never liked gliders, they are a pain to control. I've just about always went from a leaper straight to a flyer. Others may like them but they're just not for me<grin>.
    Soara2 likes this.
  11. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

no they're not fun to control for most, too twitchy etc... but would give most of us a better chance of surviving a fall off the sky islands. they've had the mounts(treegliders) in MP since DoF, there is the two quested "wind komodos" and the cloud mount... aerkyn wings have glide, like the mounts, from 60...
  12. Zenji Well-Known Member

Not saying they shouldn't fix the glider mounts, but if the concern is falling off the islands in KoS, the leaper mounts work well, so do the Disc mounts you can get from the mount vendor in the major cities; as well as dozens of cloaks have slow fall activates on them. Not to mention several of the classes have slow fall/ glide abilities.
  13. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

14. Zenji Well-Known Member

Arasai and Fae, also have Glide
    Dark Elf, Erudite, High Elf - all have slow fall

but who is counting....
  15. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

*facepalm* yeah, not what i was refering to. unlike those other races, aerakyn, unlock their abilities like leaping at 30, glide at 60 as part of their race(no quests). they've been locking up the wings, we're getting them, but not the abilities like we're supposed to. racial fall is also hit or miss, it's bugged and has been for years. in order to use it, i cannot zone, must dismount/mount and pray that it works which it rarely does. without the leaper wings mounted(which they enabled finally with DoF), i nearly bought a cloak, cause i plummet like barbarian warrior in full armour with the same damage.

speaking of which, while i am highly entertained hearing "CRAP!" on a fairly regular basis from downstairs, while my hubby is playing on his barbie guardian/beastie... he refuses to pay money for a leaper or any other mount, when he can quest them, which is fine as far as it goes. i'm sure he's not the only one, not wanting to be forced to pay real money for mounts, when there are supposed to be viable quested mounts which would save his very large butt.
  16. Rhyashaa Member

There were gliders in KoS. There are even two quests you can do to get a free one; a tradeskill quest and an adventure quest. Back in the day they even had different stats (TS stats and adv stats respectively). So your argument to keep this "classic" and "let it come at the appropriate time" fails since Gliding were available in KoS. Leapers were introduced with EoF (and there's the two questlines for that as well). Flying came with DoV and if you were a race with wings, you had to do a specific racial quest to get your wings to work. Or you could just do the griffon quest and not worry about it.

And the leaper mount wasn't the adventure pack thing you could buy. It was a limited time, had to get to level 10 within 2 weeks of the server opening, bonus. I don't remember what the "Adventure Pack" bonuses were other than getting a really big backpack but I am fairly sure it didn't include a leaper mount.

So the person who seemed stressed out who was wondering if you were clueless, really was wondering if you were clueless. Because if you played back in the day you would have known all these things.
    Ceyllynn likes this.
  17. BulletCatcher66 Active Member

At KoS launch... there were not gliders. Those mounts were added way after KoS. Those quests to get the mounts in KoS... those too were added way after KoS was launched. There were never gliders in KoS at launch. With that being said gliders should not be allowed on Fallen Gate at this time. Unless they are pay to win, then by all means have them in. If I pay cash money, then I want to use it in game. Pay2Win FTW!!

Oh yea, thats right. it was the jBoots that were pay to win. I stand corrected. Leapers should def stay. just sayin.

I did play back in the day. Again I will say there were no leaper mounts at KoS launch. im not clueless. The stressed out person needs to chill a moment and not lets a string of text trigger them so much. I dont have enough time to grind like some ya'll... so i prefer to pay to win.

In case you needed it:
    When were gliders added to EQ2? http://bfy.tw/FxMv

eq2 kingdom of the sky launch date http://bfy.tw/FxN0
    Bekkr likes this.
  18. Melt Actually plays the game

It's insane that you honestly think you can rationalize pay to win. Whales such as yourself are the reason for this games decline. It should never be money>time in a video game.
  19. BulletCatcher66 Active Member

No you didn't.

Lets not debate the cash shop yet again.

Don't hate the player, hate the game.
  20. Tominator Member

I really don't have a dog in this fight...I'm happy with my cash shop pack horse! I agree with Bullet on one point - for me, I have more money than time, so cash shop is a nice way to get qol items that I otherwise wouldn't get. My packhorse for example!

As far as leapers/gliders...I expect if enough folks speak up, it may get the devs attention. I hope you get what you want.
    Bekkr likes this.