Gizmos N' Gadgets - Tinkerfest Swap Official Announcement Thread

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Spextasy, May 9, 2017.

1. Spextasy Well-Known Member

[IMG]

Hello all!

Upon many requests and inquiries I have decided to host another house swap! This one will be for the Tinkerfest event and anyone from any server is welcome and encouraged to sign up! How and where to enter can be found at the bottom of this post.This swap will be called Gizmos N' Gadgets 2017 (henceforth referred to as GNG17.)

Here's what you need to do before entering :

1.) Choose the home you'd like to have decorated. Change the "name" of the home to "GNG17" and set public access to "NONE." (This is so random people can't accidentally zone into your home and see what your decorator is working on.) Then, grant trustee access to "Shanette."

2.) Leave a book or note in the home with the following information, for your decorator :

- Name
    - Address and City of Home
    - Character Race, Class, Gender (this can sometimes be helpful to your decorator while designing your home for you.)
    - Whether or not you'd like a Tinkerfest theme.
    - Any additional requests or information you'd like your decorator to know about you or the home.

3.) Place additional items you think your decorator might need or want. Such as a Guild Hall door, portal pads, or a house actor customized as your character so that they can build your house to scale to your character.

4.) Use one or both item expanders on the home. (Totally optional but always courteous.) ;)

5.) Once the swap has officially begun (see dates below) DO NOT enter the home, or you risk ruining the surprise for yourself and possibly making your decorator sad. We don't want to make our decorator sad!

Once you've completed all of these, send EMAIL to shanettesnow2004@yahoo.com with the following information to enter the swap :

- Server(s)
    - Homeowner Name(s)
    - Decorator Name(s)
    - Home Address and City
    - If you feel you will only be able to complete a smaller home, include this in your email, and I will try to accommodate you to the best of my ability.
    Please do not send in entries via the forums or in-game mail. I will only be accepting entries via email for this swap. It cuts back on confusion. :)

You are welcome to sign up on as many servers as you feel you will be able to participate on, but I encourage you to remember that there is a time limit to complete them. Please don't overwhelm yourself!

The sign-up period will begin today and will run until midnight of June 6th, 2017, when the swap assignments will start going out, and the swap will officially begin. The swap will run from June 7th until August 2 (the last day of the actual Tinkerfest event.) This gives everyone about a month to get signed up, and roughly 8 weeks to decorate their assigned homes. DO NOT enter the home you are offering to have decorated between June 7th and August 2. (You know who you are!) :p

If you don't think you'll have time to enter and decorate a home but would still like to participate by assisting others, please let me know your decorators' name and server and I will compile a list of "helpers" for each server, that people can contact. You may also sign-up as a helper even if you're entering the swap yourself. ;)

All home assignments will go out via in-game mail so please be sure to have room in your mailbox by June 7th, 2017.

The email to sign-up again is shanettesnow2004@yahoo.com

I am very excited and looking forward to all of the amazing designs everyone comes up with for GNG17!
    Good luck and most of all, HAVE FUN!

~Shanette
    May 9th, 2017
  2. Wizzam Well-Known Member

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!! This is gunna be the bee's knees y0!
    I'll sign up on whatever server you need, as many times as you need me.
    SUPER excited!
  3. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

I'm in on Maj'Dul! (Amanirose)

Can't wait!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Gretel like this.
  4. Katz Well-Known Member

First of all, I love the banner you made for the announcement. Secondly, I'm in!
  5. elflover Well-Known Member

OMG YAY! I was hoping another house swap would happen soon and I have the perfect place for this one muwhaha!!
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I'll take it under consideration! :D

I've got Carpies on other servers that haven't maxxed yet; the others that have, have done so because of events like this. Maybe I should pick another server than HoF, Test, or Thurgadin for this one... ;->

Uwk
    who's also on AB, Maj'Dul, and Skyfire
    Spextasy likes this.
  7. kianne Well-Known Member

Ummm! i have no idea what this is, is it just all tinkered items to be used ? or can tinkered items be incorporated in a project? im not very versed in gnomish stuff, so im a complete noob here!! please help me understand so that i can then make a judgement on whether i can do this please :) xx
    Spextasy and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  8. Febrith Well-Known Member

At point 2) Shanette says to let your decorator know whether or not you'd like a Tinkerfest theme so I'm sure as a decorator it doesn't have to be totally tinkery or even a bit tinkery (tinkery is a great word lol!) and you could still enter even without tinker recipes.
    Tinkery tinkery tink tink tink! (I had a doughnut sorry) x
    Spextasy, Gretel, kianne and 2 others like this.
  9. Wizzam Well-Known Member

DONUT! Shan, you got everyone started on this...
  10. Febrith Well-Known Member

Have I just been told off for spelling?o_O:p
  11. Wizzam Well-Known Member

Lol not you Feb. Shan and I have been goin head to head over the past 2 days on how it's actually spelled. I say it's DONUT. She spells it like you do. Then Kianne brings in Colour and Favourite and I'm shaking my head over here and y'all crazies <3
    Was just perfect timing that you mentioned a Donut!
  12. Enoibia Well-Known Member

What colour is your favourite doughnut?!
  13. Febrith Well-Known Member

LOL - and I think you'll find I mentioned "doughnut":<3

I was taught in an all-girls catholic school (lived abroad and nowhere else to go) for a few years so my spelling of most words is probably archaic tbh:) "Donut" reminds me of Dunkin Donuts - and who the hell dunks a doughnut in their cup of tea - that's just all kinds of wrong!

And apologies for inadvertently de-railing the thread!
    Spextasy, Gretel, kianne and 2 others like this.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Trust me on this, they're not dunkin' donuts in tea, but in coffee... :-/

If it helps, I prefer the British spelling for things like "traveller" and other lovely words that just look wrong without the double consonant (it's "worshipping," not "worshiping"! "Worshiping" looks like it should rhyme with "sniping" instead of "sipping"). And you gotta admit, through and threw are two completely different words, and--sorry. :oops: Back to you, Shanette! :D

Uwk

P.S. I like "doughnut," too. :) --U.
    Spextasy, Gretel, Prissetta and 3 others like this.
  15. Febrith Well-Known Member

We clearly need a doughnut thread - there's a lot to talk about!

Shanette's gonna come back and check this thread and be like "WTF?" LOL
    Spextasy, Wizzam, Gretel and 3 others like this.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Tell ya what, Shan; let me know where you have an odd number of sign-ups on either AB, Maj'Dul, or Skyfire, and I'll do my best to kick up one of my Carpies on there to a reasonable level. ;->

I think I could probably get my Maj'Dul Carpy from 72 to 100 by this weekend, come to think. ;->

Now to find out if he has enough Tinkering... :D

Uwk
    Spextasy and Gretel like this.
  17. kianne Well-Known Member

LOL Doughnut :p HAHAHA.. Wiz ur out numbered u doughnut :D LMAO
  18. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Thanks so much for running so many awesome events and now how to videos!!!!....omg give me like half of your energy and I might finish my todo list by the end of the year lol. :)
  19. kianne Well-Known Member

thanks for info feb :)

LOL funny you should say TInk .. thats my nick name from my brother lol ooh and what doughnut did u have ,, was it a jammy one or a freshcream one ... /shakes head not a custard doughnut... or was it an soft iced one with sprinkles... Oh i love sprinkles on my Doughnuts.... was it an Apple Doughnut.. :p :D lol
  20. Febrith Well-Known Member

OMG my nickname for my brother is "Dinks" - (he's 9 years younger than me) - weeeeird!

And I'm embarrassed to say it was an old lady plain sugar ring doughnut lol - too much icing sets my teeth on edge!