Getting knocked off mount very easily on 120 boosted character

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Andric, Jul 25, 2022.

1. Andric Member

as title says - my new 'zerker is gettign dismounted on any single hit it seems when flying - doesnt happen on my normally level toon. How do I get him to be more stable while flying?
    Daryx likes this.
  2. Bludd Well-Known Member

what familiar do you have? do you have aggressive defense on?

do you turn on coordinated wounds and then fly around?
  3. Andric Member

Floraform Gorilla familiar, Abzhu mount, no on coordinated wounds, tuned off aggressive defense - no difference.
  4. Bludd Well-Known Member

how is your auto attack setting?

what does act say?
  5. Andric Member

looks llke its the aa ability Reversal - but similar ability Lunge reversal on the swashy doesn not.
  6. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Just so you know, it's not a mechanic that hits only zerkers. It can happen to any class, any time, especially in Karuupa Jungle, for example. But really, all you need to do is be flying and run into a mob that aggros against you. That's why pilots tend to avoid objects in the air when they're flying, haha.
  7. Bludd Well-Known Member

no you actually have to "hit back" for it to happen unless its a named mob

so if something procs on incoming dmg and that hits the mob, you fall because you enter combat
  8. Bludd Well-Known Member

yeah so the mob hits you and reversal procs and puts you into combat

just spec out of reversal, its not good anyway
    Andric likes this.
  9. Bhayar Well-Known Member

It can happen in group or raid to someone who's flying as well that hasn't hit anything, due to the "if one is in combat, we're all in combat." That can be very annoying at times, haha.
    Bludd likes this.
  10. Balcerak Well-Known Member

I get knocked off all the time in the jungle due to hitting a branch. But I can quickly remount (hit the 'take off' button) and continue. This happens with all my characters. Maybe it is a combination of this and some aggro, dunno.
  11. Svenone Well-Known Member

Getting knocked out of flying because of hitting a branch is not the same thing as getting stuck in combat while flying (and thus getting knocked off your mount). My brig almost never has this happen...my coercer, however, always does. It's very annoying, and sometimes fatal - certainly painful.