Getting kicked to character select when zoning

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Rinda, Mar 18, 2017.

1. Rinda New Member

This is getting old. Twice now in half an hour. Only zoned twice between incidents.
  2. Dude Well-Known Member

Yep, me too. Twice today and five times yesterday. Call to GH, call to home, world globe to Neriak, and barrel in Butcherblock to Halls of the Unseen. All sent me to character select. :mad:
  3. Shmogre Well-Known Member

Happening to me on Maj'Dul as well today...within minutes, got kicked to Character Select multiple times when zoning between guild hall and housing (with "You currently have a character in this world" message when trying to get the character back in).
  4. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I just wanted to fourth on that back to character selection or worse I am getting tired of it.
    But don't you know they fixed the log on problem , now we have the problem to stay in the game.
  5. Claws Member

Today, I think it has been 8 times so far. It is not so bad being kicked back to the character select, it is the waiting to get back into the game that is the killer
  6. Stonehart New Member

Skyfire, zone to Obulus, wham character select, wait and get back in, zone to thalumbra, wham, character select. That happened about 7 times yesterday. Has happened twice this morning within 20 mins. This is irritating.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

It's only been happening to me last night/this morning with Test, but then I've only been on Test for that time, trying to do my "job" and test the new Bristlebane's Day stuff. :-/

Mostly just hit when trying to go into a house/guild hall (usually) or out of one. Basically, it hesitates on the black zoning screen, Waiting for Zone Server (or whatever the official message is), does nothing, then starts a flurry of activity...that has nothing to do with zoning into my building. I groan and roll my eyes, knowing what's gonna hit. And it's done that more often than not last night/this morning. X-P

If I'm patient and wait for the paranoid, omg-omg-omg-someone's-gonna-'bot-this-13-year-old-game message to calm down, I can almost always get where I need to go. But yeah, it's annoying. :-/

Uwk
    Shmogre likes this.
  8. Alenna Well-Known Member

I"m getting the same thing trying to get into guild hall twice. it was the restored Highkeep Tier 3 although 2nd time I actually got into the GH before it kicked me to Character select.I"m on the Halls of Fate server.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  9. Stonehart New Member

Ok, got in again this morning for the third time after being sent to CS twice. Ran 2 LCoT zones for daily solo/adv. solo. Call to GH, click bell to go to fens for PQ and run the solo/adv. solo in there, soon as I clicked the bell, boom, Hello Character Select.

Isn't there anything that the devs can do to fix this irritating nonsense?

*Edit*
    There was no Loading page at all, it went directly to the Character Select page.
  10. Ludilly Member

It's pretty constant ... everyone is complaining in channel on skyfire.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, every time it booted me, when I looked at the booted toon on the Character screen, it said I was in the building I wanted to be in...it just never finished loading or something by the time it kicked me out. :(

Uwk
    Shmogre likes this.
  12. Enoibia Well-Known Member

Yesterday I was booted to character select screen several times just randomly in the middle of doing a PQ! Also got the message "you already have a character in the world" each time when I tried to get back in.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, they still do that...that's a holdover from way back when, when apparently evil folks from the Far East (So. Korea? China? wherever) were botting the game all over the place and having multiple characters in at the same time on the same account. I doubt anyone from anywhere (maybe Finland?) has been botting for years now, but it's on automatic. :-/

The only way I've gotten "around" that is to play a rousing round of Solitaire for a minute or three and tried again; by then, it should've calmed down. :-/

Uwk
    Enoibia likes this.
  14. KingFrog New Member

This is the same problem i've been having for a couple of days now! not cool!
  15. Lil Mantis Member

Experienced this over the past couple of days as well. Normally it was when I attempted to call to guild hall where it would boot me to character select.
  16. Armageddoux Active Member

Hello,

that happens more and more often :
    1) I think there is a gap problem between the moment where a toon disconnect and the next try to connect. Databases are still not updated about the disconnection and so we get the message "you already have a character ..."
    2) Since two or three days, I experiment playing without any merc (in order to get a little more ascension points in solo and advanced solo instances ;) ), it seems to me there are less problems without mercenary ... but not really sure of that : not enough time to experiment it ...
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmm... Usually when I see the "You already have a character..." box pop up, it's after I've been booted to the Character Select screen and if I try to pounce right back on to the character I'd gotten booted with. I haven't had that kind of issue pop up that often at all just /camping from one character to another...although I will say that during Frostfell and my panicked "Gotta change toons NOW!" mode (for the Santa Glug dailies), occasionally it would boot me to an entirely different screen: more black, with the "here we are, happily loading!" art behind it, and a little "This character is in use." sign. To which I always replied, "No it isn't, you twit, what the hell?!" and then muttered a lot in frustration. X-P

Uwk
    who doesn't use mercs (has never unlocked that feature [though Qho or Raffik as Mercs makes it reaaaaaallllly tempting ;->]), so can't be of much help with that experiment :-/
  18. Armageddoux Active Member

Sorry bad explanations from my own :(

I wanted to say that I think that each time you zone elsewhere in Norrath, there is a connection to the account database server which is done by the game and that is at that moment that things go bad because of a bad asynchronous timing or something of this kind of art (it looks like your toon tries to get datas from the connexion server in the new zone although he is still known in the old one)
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ah! Got it! ;) That's one reason why we're getting booted to Character Select when we try to zone? And the minute you're out there, if you try to get back in "too early," you'll get yelled at by the game. :-/

Uwk
  20. Armageddoux Active Member

yep at least it's my opinion, maybe I'm wrong of course