Get ready now for the NOTD contest - early announcement

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by suka, May 1, 2016.

1. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Prayers and good wishes for your brother-in-law, Suka, and also for yourself.
    suka and kianne like this.
  2. suka Well-Known Member

hey judges - everyone loved your feedback. i hope that for the next year's contest, the judges will have time to give even more feedback- and lots of praise. they found your suggestions and constructive criticism helpful and your praise uplifting.
    kianne likes this.
  3. suka Well-Known Member

thank you
    Merriel and Prissetta like this.
  4. Merriel Well-Known Member

Wow, suka, you and your family are in my prayers. I hope all goes well with your brother-in-law and with your surgery as well. Don't worry about the showcases...they can wait. Real life comes first and we just want you to get better. *Hugs*
    kianne and Prissetta like this.
  5. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

My best wishes go out to you too Suka and your brother-in-law and whole family. Don't worry about this stuff just focus on your family. *Hugs* and good thoughts sent your way
    Prissetta and suka like this.
  6. suka Well-Known Member

thank you
  7. suka Well-Known Member

if i skipped anyone on the feedback please let me know. also if you are also on facebook, check there. i sent some to facebook ids.

also if your feedback doesn't fit your house, let me know so i can double check it
    Prissetta likes this.
  8. suka Well-Known Member

working on showcase. don't give up on me yet
    Prissetta likes this.
  9. Spextasy Well-Known Member

If you're talking about my home from last year, published under Loganne, that is on the leaderboards,my Notd home was republished before this years even started.

It is very sad you would call someone out on something like this before getting all the facts.

I didn't even enter this years contest.
    Merriel likes this.
  10. Wizzam Well-Known Member

I remember your Dead and Breakfast winning last year. This year you specifically said you were not entering that contest. Why are fingers being pointed?
    Merriel and Spextasy like this.
  11. Wizzam Well-Known Member

This is why I do not participate in contests here. I understand mistakes and accidents, but when you bring this out in front of other people like this, you are being cruel. Sending a personal mail or message would have solved this much easier. A reputation is something that takes a long time to build up and it takes even longer to replace once slandered. Shan has never, nor would she ever cheat, especially in something like decorating that she's is so passionate about.

I tried responding to one of your 2 posts on Facebook regarding this exact thing, but you removed them once you realized you were wrong. I am incredibly disappointed.
  12. Spextasy Well-Known Member

Thank you Wiz, you worded this much better than I could have.
    I realize heading up contests is quite a chore, but I agree that a PM or mail before calling someone out publicly would have been the better route. Something to keep in mind in the future, perhaps.
    Merriel and Wizzam like this.
  13. Eryn Well-Known Member

Did this really need to be posted here and on FB twice? I saw it on FB and was like what is she talking about and before I knew it poof the post was gone. Then I come here and see that it is here also for all to see and wonder who/what she is talking about. Being an impartial person running a contest you are supposed to above everyone else. Calling people out even without naming them is very childish and attention grabbing because now everyone is thinking who is it? Who cheated? etc, etc, etc, and like Wizzam pointed out reputation in this game is everything and it's a shame you are trying to ruin someone's over a silly game/contest.

Shame on you.
    Merriel, Spextasy and Wizzam like this.
  14. Eryn Well-Known Member

Oh and I like how you tried to cover your tracks on calling out Shan on being a cheater by editing your post. what would have been better than editing it is that you apologized for what was said. People don't forget things like this so easily.
    Merriel, Spextasy and Wizzam like this.
  15. Merriel Well-Known Member

Personally I don't like to step in the middle of other people's drama, but I just want to point out that while I know suka is very outspoken at times, I also know she really feels badly when she hurts other people's feelings and I don't think it was her intent to slander anyone.

She is human, just as we all are, and susceptible to making mistakes. She is also going through a lot right now in real life, with medical problems and surgeries the like of which I hope I never have to go through. I consider all of you as my friends and hate to see things like this pop up between you all and hope that everyone can take a step back, take a deep breath, and calm down.

Suka is generally very good about apologizing when she is wrong, so maybe she just hasn't had time to make the apology yet, and she probably just forgot to take the post down here as well. I'm sorry that she made the accusation without getting all the facts, but I truly think it was just a misunderstanding that may have been poorly handled. I am sure she will post a response as soon as she is able to do so. Please forgive my interference, but with all she is going through, I felt it necessary to step in, in her defense. My intentions are good and I only hope that this whole thing can be resolved amicably.
    Spextasy and Prissetta like this.
  16. Wizzam Well-Known Member

I can definitely see your point, and I respect you trying to help out a friend. I have read somewhat about what she is going through in real life recently, and while I feel badly for her, I am still upset. She posted the accusation here as well as two different pages in Facebook. On one of those Facebook threads, she responded to Shanette, and after changing it to Shanette was the cheater, then said someone else copied Shanette's work (and gave out a different person's name), then said she was sorry she was incorrect and took down all posts. That does not cover the people in this forum that saw nothing other than her accusations.
    Fyuri has never been malicious, so we're not cornering her for what she did as much as we're upset at how she's not fully correcting it. She did come through here and remove her original post, but you can still see it in Shanette's quote/reply.
  17. suka Well-Known Member

first of all, i did apologize. before i removed all of the posts. and i apologized to the unnamed person i had contacted. i am still researching the problem i found. i was not on Maj'dul server when i ran into a house that seemed very similar to one that had won last year. i am not sure if i stepped into the wrong house. i tried to double-check the titles. remember there were several winners last year- not just one. and no i never mentioned anyone by name, but i did say that the original designer was not the one who would have cheated. turns out i was not in the house i thought i was in so i am spending time trying to find out where i was.

i didn't leave the posts up because i couldn't find the house immediately and didn't want them left out there. and no i would never do anything maliciously. thank you merriel.

and i never said shanette was the cheater. you said if she had done something and i answered no, if she had done that she would not be the cheater

there are many instances in any decorating where items are copied and ideas look very similar. there are also a lot of differences in any house. however, this one had taken me by complete surprise because it was so familiar to me- one of my very favorites. i am not sure if it was taken down after i was in it or if i just have to look harder for it.

it is hard to second-guess yourself when you step forward to state something and then realize you can no longer find it. the way the houses are set up on the leaderboards make things hard to find. i didn't even take pics because i recognized the house and thought, no, this can't be - something is wrong. i sent a toon in on the other server to see the original house and didn't see her in the house i was in. of course i was shocked.

when and if i can find the house again, i will post pictures and tell who owns it. it might not be someone who entered but rather an accidental entry on my part, although i did keep checking the name because i couldn't believe what i was seeing.

so no, i didn't call anyone out. what i have decided to do is only showcase the winners. the main reason is because my health is quite bad. and no, if my health doesn't improve, there will be no further contests.

and i am still researching this. i am hoping it was some kind of fluke where a shadow house appeared on a different server from the one it was originally done on. that has never happened before, but i tend to find any and every bug in the game. as one friend asked me, maybe my computer is possessed- or haunted- or something

edit- also when i was in the house i put a like on it. when my toon went to the original house, there were no likes on it so she put one on it. seems if that had been the house i was in at first, the first like would have shown up. however, on the leaderboards sometimes likes never show up.

and at first i thought i had to be on the same server, but going back through my notes, i was not on the same server as the original house
  18. suka Well-Known Member

and yes i edited it- i have to. sometimes when i read through i don't always word it the way i wanted, or i leave out words, or i remember something i needed to add
  19. Wizzam Well-Known Member

You unfortunately have us all at a disadvantage, as almost all of this transpired over on the Facebook page and you have since deleted it. I did not save snag-it's of any of the conversation, but now I have learned for the future to do so.
    No one is attacking you, but merely expecting you to do the right thing. You apologized over this to Shanette on one of the two Facebook pages you posted all of this on. But almost immediately after posting the apology, you deleted everything, including that. She, as well as others involved in the conversation, were not given time to see your apology nor you explain that you were going to look into this further.
    You have not apologized here to her, so how is she, or anyone else, supposed to understand your remorse?
    I am not beating a dead horse, I am merely asking that you make your corrections known, especially to the correct person.
  20. suka Well-Known Member

then if you feel i haven't apologized i will do so now. i sincerely apologize for any misunderstanding or that i seemed to be accusing her. i apologize Shanette. I have always admired your work and never meant to accuse you of anything
    Merriel, Spextasy and Prissetta like this.