Get ready now for the NOTD contest - early announcement

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by suka, May 1, 2016.

1. Faeonara Well-Known Member

Rather strangely, since I did not submit a home, I found a rather cute cube in my inventory and two books in my mailbox. I am at a loss to understand why I have them . Can you please check if someone is missing the reward over here in Skyfire please so I can redirect them to the rightful owner .
    Ps. I have to confess I plan on reading the books before I redirect them. I cannot help it since reading is in my genes :p
    Merriel, suka, Moena and 1 other person like this.
  2. kianne Well-Known Member

nope u got them because u partisipated by helping me ... :) as i told suka how u helped me when i needed items and how you brought me the house a few yrs ago , so with out u there would be no llamedos guild village, xxx
    Faeonara, Merriel, suka and 3 others like this.
  3. suka Well-Known Member

you were submitted as a helper. since you made items for someone, or donated items to their home, or offered suggestions. check to see which friends on your server submitted a house and know you can thank them for submitting your name as a helper
    Faeonara and Merriel like this.
  4. suka Well-Known Member

please note that there were no mistakes in the names i submitted to the devs. i may have missed someone because their names were not submitted (i checked each name on each server before submitting) but if you got the cube and the books, it was because you in some way participated in the contest. even if you signed up to judge but couldn't because of circumstances in real life, or if you submitted a house but couldn't publish it because of circumstances in real life, you got submitted to the dev. i do hope you all enjoy the cubes and we can thank Lera, for whom the original cubes were made, for the fact that we have them. it was suggested to me by merriel that i ask for them. if you have seen a special item in the game that came from the devs but very few people have the chance to get them, let me know. i am all for creating events or asking for unusual items for next year so that we can have the unique but rare items.
    Faeonara, Merriel and kianne like this.
  5. Febrith Well-Known Member

I swear that cube is the spitting image of that which you can obtain by doing the red shiny collection from the sewers - or do I misremember?
    suka and Merriel like this.
  6. Merriel Well-Known Member

It is the spitting image...except the shiny collection one is a house pet and this one is a plushie. :)
    Faeonara, Febrith and suka like this.
  7. Merriel Well-Known Member

Hmm do likes not show up right away? I thought they show up pretty quickly, but I just visited Llamedos Guild Village and posted likes on it again, since it was taken down and then re-published, but it only shows 1 like for each of the two categories. I don't think my votes are showing, for some reason, as Gretel said she voted again as well. :/
    suka likes this.
  8. suka Well-Known Member

sometimes they take awhile to show up- sometimes even a day or two- depending on the game and the census
    Merriel likes this.
  9. suka Well-Known Member

it will take me awhile, but i will vote on each house as i visit. we are going through family problems right now with my brother-in-law in the hospital and different things happening.
    Merriel likes this.
  10. Febrith Well-Known Member

Aaah thanks:)

And thanks for the cube and especially the books - I didn't know you got a participation prize so that was a lovely surprise!
    Merriel likes this.
  11. Faeonara Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear your family is having this problem Suka. I do hope things get better soon .Do not worry so much about us here as I am sure everyone understands that when push comes to shove, it's life outside the confines of the game( wonderful though it is) that takes precedent .
    suka, Merriel, Moena and 2 others like this.
  12. Chikkin Well-Known Member

My first time judging and it was almost impossible to not go 5 5 5 5 on all houses lol They were all perfect. It's like picking between perfect, wow! and OMG
    Congrats to all participants and winners. Afterlife was my all time fave, really enjoyed beatlejuice-like waiting room and got serious chills a couple times.
    Faeonara, suka, Gretel and 4 others like this.
  13. suka Well-Known Member

the judges did great. you were all wonderful.
    Faeonara, Prissetta and Merriel like this.
  14. kianne Well-Known Member

lol perhaps that should be the options for future contests instead of 1>5 have nice/really nice/ perfect/wow/OMG then you can easlyer express how you feel about the place better than just numbers lool :p
  15. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

LOL . . . I like that! Nice. Really Nice. Perfect. Wow. and OMG!
    Faeonara, Gretel, suka and 1 other person like this.
  16. suka Well-Known Member

i needed scores so i could accurately rate each house. they were within a very few points of each other. i do have feedback from most judges that i will be sending to each entry so they can make next year's contest even better. they did put those expressions on their reports, but i needed scores. also i hope next year to make it clear that i need a score on EACH point- not overall scores. each point is important and adds up to scores that work for me. there are reasons for everything so it is important.
    Prissetta and Gretel like this.
  17. suka Well-Known Member

ok i am about to mail out the different comments by the judges. if you have comments when visiting the houses, that you think would help them in the next contest - you have three choices. you can pm them directly to the decorators. most have id's on the forums and put their houses here.
    you can pm them to me if you want to remain anonymous.

you can post them but i don't recommend that. we don't want to embarrass anyone or expose any negative comments publically. criticism is to help, not hurt. please phrase your comments tactfully. please don't bash any decorator. if your comments sent to me are very hurtful, they will be rephrased when being sent to the decorator. we want to help them do better next year and possibly to win next time. we don't want to discourage them or hurt their feelings in any way
    Drezzden, Prissetta and Gretel like this.
  18. suka Well-Known Member

i need to know the forum names for these houses:

Idraine -
    NOTD 16 Something wicked this way comes

fulbright -
    NOTD Cogworts School Laboratories

i need your names so i can send you feedback from the judges.

edit: ok i went into the game and sent ingame mail to both of these.

Everyone has been contacted - either through pm on forums, pm on facebook, or ingame mail. please check your mail.
    Gretel likes this.
  19. kianne Well-Known Member

just joshing with ya suka :D xx
  20. suka Well-Known Member

i am sending out explanations to all of the entrants, but i have some serious family problems right now. my brother-in-law is in the hospital. i can't go into any great details but it is serious and my family needs me right now. that combined with two important doctor appointments (i am getting shots to help me cope with my back problems while waiting for January's surgery) will delay my showcases until the end of the month. meanwhile i am visiting the houses, voting on them, and taking notes. and also the dungeons.

i plan on having two showcases- one showcasing each winner and the other showcasing all of the runner-ups. the houses and dungeons were so awesome that the judges had problems judging them. lol some just gave almost everyone the highest score! that is simply how great these places were. the scoring was very close so all of the houses deserve to be in the two showcases. i will try my very best to get them finished as soon as possible.

and of course, i am also trying to play the game and take advantage of double xp while it is on.

The community here is really great and i appreciate your participation and your understanding.
    Chikkin and Cylene like this.