Get kicked to desktop every single time I zone into my house.

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by The_Real_Wurm, Dec 10, 2017.

1. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

This bug has been around forever, it would be nice if someone would finally fix it.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Ceyllynn like this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

How many items are in your house? If you're straining at the seams, what with the separate count for Building Blocks and the hidden count for "books that don't count (up to 200)," it could be straining your computer. I had the same problem getting into my house or any of the guild halls I was in with my old XP system. :(

Uwk
  3. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

I have a i7, a ton of RAM and the Newer TitanX... it's not my computer.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  4. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

It was doing it to me as well every time yesterday, so I feel it is something recent that has caused it to come roaring back with a vengeance.

Cyrrena
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Something recent...as in since the newest expac was released? :-/

Uwk
  6. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I would hazard a guess something either with the update last week or something in the expac.

Cyrrena
  7. Solaria Active Member

I will be honest, I am having a similar issue. Since the xpac, I crash constantly. I have even gone as far as cleaning my system, and reinstalling EQII fresh, and still getting the same thing.

I could be in a house, ghall, standing in a city, zoning or click on a broker or banker, and just drop to desktop with no warning, no error message just game closed. game over.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Gah (still wishing we had a "I don't like what's happening to you, but we don't have a Sympathize button" button)...I guess I've lucked out just doing nothing but Frostfell stuff for/with my Horde, but I've been noticing a lot more "This account is in use." (well, of course it is, twit; I'm using it!!) nonsense than usual. :-/

Uwk
  9. Sharann Well-Known Member

Same for me. No warning, game just disappears from my screen. I recently moved to SSD but still the same issue. I've tried several settings but no difference. I've started crashing more often with the new expansion and I crash when I'm in old zones as well. My comp is brand new and I have no issues with any other game.

I almost never crash while in combat, only mostly when zoning or just standing doing nothing specific.
    Cyrrena and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmm..."standing doing nothing specific," do they still have that stupid thing about if you go /afk and move, like to breathe or whatever, you're running the risk of being banned? :-/

Maybe now they're just booting us for it instead... X-P

Uwk
    who's very, very glad not to have gotten the expansion yet :-/
  11. Sharann Well-Known Member

When I'm doing nothing specific I'm usually stuck with my head in my bags trying to find something useful :p
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Good lord, and they boot you during that? Sheesh... :-/

Uwk